Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A long season for Luton?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm playing devil's advocate here but ....

It's quite an interesting one as João Pedro is,or was the literal definition of a paedo. As he dated a 15 year old (allegedly)

Is it a criminal offence to chant this at him?
It should be, just as the chants aimed at Dunk by Palace should be illegal. Neither has been convicted of anything.

I’m sure you don’t need to google multiple instances of newspapers being wrong (with an agenda).

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It should be, just as the chants aimed at Dunk by Palace should be illegal. Neither has been convicted of anything.

I’m sure you don’t need to google multiple instances of newspapers being wrong (with an agenda).
He hasn't been convincted of anything because paedophilia is legal in brazil! His 15 year old bird had to be sent back pretty quickly before anything escalated.

Does feel a bit wrong

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
He hasn't been convincted of anything because paedophilia is legal in brazil! His 15 year old bird had to be sent back pretty quickly before anything escalated.

Does feel a bit wrong
Let’s hope you never get Jury Service

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Let’s hope you never get Jury Service
Indeed. Little Englander mentality imposing our age of consent and subsequent values on other countries. I wonder if he voted Brexit for this reason?

The European countries where the age of consent is 14 include Germany, Italy, Portugal, Hungary, Austria, Serbia, Albania, Bulgaria, Estonia, and Montenegro.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Would you feel comfortable with an 18 year old man dating your 15 year old daughter ? I remember being in school and this kind of thing happened. But these days it's just not really on.
That wasn’t my point.

But my parents had three years between them and had me in their early 20s / late teens. So I’m probably more worried about smelly 50 year olds with no social life grooming 10 year olds

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Indeed. Little Englander mentality imposing our age of consent and subsequent values on other countries. I wonder if he voted Brexit for this reason?

The European countries where the age of consent is 14 include Germany, Italy, Portugal, Hungary, Austria, Serbia, Albania, Bulgaria, Estonia, and Montenegro.
Meh I don't believe in Brexit and I'm not small minded !! Genuinely shocked the age of consent is 14 in Germany , Italy and Portugal. A woman's body or mind is nowhere near fully formed at that age.

Anyway probably not the place to debate this as the snowflakes will get upset.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
From what I saw on Saturday, they could be beating Derby‘s record for lowest points 9im sure they’ll scrape a 1-0 win somewhere). We didn’t play brilliant and could/should have scored 6 or 7. Once that League 1 defence meets Man City or Liverpool could we see a new league record score in a match?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Meh I don't believe in Brexit and I'm not small minded !! Genuinely shocked the age of consent is 14 in Germany , Italy and Portugal. A woman's body or mind is nowhere near fully formed at that age.

Ha - I was mucking about!

I was really astonished to find Germany had that law too but if you are 18 and over and touch a 14 year old, it’s a different story apparently.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Problem here is why many are celebrating little Luton's rise from the bottom, they forget what a horrible fanbase they had going back to the 70's and 80's.
Wasn't it trouble at a Luton match that prompted Thatcher to get involved and say that something has to be about football violence?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

And at 16 it is?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Yeah, I’m shocked by that information about European countries and I agree with your comment in bold. It’s exploitation and abuse of power.
It isn’t a suitable subject for chanting at football though and the scum that do it should face arrest.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Wasn't it trouble at a Luton match that prompted Thatcher to get involved and say that something has to be about football violence?
That wasn’t really Luton fans though. A mate of mine was at the match in the Millwall end and told me the away end was massively over crowded. They actually initially went on the pitch (including my mate who is a Palace fan and was with his Millwall supporting Dad) to escape the crush but then started attacking the police. Luton’s reputation is being vastly over played on here. They had a small element just like every club in those days but it rated extremely low in terms of awayday risk.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would seem we'll all know for sure by the end of September.
Their fixtures for that month are West Ham, Wolves, Fulham & Everton.

If they don't hold their own through that, ignore everything I said (as usual).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm playing devil's advocate here but ....

It's quite an interesting one as João Pedro is,or was the literal definition of a paedo. As he dated a 15 year old (allegedly)

Is it a criminal offence to chant this at him?
That's a bit of an assumption. Firstly, it is not alleged that he is dating Maia and that in itself is not illegal. However you are alleging they had sex with each other when she visited the UK which would be illegal. A quick google and the age of consent in Brazil is 14!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here