Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Plea To All Of NSC

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Shit, I never realised it was the important TWENTY SECOND anniversary.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The self pitying is laughable. 22nd anniversary, FFS.

I could almost understand a national campaign on an important, say 25th anniversary but this is just typical of scousers. What I particularly resent is the way that half of the campaign is an effort to aid the victims which is very honourable, but the other half is no more than a bitter campaign aimed at slashing sales of the Sun. I don't like The Sun either but would rather a charity set up to support victims of a tragedy was not politicised in this way.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Just watched the whole thing again, it's brilliant, another genuine LOL :lolol::lolol:

Not sure if I'm over analysing but the first few seconds of this are cracking. The over dramatisation of his story, looking like he's trying not to cry, the obligatory "I stood on the Kop". "Da media coverage was jusht shikening" :lolol:

Interesting that he just happened to put this song on his new album, and his mate just happened to like the song and put on on some Liverpool FC forums, which just happened to have a link to his record label available for a fiver. Cynical some would say ???

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I remember the day so clearly, I was in the bookies down the bottom of Boundary Rd, and watched it unfold on their screens. It was a horrible day for all football supporters. Having said that,I have taken my kids up to Anfield and paid our respects. We donated at the memorial next to the Shankley gates. I think that although we should never ever forget, the time has come to look forward rather than back. I hope this hasn't caused offence, as its not what I intended.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Terrible day and I'd happily chuck 59p their way as a fellow football fan. After all, what is 59p REALLY? Two thirds of a Mars Bar. Yes, it was a long time ago, but there isn't a rule book on grief and if the Liverpool fans and, more importantly the families of the dead, still want to push for what they see as justice, who is anyone on here to say they shouldn't.

That said, the song is proper shit.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
"And I for one won't let, let myself forget, I don't buy the Sun" :lolol: Comedy genius on a level with David Brent

All it's missing is someone doing a Gareth style backing vocal after "I don't but the Sun" and it would possibly be better than Freelove Freeway.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
I do feel for the families that have suffered as a result, but the whole thing happened due to the scousers riotting and trying to break in without a ticket. The people paying for this should be the scousers that caused it. Typical thing to do though, riot, slag the police off and misbehave then blame them for not controlling the scumbags! Its a disaster that should be remembered, but not shoved down the publics throat as anti-police propaganda. Run a memorial for it yearly and give the proceeds to the effected families, but do f*** off with the justice campaign.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Genuine question Aldo, what needs to happen for everyone involved with JFT96 etc to say "ok, our work is done here" and feel that justice has been done?

A full retraction and apology from The Sun?

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Justice isn't all about The S*n, it's about files and records that were hidden from the courts being released, files and facts that protected the authorities and their actions, and most importantly any records past the '3.15 cut off point' that have never been able to be reviewed in court. And for those saying the campaign is going no where, over the past year a team has been assigned to re investigate the cases, with these hidden files been open to review.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What is all this designed to achieve?

I don't mean in the sense of just "justice", I mean what actual defined thing is it hoped will come from this?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think Boris summed up scousers very well.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Justice isn't all about The S*n, it's about files and records that were hidden from the courts being released, files and facts that protected the authorities and their actions, and most importantly any records past the '3.15 cut off point' that have never been able to be reviewed in court. And for those saying the campaign is going no where, over the past year a team has been assigned to re investigate the cases, with these hidden files been open to review.

In the docu-drama shown on TV which was based on real events I was appalled by the police commander telling his officers to hand over their notebooks so they could write out new reports.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
In the docu-drama shown on TV which was based on real events I was appalled by the police commander telling his officers to hand over their notebooks so they could write out new reports.

Written by the Scouse people's hero Jimmy McGovern!! "I'm an extremist on Hillsborough and even I wouldn't charge the South Yorkshire Police with murder." With statements like that, I suggest his version of events can be considered in no way unbiased.

Cant wait to see his next film -Heysel -and all those nasty Belgium police forcing the Italians against that wall, with the cheeky Scousers trying to help their fellow football fans!!

Oops, sorry. We dont talk about Heysel, do we!

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
just to play devils advocate here should the McCanns stop looking for there daughter??? should the Conlons have stopped fighting for justice after being in prison for 20 years for a crime they didnt commit??? the people mocking the fact its been 22 years is quite pathetic those families have a lifetime of not knowing why there loved ones didnt come home from a game of football so who cares weather its 22 years or 30 years they still have to fight for the answers they need as much as the McCanns will never stop looking for there daughter

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what justice? what is not known? who has not been acountable? i thought it had all been settled???

really, time to put it to rest because it starts to make it look like a fiddle. the memory of the tradgedy becomes shaded by all this money raising and talk of justice.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
just to play devils advocate here should the McCanns stop looking for there daughter??? should the Conlons have stopped fighting for justice after being in prison for 20 years for a crime they didnt commit??? the people mocking the fact its been 22 years is quite pathetic those families have a lifetime of not knowing why there loved ones didnt come home from a game of football so who cares weather its 22 years or 30 years they still have to fight for the answers they need as much as the McCanns will never stop looking for there daughter

Absolute twaddle! The families of the 96 (and 39-oops, mentioned it again-sorry) know their loved ones are dead and can narrow the blame down to a range of combinations depending on view of inept policing and actions of other fans whereas the McCanns have no idea if their daughter is dead/alive/being abused on a daily basis. Both situations are very, very sad, but in no way comparable.

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
Absolute twaddle! The families of the 96 (and 39-oops, mentioned it again-sorry) know their loved ones are dead and can narrow the blame down to a range of combinations depending on view of inept policing and actions of other fans whereas the McCanns have no idea if their daughter is dead/alive/being abused on a daily basis. Both situations are very, very sad, but in no way comparable.

as situations agreed all THREE are very sad. Hillsborough and the McCanns is only comparable in the fact that both parties dont have answers and that is the point im making it doesnt matter that it has been 22 years they will never give up until they have answers and of course neither will the McCanns

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here