Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9 Games Left - Loan Striker?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
if you notice I did not suggest Baldock and Wilson as the pairing going forward
Are you suggesting they play in defence?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The argument continues but the most important factor, one way or the other, is that if one, or worse, two of our strikers become injured we are in the doo doo !

Also BZ, it is acknowledged is not up for 90 minutes so figure it out.
I'm sure we've learnt from losing our reserve left back in the first game after a transfer window had just shut.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Have we that is the question? That is going to come back and haunt us I fear.

I'm not confident we have TBH.. and the dullards on here seem to think it is OK to wing it, which isn't great IMHO...

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Baldock hamstring injury I think? If it's a bad one, wonder if CH will get a loan in........

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just to reiterate my opinion on this subject: No, no, no, no, no. The team spirit we have right now is too good to risk bringing in a disinterested, highly paid loan player for 8 games, injuries notwithstanding.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whys the left back issue going to come back and haunt us BG. We seem to be getting on ok

We are doing really well and could make the automatic place but we cant get back the points we lost as a result of that issue. Had we sorted it as soon as Bong was injured we would probably be now still top by some number of points with promotion virtually guaranteed.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just to reiterate my opinion on this subject: No, no, no, no, no. The team spirit we have right now is too good to risk bringing in a disinterested, highly paid loan player for 8 games, injuries notwithstanding.

So, if there is an injury, be that Bobby, Sam B, Tomer H or James W, then you would welcome a loan signing, is that right? Because there is a clear chance that at least 1 of them might get injured (I very much hope not).

The financial upside of reaching the Prem is enormous (minimum £100M+), the downside is a packet of crisps and a curly-wurly in comparison, and how do you know any loan signing will be 'disinterested'?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We are doing really well and could make the automatic place but we cant get back the points we lost as a result of that issue. Had we sorted it as soon as Bong was injured we would probably be now still top by some number of points with promotion virtually guaranteed.

I have to agree BG, but the dullards still don't get it, it seems...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With a gain of £100m to £178m at stake for promotion it is a no brainer. If CH thinks we may need and wants a striker to help achieve this to cover inures etc then there is only 1 answer between now and Thursday. Bring him in whoever it is.

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
It's all about numbers and options for me. Do we have enough options ... Yes. Could we do with another body to cover possible injuries / suspensions ... Possibly

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We did sort the problem as soon as Bong got injured: Liam Rosenior. We wouldn't have got a LB better than him on loan. It was just mega unlucky that he got a 12 week injury days after the window closed.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We need to cover BZ Wilson Hemed and Baldock against injuries especially with BZ currently injured and Baldock going off as a precaution. To me it is a most obvious move.
We have 4 strikers (plus Murphy and Skalak) fighting for 2 positions; the cover is already there. It would only be worth bringing someone in if they're better than what we have and walk into the starting 11, and that would risk upsetting what is an obviously great team spirit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here