Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A long season for Luton?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It’s always foolish to predict things on either just one game or before the window shuts.

Nevertheless, Luton don’t seem to have a single Premier League quality player.

Will the passion of the fans and manager see them through? For me, their fans need to enjoy this season for the days out.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It’s always foolish to predict things on either just one game or before the window shuts.

Nevertheless, Luton don’t seem to have a single Premier League quality player.

Will the passion of the fans and manager see them through? For me, their fans need to enjoy this season for the days out.
No.

Poor, poor team. We should have scored more, and I think that a Liverpool or City, will hit 10 against them.

That said the PL looks weak this year, so if they can play well at home, they may scrape a few wins.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
They look too ropey in defence, we tore them apart while not at our best, they’re going to get slaughtered over and over again

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Felt like playing a cup tie against a much lower league side at times. Heard their fans on the way back saying how much they are going to struggle against all the big teams if this performance was anything to go by.
The bottom end of the table as it stands today looks pretty likely for the end of the season too.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Enjoy their season in the Prem. Put to bed by a very sub par Albion.

Don’t want to sound like a twat as any other season I’d be rejoicing in that victory but we were miles off it and put them to be without getting out of first gear.

Fans were top class though. They will get a lot of laughs out of champions of the conference you’ll never sing that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Irrespective of the result and they clearly lacked the skill that we had, they were still in the game in the first half and looked more up for it than Bournemouth, Fulham or Forest at The Amex last year.
Bournemouth were loads better last season. Kept catching us on the break and far more positive than the other two teams you mention!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Im not going to be completely down on them.

They're organised, big, quick to attack.
They'll not be playing Teams Like Brighton, every week.

They did seem naive in the challenge and leggy at the end.
I'm not saying they will definitely stay up, but they give it a better go than many would have you believe.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Luton and blades plus one this year. Surely.
Plus Wolverhampton, you would still get odds against on that trio??

Ab absolute banker in my books, I've put 3 monkeys on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here