[Football] A long season for Luton?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Im not going to be completely down on them.

They're organised, big, quick to attack.
They'll not be playing Teams Like Brighton, every week.

They did seem naive in the challenge and leggy at the end.
I'm not saying they will definitely stay up, but they give it a better go than many would have you believe.
Agree with this. First day nerves and all as well. Thought Carlton Morris was a real handful and he’ll cause problems for weaker defences than ours.

If they can sort their defence out they will be hard to beat at home. Lots of crap teams in the bottom half and they’ve only got to do enough to finish higher than three sides.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I can get them not being as skilled but they seemed to lose too many tackles that should be there’s to win. they could do worse than Derby

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
It’s always foolish to predict things on either just one game or before the window shuts.

Nevertheless, Luton don’t seem to have a single Premier League quality player.

Will the passion of the fans and manager see them through? For me, their fans need to enjoy this season for the days out.
Not so sure how you come to that conclusion. They threatened us from every set piece they had into the box.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
They were pretty woeful

Why were they trying to attack us? They should have sat back a lot more.

Most embarrassing tactics was when we had goal kicks and they pushed 3 up to try and break up play between Steele and the defenders. with 2 players pushed further forward behind. It was attrocious, we just walked through it and nearly scored.

So naive.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
They were pretty woeful

Most embarrassing tactics was when we had goal kicks and they pushed 3 up to try and break up play between Steele and the defenders. with 2 players pushed further forward behind. It was attrocious, we just walked through it and nearly scored.

So naive.
Also loved their non-league kick-off routine which worked really well 🫠 With the fans going through the repertoire of shit Football League 'songs' as well, it really was like a cup tie against a League One side.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Tactically nieve to be as forward thinking against us today, but fair play to them for being brave and backing themselves. I think they’ll do better against some mid-table sides and whilst in the mix at the bottom, not be cut adrift like a lot seem to think.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Tactically nieve to be as forward thinking against us today, but fair play to them for being brave and backing themselves. I think they’ll do better against some mid-table sides and whilst in the mix at the bottom, not be cut adrift like a lot seem to think.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not so sure how you come to that conclusion. They threatened us from every set piece they had into the box.
Every set piece in any game can be threatening. You just need someone who can cross with pace and a couple of big guys. Non league teams have that.

The fact is they didn’t score from their set pieces which we defended easily. They don’t have a single player good enough at this level. That’s how I came to the conclusion.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
They were pretty woeful

So naive.
Also loved their non-league kick-off routine which worked really well 🫠 With the fans going through the repertoire of shit Football League 'songs' as well, it really was like a cup tie against a League One side.
Yes, these nail it. As unsophisticated as the town they represent

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Watched on TV and yes they looked shit and competitive but missed at least three very good chances to score before we got a two goal lead. Their set pieces gave us problems which with more composed finishing might well have changed the game. I was very pleased we came away with a decent victory but I wasn’t comfortable until we scored our third.

A game we could quite easily have drawn last season, with our long running record against perceived relegation struggles so shouldn’t moan. Forest springs to mind.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
They’re a horrible bunch. Probably not quite as bad as Millwall but certainly in that ball-park.
Group of them got on our bus into town after the train debacle singing “Pedro is a paedo”. Embarrassing really.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Im not going to be completely down on them.

They're organised, big, quick to attack.
They'll not be playing Teams Like Brighton, every week.

They did seem naive in the challenge and leggy at the end.
I'm not saying they will definitely stay up, but they give it a better go than many would have you believe.
I agree with all of that. They're not the worst team we'll see at the Amex this season, and on yesterday's evidence they won't be the whipping boys of the division either

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Yeah, we weren't great, won 4-1 and I thought the scoreline flattered them.

They worked hard, were organized and good at what they did but what they did was very limited. Based purely off that one game they're in for a long old season.
That sums it up for me.
I did read somewhere that if they do one season in the Premier League without spending too much, they would be able to afford to build a new stadium…..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports