Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

86.7% season ticket renewals...

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
A 13% decline in purely hard-nosed Business terms is scary. On a spreadsheet,and in a time of moderate uplift in GDP, it suggests almost terminal decline.
Supporters are inclined to paint a rosy picture, but trust me, there will be more 'sh^t on the porcelain incidents' in the administrative centre than is commonly realised.
Please miss! I'm confused, miss. I thought there were problems with the forum's standards because someone got around the swear filter. And now someone has got around the swear filter. Is it a cat's fault miss?

Wow the spinners are really out in force - this decline in season ticket numbers is good news? :)

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I think there's a perception of some older fans that people who started going in the amex era will be fickle or plastic. I reckon there'll be a lot of people who've found a team to support and will continue to support through thick and thin.

I also think the possibility that next season we could be pushing for a play-off position helps. The Withdean years it was always about being champions of the bottom four positions (when we were in this division). Every season now we believe there is a possibility that we can make the play-offs.

We have had an awful season, and hopefully it finishes today (or I believe its out of our hands) but next season is about what we do in the summer and how the team gels and believes in each other. That means we might of had a bad season but next season might just be good.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
That will disappoint a lot of the sad old whingers on here who actually seem to be happier when things are bad for us.

As you're not going to SeaWorld or Animal Kingdom we'll all sleep fine in our beds, season ticket renewals notwithstanding.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
But that sort of stacks up doesn't it? Just because i stick to my guns it might be tiresome but is it wrong?

I like to think i put an unpopular viewpoint in a considered and thoughtful way and i'm never rude.

All your 'unpopular viewpoints' tend to be anything that you may consider the most controversial things you can think of, (pretty much all invented by you) looking for people to bite and seem intent on causing resentment towards the club that you claim to support.

Its extremely dull and sad that someone seeks to find a way of moaning about pretty much anything the club does or has done for the fans and to try to undermine all the clubs efforts at every opportunity.

Just because i stick to my guns it might be tiresome but is it wrong?

I like to think i put an unpopular viewpoint in a considered and thoughtful way and i'm never rude.

It doesn't matter if it's done in a rude way or not, often your posts have no actual basis in fact and are just pure, potentially club damaging speculation and even when you are shown to be wrong, you just carry on with your original view or you switch to a new negative subject which is again based on utter rubbish, and once again, your just looking for a reaction. You never provide any source or proof to back up your view

It seems that you have no real affinity towards the Albion any more but you just want to be the centre of attention on here and the only way you can get that is to constantly criticise everything they do because you know people will respond. , Sadly some people will read that sort of nonsense on here, and start to believe it, and it spreads and something thats not true suddenly becomes a big issue and discourages others from going or gives them a negative mindset going to watch the next game (and therefore less likely to get behind the players / team during the match and more likely to be wound up by tiny, trivial things) without realising it was done as a trolling, attention seeking exercise based on wild speculation with no basis in fact.

I just don't get why someone who would claim to want to watch and support the Albion would spend so much time trying to discourage others from going!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
13% drop. That's unlucky.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
This is so true. Many a time this season I've been sat in my seat, bored to tears with the dross we're playing, thinking to myself what the hell am I doing here. Then renewal time comes around and I don't even think about not renewing.

Same here. I some times feel I have got some strange illness. But I think of the club like a family, some times they p!sss me off royally, but there's no way in this world I would be without them.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wow the spinners are really out in force - this decline in season ticket numbers is good news? :)
Well it's hardly going to go up after the season we've just had is it?

Nearly 19k season ticket holders in the Championship is still bloody good. That's not spin. We should be averaging 20k crowds again.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
The Amex experience is a really good day out. I went with my son in law to be v Rotherham (his team). The journey there and back was good, the pre match drinks were good and taken in comfort (given we were at a football stadium, whilst the game was good too. He recognised we had nothing up front after 15 minutes but there as some exciting play from both teams and he was impressed by our keeper.

We paid a high ticket price but we were East Stand Upper and very central so it was worth it.

We would not have got near this experience at the Goldstone, Gillingham or Withdean.

Teams have good seasons and bad, that is part of football and for a variety of reasons. This year has been disappointing but follows 4 previous seasons of success. The Championship is a tough league to do consistently well in with the lure of the Premiership and the vast sums of money required from those financing to keep competitive. OK we lost players due to the lure of the Premiership but we also lost them due to our former manager going there. I doubt if Buckley and Bridcutt would have gone if Gus had not turned their heads. Barnes is a difficult one but I think it was time for him to move on, certainly for the player, as has been proved.

