Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A message to Tammy Abraham

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If that’s the case I fear we may have a lot of competition.

Unfortunately clubs who would offer far higher wages.

On a positive angle: we are an attractive footballing team with a good well thought of manager. Players do care about that sort of thing. It’s well documented we need a top finisher and Tammy you’d have to think would look at the chances we missed and fancy himself to get 15+ goals here.

Abraham is only interested in money. There was talk of a loan several years ago, and he demanded a loan fee of £1million for his family. We said no, and he went to Swansea.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is he only interested in money? Or knows his worth? His goal scoring record at the highest level is very decent

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
plus he's shown his greed before when a choice between us , newcastle and swansea. He chose swanse due to a 1m pay off to him.

He's prob fine but strikes me as a dick

I am not sure a player choosing 1 club over another because they pay more money is that revolutionary

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
not revolutionary but fairly important if we are after him.

But not sure it makes him a dick - any more than most of our squad I'd imagine.

Given we shelled out the 3rd most in the league on agent fees (£7.5M) last season we obviously don't mind splashing out to intermediaries if we have to

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
But not sure it makes him a dick - any more than most of our squad I'd imagine.

Given we shelled out the 3rd most in the league on agent fees (£7.5M) last season we obviously don't mind splashing out to intermediaries if we have to

as i said he probably is fine, just suspect he may be one ( which is pretty irrelevant typing from my desk )

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
plus he's shown his greed before when a choice between us , newcastle and swansea. He chose swanse due to a 1m pay off to him.

He's prob fine but strikes me as a dick

The £1m bit irritates me rather than rules it out even if its true? But for me he wants more than we're probably prepared to pay and at north of £30m is there any value there? I can't see us signing a striker unless we can potentially sell him on at a profit is TA that man? Not sure he is.

He's clearly not crap, his record says that, but does he have the potential to get significantly better? To become a £50m -£60m player. Add that to the outlay required and I don't think he meets the profile we'd be looking for.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Abraham is only interested in money. There was talk of a loan several years ago, and he demanded a loan fee of £1million for his family. We said no, and he went to Swansea.

Yep. I’m aware of that story. Though I don’t think it means he’s necessarily “only interested in money”.

And to be fair, if I were involved with recruitment and got sign off from the club, I would pay that if he’s asking for similar now. Elite players are paid signing on fees anyway. I’d make a case for agreeing to pay something similar if it helped us land a striker of Tammy Abrahams caliber.

All pie in the sky though as I fear a West Ham or Everton would simply offer him mouth watering wages that we couldn’t begin to compete with.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I am not sure a player choosing 1 club over another because they pay more money is that revolutionary

Correct. Is it really so different to many people making a choice of a job move?

And not to mention all the various agent fees we undoubtedly have to pay to land various players anyway.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Correct. Is it really so different to many people making a choice of a job move?

And not to mention all the various agent fees we undoubtedly have to pay to land various players anyway.

You want to change jobs so you go to two interviews. One says we can pay you this salary, the second one matches it.

Do you say, I'll accept the job from the firm who pays my parents a big wedge?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Not doubting you but if you can find a link to that I’d be fascinated - sounds a little far fetched and don’t remember it - was it from a Twitter account or something or from a good / better source like the Argus?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I remember it at the time - went to Swansea instead i think

Remember him going to Swansea over us but surely he didn’t demand a mil (for his family?!???) just seems bizarre. Didn’t think loan players could demand signing on fees and why he’d say ‘for my family’ is just pure odd - sounds very much like tabloid nonsense to me. Either way, he’s just out of our league and will go to a slightly bigger club like WHam or Villa I’m afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here