Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

86.7% season ticket renewals...

el punal

That will disappoint a lot of the sad old whingers on here who actually seem to be happier when things are bad for us.
Absolutely! You'll know when the team are doing well, it's when all the moaning and groaning turns to how bad the pies are, how crap the beer is, why can't they sort out the park and ride, the trains are a joke and I'm not renewing my season my season ticket because a seagull crapped on my head, etc. . . etc. . . . :yawn:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
There is a natural non renewal rate which is around 10% who are replaced (that is the same for every club. Therefore real reduction is only 3% and after the summer, then the Albion will have more sales and likely the similar level to this season. What a support that cant be matched by many in the country.

I hope you are correct, but I somehow doubt that and there could be many like myself, on DD who are waiting to see summer signings and if it is poor again will cut my losses and cancel my ST.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The 13% drop is among non-1901 STH.

If you include the 1901 members, the drop is under 10%. Of course, the 1901 members haven't 'renewed'; the test of that comes at the end of next season when the five-year deal is up.

So, using the back of a fag packet for calculations, we had about 23,000 STH, of which about 3,200 are 1901 Members. So of the remaining 19,800, we've lost around 2,600 making about 17,200 non-1901 STHs. Adding in the 3,200 1901 members, we have roughly 20,400 STH.

Not bad.

Feb 14, 2010
I hope you are correct, but I somehow doubt that and there could be many like myself, on DD who are waiting to see summer signings and if it is poor again will cut my losses and cancel my ST.

Name another club with this level of support outside the top flight. Just think, palace had 12000 in total, including away fans for a well supported Cardiff at home in the Championship. Puts the Albion 20,000 season tickets alone into context doesnt it. Imagine if we had a half decent top flight side.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Whoever thought up the direct debit method should have a medal as it would have been a lot easier for people to cancel if they had to stump up the lot or in 3 parts like what used to happen.

Think this is spot on. 5/6 of us who paid in full since the Amex opened its doors have not renewed. I may get an ST nearer the time depending if I spend out on golf membership.

el punal

Let's not forget, giving up a season ticket does not mean giving up your support. Of those 13% I imagine quite a number will still attend games on a semi regular basis.

A couple of friends have given up their season tickets but ONLY because they could only attend about a third of the home matches due to work commitments, and nothing to do with our performances this season. So still loyal and will still watch the Albion when they can.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Name another club with this level of support outside the top flight. Just think, palace had 12000 in total, including away fans for a well supported Cardiff at home in the Championship. Puts the Albion 20,000 season tickets alone into context doesnt it. Imagine if we had a half decent top flight side.

Why do you feel the need to compare our sales all the time with others?
Do other clubs getting less STH's pay some of our losses. And don't forget many other clubs have a pay on the day system, that helps keep gates up with those who decide to go on the day. Something I miss from the Goldstone and Prestfield days.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Spin and more spin. We are losing bums on seats primarily because of the sh1t that has been served up on the pitch this season. Unless the club invest in a significant improvement in the playing squad in the summer, then the real number of bums on seats will drop off alarmingly. How anyone on here can think a 13% drop is in some way good is beyond me. The club ****ed up big time with THEIR proudly announced managerial appointment, then retained the Finish clown for far too long, along with that ****-up of a Recruitment Manager, aptly-named Burke. Yes, they've taken significant steps to address THEIR ****-ups, but if they don't get it right this summer, especially keeping in mind the 1901 club 5-year debenture-holders, then expect a mass 1901/STH exodus next summer.

Take that Barber and the club ar$e-lickers.

Feb 14, 2010
Do other clubs getting less STH's pay some of our losses. And don't forget many other clubs have a pay on the day system, that helps keep gates up with those who decide to go on the day. Something I miss from the Goldstone and Prestfield days.

Because other clubs are succeeding with less. I want the club t start to want to win and start to mine the potential. The record since 1910 has been shocking sh!te. Clubs like Wigan, Wimbledon, Palace all have achieved more. That is not acceptable. Football is a about competition, which is by nature an exercise in comparison.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
We have a pay on the day system don't we? Isn't there a van at Brighton station and the ability to pay over the internet upto an hour before kick off.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
You can make figures do many things, that could also be described as a 13% drop.

Have a look at other clubs attendances...Even the big clubs. Some are currently having 14 to 16k attendances, well tickets sold. Is it not amazing little old Brighton will not record an attendance under 19k next year and will probably have an average of around 23k . After the dross of football served up that is simply amazing.

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011

Is it possible to cancel a DD? Thought it was a contract to pay in full via monthly DD?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Because other clubs are succeeding with less. I want the club t start to want to win and start to mine the potential. The record since 1910 has been shocking sh!te. Clubs like Wigan, Wimbledon, Palace all have achieved more. That is not acceptable. Football is a about competition, which is by nature an exercise in comparison.

Yep football on the pitch is about competition/comparison but bums on seats win 0 points.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Its because none of us have anything better to do on a saturday!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Have a look at other clubs attendances...Even the big clubs. Some are currently having 14 to 16k attendances, well tickets sold. Is it not amazing little old Brighton will not record an attendance under 19k next year and will probably have an average of around 23k . After the dross of football served up that is simply amazing.

BUT, we could be doing so much better so, no, it is not 'amazing'.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

We've had pay on the day for a long time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here