Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9 Games Left - Loan Striker?

biddles911

May 12, 2014
I guess back-up wouldn't hurt, but to be honest CH appears to have several variables. In recent games we have played BZ & TH, JW & SB, TH & SB, JS & BZ - granted if we had two injuries to any of those it would limit our options, but how far down the pecking order do you cover, just in case?
Where dO you find someone who is available, prepared to play second, third or even fourth choice, but wil be capable of stepping up when required,
Glen Murray who appears to be everyone's choice, has played 5 minutes of league football in the last two months, not really match ready is he. Difficult to find someone at this late stage who will actually help...

The fact that we're talking about four strikers, all of whom are capable of scoring (some) goals, albeit none of them prolific, suggests that we have enough strength in depth to manage.

The bottom line, surely, is that it's. too late in the day to being someone in and just hope they hit the ground running. There's just no margin for error and the probability is that we'd disturb a winning team who are in much better current form than our rivals (Burnley excepted).

Let's face it, virtually all of our games this season have only been won by the odd goal and the stats suggest that it's our defence that is more of a problem, which we seem to have sorted out, give or take the odd howler from Dunk.

If we're going to bring in anyone what about some backup for Kayal!? I'd be far more worried about losing him for a few games than one of our strikers....

P.s. Don't have any suggestions re Kayal but it's a thought!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
J

except we are in the top 2. So self evidently it is.

Nonsense. As I said earlier, if we had an Andre G or Ross M or, dare I say it, Jordan R, we 'would' probably be smashing this league... instead, we are in a dogfight for 2nd (not that I'm moaning about that BTW). All I'm (and others) are saying is we are in with a really good shout for promo, and we should maximise our chances of achieving our aim by signing a recognised striker at our level, even at this late stage.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The fact that we're talking about four strikers, all of whom are capable of scoring (some) goals, albeit none of them prolific, suggests that we have enough strength in depth to manage.

The bottom line, surely, is that it's. too late in the day to being someone in and just hope they hit the ground running. There's just no margin for error and the probability is that we'd disturb a winning team who are in much better current form than our rivals (Burnley excepted).

Let's face it, virtually all of our games this season have only been won by the odd goal and the stats suggest that it's our defence that is more of a problem, which we seem to have sorted out, give or take the odd howler from Dunk.

If we're going to bring in anyone what about some backup for Kayal!? I'd be far more worried about losing him for a few games than one of our strikers....

P.s. Don't have any suggestions re Kayal but it's a thought!

We have plenty of backup for Kayal... although he IS our best player IMHO, and we will miss him if he doesn't play...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are in the best position we have been and probably will be to gain promotion now so it makes sense to speculate to accumulate. I know thats an old overused saying when not spending your own money but somebody elses but I am sure TB will see the sense in it and act accordingly if CH wants him.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
surely if GM has to decide between us and Sheff Weds :lol: it will be an easy choice for him and a good one for us?

if he is having to think about it that hard ....................he can stay where he is

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We are in the best position we have been and probably will be to gain promotion now so it makes sense to speculate to accumulate. I know thats an old overused saying when not spending your own money but somebody elses but I am sure TB will see the sense in it and act accordingly if CH wants him.
I almost agree, but even if we brought in someone better than GM, there'd still be a good chance we miss promotion, and failing FFP could be a disaster. We've got this close within the rules, I wouldn't want us to break them unless it virtually guaranteed promotion. GM isn't as good as Jordan Rhodes, and he's not getting 'boro promoted yet.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I almost agree, but even if we brought in someone better than GM, there'd still be a good chance we miss promotion, and failing FFP could be a disaster. We've got this close within the rules, I wouldn't want us to break them unless it virtually guaranteed promotion. GM isn't as good as Jordan Rhodes, and he's not getting 'boro promoted yet.

You think Jordan Rhodes is better than Glenn Murray?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think that bringing in a loan striker at this stage risks upsetting team spirit if he walks straight into the starting 11 or even just the matchday squad.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Its going to be interesting to look back at this thread in 9 (or 11/12) games time
Only if we've been promoted. If we haven't, we can forget these stupid threads and turn our attention to the transfer window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here