I would have no problem with a Brighton team doing well in the First Division, it may come a time that this will happen. The problem is that relegation can bring gloom and despondency and a losing habit that is difficult to get out of.

There is money in this part of the world right now. Brighton has become a vibrant city. I am not surprised that there are a good many remaining season ticket holder renewals and also people taking up the experience. Do it for a few years and then move onto something different, life evolves. Football has changed, it is not what is used to be. If our strikers are on say £13k a week it shows that in today's football money cannot buy success. It is not a question of Tony spending even more money. It is a question of the club working at it and getting the right people in post.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I think the numbers are very good. It's a very personal thing having a season ticket. I have renewed but was thinking about not nothing to do with football I have a 4 month old daughter and have not been able to make many games since Xmas. I was thinking it's not impossible to get tickets on a game by game basis and my away attendance will probably be zero next season. However I want to be able to sit with my mates when I can go. The Albion is a big part of my life but not as big as it was. Life changes finances change I am lucky to be able to afford the monthly dd and maybe not attend all the home games. Hopefully staying in this league and a decent summer will restore the faith of the floating fan.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This is so true. Many a time this season I've been sat in my seat, bored to tears with the dross we're playing, thinking to myself what the hell am I doing here. Then renewal time comes around and I don't even think about not renewing.

Same. There's nothing fair weathered about Enjoying a season where we're doing well and winning games and hating it when we're losing etc - I know I feel that way. But ill never stop going purely because of the football. We all love the Albion and can't keep away...

It's the dark times that make the good times so great...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
But that sort of stacks up doesn't it? Just because i stick to my guns it might be tiresome but is it wrong?

True. But you must be disappointed because these figures don't really suit your anti-club agenda. 19,000 season ticket holders, where does that put us compared to other Championship clubs? Very close to the top, I'd imagine.

I wonder what Palace fans make of this, no doubt they'll be claiming it will all fall apart once we hit '5th season syndrome'.

Feb 14, 2010
It's the dark times that make the good times so great...

As a Brighton fan from an Albion family, who can follow this club since pre war, then I know the bad times, lots of lower league football and I know the mildly good times such as promotion to the top flight and a cup final losing appearance / getting relegated the same year, but I dont actually remember any "good times" with a top half top flight side.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Please miss! I'm confused, miss. I thought there were problems with the forum's standards because someone got around the swear filter. And now someone has got around the swear filter. Is it a cat's fault miss?

I can only presume you've had some sort of head-injury, poor fellow - go sit by the window, and feel free to lick it.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
A 13% decline in purely hard-nosed Business terms is scary. On a spreadsheet,and in a time of moderate uplift in GDP, it suggests almost terminal decline.
Supporters are inclined to paint a rosy picture, but trust me, there will be more 'sh^t on the porcelain incidents' in the administrative centre than is commonly realised.

True. But you must be disappointed because these figures don't really suit your anti-club agenda. 19,000 season ticket holders, where does that put us compared to other Championship clubs? Very close to the top, I'd imagine.

I wonder what Palace fans make of this, no doubt they'll be claiming it will all fall apart once we hit '5th season syndrome'.

Why on earth should they be worried about our season tickets, they are financially sound. And a 13% drop in season ticket sales means surely, another greater loss next year, or to balance the books another player sold, or even a poorer class of signings coming to the club (heavens forbid)

Feb 14, 2010
Why on earth should they be worried about our season tickets, they are financially sound. And a 13% drop in season ticket sales means surely, another greater loss next year, or to balance the books another player sold, or even a poorer class of signings coming to the club (heavens forbid)

There is a natural non renewal rate which is around 10% who are replaced (that is the same for every club. Therefore real reduction is only 3% and after the summer, then the Albion will have more sales and likely the similar level to this season. What a support that cant be matched by many in the country.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I can only presume you've had some sort of head-injury, poor fellow - go sit by the window, and feel free to lick it.
Hmm.

Hugh'sDad said:
Is this an acceptable level of "ribaldly, on this forum, as posited by bombardier botty?
Am I alone in finding no Mod intervention remarkable?

"Did a cat fu ck you up the arse when you were a small child or something Hugh'sDad?"

Window licking joke after your thread whining about NSC standards? Classy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here