Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - Premier League 2 Player of the Season

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He dives like Zaha but doesn't play as well as Zaha does the 50% of the time he's not on the floor. Time to start bigging up Edinburgh to him.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Dont want to make Aaron a scapegoat in the team but its clear the Prem is currently too much for him. He needs a season in the Championship to gain some confidence and learn his craft.

The Prem looked a bit much for all of them today.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
He's still young and seeing as we wouldnt get much of a fee there's no point shipping him out completely. Loan to a Champ side, and see if he can come back better the season after.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hopefully the club will have learned from the season Connolly has had not to throw them in too early. The Hibs tie-up would have been perfect for Connolly and I hope we do not make the same mistake with Moran, Emmerson, Ferguson.

USG / Hibs then back to us is the way forward.

D

Deleted member 2719

Does that mean he can't close down or make his touch extremely poor?

I have always backed him and expected him to burst through, I was very let down by his lack of hunger for football today.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Does that mean he can't close down or make his touch extremely poor?

I have always backed him and expected him to burst through, I was very let down by his lack of hunger for football today.

It means he is 21 and likely to improve. Most players have had a poor season or two when they were young. It is very normal.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Hopefully the club will have learned from the season Connolly has had not to throw them in too early. The Hibs tie-up would have been perfect for Connolly and I hope we do not make the same mistake with Moran, Emmerson, Ferguson.

USG / Hibs then back to us is the way forward.

I agree.
Connolly seems have 'peaked early' and might well benefit from going out somewhere; he needs playing time to improve his game and restore his confidence.
But not with us next season; he needs a change.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I agree.
Connolly seems have 'peaked early' and might well benefit from going out somewhere; he needs playing time to improve his game and restore his confidence.
But not with us next season; he needs a change.

He also needs to take a step back from himself and realise that maybe just maybe he is not as good as he thinks.

D

Deleted member 2719

It means he is 21 and likely to improve. Most players have had a poor season or two when they were young. It is very normal.

I am judging him purely on the lack of desire and mobility on what I saw today (last 30 mins) He really didn't show signs of saying "give me a place guv".

If I had seen that passion today I would have been on the fence, he tipped me over the wrong side today.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
There's no doubt in my mind he'll be loaned out next season, hopefully to a Championship club. He has decent movement and pace but needs to cut out the embarrassing diving from his game & toughen up. Also needs to regain some confidence as there's been no conviction in his finishing for a fair while, haven't written him off completely though.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As many have said, I think he needs a season loan next term. He needs consistent game time to hone his skills.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here