Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy *** SIGNED on ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL ***

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He is on loan to the end of the season,so no announcement needed ,but provided we stay up it's a done deal.its in the contract.
I really hope this is right.

No point leaving it until we get into a bidding war next summer.

I think the Huddersfield chairman has hinted we have an option to buy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Naylor says there is a confidentiality agreement between Albion and Huddersfield over Mooy's future.

So this means no news on the long term future can be confirmed or denied.

It's all about reading between the lines now and Naylor's report today in the Athletic is a good read.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Naylor says there is a confidentiality agreement between Albion and Huddersfield over Mooy's future.

It's all about reading between the lines now and Naylor's report today in the Athletic is a good read.

Plausible, though I've not heard of it happening before ..... but I expect the existence of confidentiality clauses are usually covered in the confidentiality clause.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Mooy's agent said something to the Australian press, so it does look like something is happening, which may be good.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well he's definitely not LEAVING us in January, as he can't play for another club this season anyway. So we likely won't know until the summer whether he's staying or not. Might as well cryogenically freeze this thread, then thaw it out on June 1st.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I think what happens with Mooy this month depends on other business we do.... we obviously only have so much money in the pot for Jan.

If we have a quiet window I could well see us making it perm later in the month. If we have to make other signings it might be one that waits until the summer.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think what happens with Mooy this month depends on other business we do.... we obviously only have so much money in the pot for Jan.

If we have a quiet window I could well see us making it perm later in the month. If we have to make other signings it might be one that waits until the summer.

There is stuff on the BBC about Hudders needing money for the transfer window. This could happen quite fast and we’re the only option in January!

Fingers crossed.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If we stay up, we will sign him in the summer.

I agree.

I think the contract says something along the lines of, "If Hudds don't go up and Brighton stay up, then Brighton get a week (ish) at the start of June the option to purchase at £12 (ish) million. If Brighton choose not to exercise this option with the week, then he returns to Huddersfield, (or more likely is sold on somewhere else). Brighton agree to pay Hudds £3m (ish) for the year loan and the option to purchase, but if Brighton discloses the details of the arrangement then the option is revoked"

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Mooy unlikely to be fit for Everton ...

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I agree.

I think the contract says something along the lines of, "If Hudds don't go up and Brighton stay up, then Brighton get a week (ish) at the start of June the option to purchase at £12 (ish) million. If Brighton choose not to exercise this option with the week, then he returns to Huddersfield, (or more likely is sold on somewhere else). Brighton agree to pay Hudds £3m (ish) for the year loan and the option to purchase, but if Brighton discloses the details of the arrangement then the option is revoked"

Does that mean you have screwed the deal for the Albion then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here