Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Shard. All glass. No class.

Shard_London_Bridge_May_2012.JPG

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
i actually like that - its eerie, and always took a look when i used to drive past it every day
could imagine some horror flicks taking part in there

Some people wanted Albion's new stadium to be built there (shudder)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I got out in 1981, I saw on the Beavers Cafe thread last week that you also went to Coombe Rd School.

Horrible place, I hated every day at Fawcett. One of the teachers told us that it had been modelled on a school in California with the open walkways and courtyards. I can only imagine whoever commissioned it was on some strong drugs because it was bitterly cold in the winter, used to get frozen going for a smoke round the back of the woodwork room

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Horsham. Attractive, characterful West Sussex market town.

7c9367984d434596b6d2b24699aec802.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Controversial, perhaps. But I've always hated this building:

2e1ccdbe4c9ed26fb3f90e20b42a2267.jpg

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I can see where you're coming from. As a kid it used to give me the creeps whenever I walked past it, think that has now turned into an irrational dislike.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can see where you're coming from. As a kid it used to give me the creeps whenever I walked past it, think that has now turned into an irrational dislike.

I was always told as a kid that it was built to the dimensions of Noah's Ark.

At least, the ones the Bible claims to be the case...

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
How have we got this far without the delights of Teville Gate not being mentioned?!?!

image.jpg

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the first thing you see when arriving into Sunny Worthing by train!!!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
That's a bit of a con though - those houses came from separate streets and were physically moved into one street when Coventry was rebuilt after the way. They're nice houses but it does have a theme park feel to the place.

Coventry does have the outstanding cathedral though - possibly my favourite post-war building in England

Graduated in said cathedral, however lived in the halls of residence directly opposite. A Building that even a soviet architect would have been ashamed off, for being to brutal!
Is the donut still there?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ha! I've never actually been inside, but the image I have in my head is that it's horribly desolate and decaying.

Oh, it's not: quite the reverse actually, it's very well kept and rather welcoming. It's the highest of high Anglican churches, though: any higher and they'd be shouting for the Pope

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Apologies for my ignorance, but where actually is this, as it looks like a used to be picturesque spot I used to go fishing in my youth.

It's next to the Ouse and the Railway line, Just North of the industrial estate in Newhaven, it's not as far as Piddinghoe but the residents of that village also have it as a view.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
98130827c3b0a2285ae026ae567ad92c.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here