86.7% season ticket renewals...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agree with you but I was just pointing out that for the size of the support we have, we have not had "good times" since 1910 as defined by the press /most football fans. We have and always have had a great support despite the jokers on the pitch, but yes my best days following the club have nothing to do with the top flight. Lucky really as an Albion fan, but I would like us to one day wake up and start to actually punch above rather than below our weight as a club. A real desire to win trophies and be in the top half of the top flight, just once would be nice. Tired of watching little clubs like Wigan, Wimbledon, now possibly Bournemouth look at their success as we sit twiddling our thumbs in the lower leagues. You are also wrong, in terms of support we are a big prem side, the problem is the team and always has been since 1910.

True. I'm sure it will happen... Although having said that there's plenty in the prem league I won't like and I'm sure any will feel the same!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Wow the spinners are really out in force - this decline in season ticket numbers is good news? :)

Depends on your agenda, doesn't it?

There's a non-trivial moiety of NSC'ers who would swap in a heartbeat a winning season, or closer-to-balanced books, for intangibles.
The thrill of having their keen insights about tesm management concerned, or 'being treated like suppporter, not a customer' or whatever.
Those things are real, I suppose.

The long, inspiring ark from Goldstone to AMEX was for a lot of people their Spitfire Summer.
Backs to the wall, a heartbeat away from extinction, drama, riots, boot-sales, back-to-back promotion.
It was scary, but it was fun. It gave some objectively dire football a justification.
It was a reason to turn out, and shout out.

I understand why people might miss it. But now it's gone.
And going up will make every bit of the transition worse.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
That will disappoint a lot of the sad old whingers on here who actually seem to be happier when things are bad for us.

I think thats what you like to think of the people who do have a moan, which I find very odd.
In fact every person who does whinge on here has a perfect right to, considering the shat that has be dished up this season, and the lies told by Bloom
at the beginning of each and every season.
I would love to see Albion in the Premier League doing well what right minded Albion fan wouldn't ?, fortunately for myself and a fair few others we live on Planet Earth unlike a lot on here who flatly refuse to blame
Bloom for anything.
Tell me , if its NOT Blooms fault we are up cak river without a paddle then exactly who's is it ???
The same speech at the same time near the end of a current season.
We're looking in Europe, we are giving the manager support, at top six finish next season is a must etc etc.
Fed up of the words lets have the actions now and stop pissing Albion fans about who pay good hard earned money to watch Brighton , some for years and years.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So, our season ticket holder base has been decimated?

2013 peak was 23,175 (per the football league and mentioned elsewhere). Comprising 3,000 1901Club + 20,175 others.

2014 figure was 21,500, comprising 3,000 1901Club + 18,500 others.

2015 figure using PB's 13.3% further drop in non-1901Club, gives 3,000 + 16,040 others.

So, 20,175 to 16,040 over two summers, is a fall of 4,135 or over 20%. That's over the loss of income from 4,000 lower season tickets and their associated food/drink/programme/merchandise cash inflow. For TB and PB, that will be causing massive concerns, as marginal income like that is more significant than 20% in meeting player wage/transfer budgets.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So, our season ticket holder base has been decimated?
Basically yes (though thankfully not literally). 87% renewals is pretty good in the light of the terrible season we've had, but it still represents a substantial loss of revenue, which has got to be a concern when the club (or rather TB) is losing £millions every year anyway.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Basically yes (though thankfully not literally). 87% renewals is pretty good in the light of the terrible season we've had, but it still represents a substantial loss of revenue, which has got to be a concern when the club (or rather TB) is losing £millions every year anyway.

Are you Jamie Redknapp? The definition of decimation is a one tenth reduction. We've had around a one tenth reduction (on last season), ergo, it has literally been decimated.

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015

If Barber says there's an 87% this year and it happens every year then surley it'll be an 70% drop over 5 season meaning we have 9k season ticket holders. Thought Barber said last season we've had an 10% drop in season tickets so that 10 and this 13 means we're down by 23% on season ticket sales, hows that good :lolol:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
If Barber says there's an 87% this year and it happens every year then surley it'll be an 70% drop over 5 season meaning we have 9k season ticket holders. Thought Barber said last season we've had an 10% drop in season tickets so that 10 and this 13 means we're down by 23% on season ticket sales, hows that good :lolol:

Good.... It's fantastic news for the park and ride shambles!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are you Jamie Redknapp? The definition of decimation is a one tenth reduction. We've had around a one tenth reduction (on last season), ergo, it has literally been decimated.

Not literally. 'Literally decimated' would mean that one in ten had been killed, destroyed or removed. They're still around (or at least a large majority of them are presumably still alive); they've just decided not to renew. The word decimate is often misused, although according to some sources that usage is close to becoming accepted as standard; it is controversial though, I grant you.
Metaphorically speaking though, yes it has been decimated.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not literally. 'Literally decimated' would mean that one in ten had been killed, destroyed or removed. They're still around (or at least a large majority of them are presumably still alive); they've just decided not to renew. The word decimate is often misused, although according to some sources that usage is close to becoming accepted as standard; it is controversial though, I grant you.
Metaphorically speaking though, yes it has been decimated.

The people who did not renew may have made that choice and thus removed themselves from the STH base, but they were removed, nonetheless. Literally speaking, decimated.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Drop in season tickets means a drop in income.
Paul Barber will be getting concerned with how he is going to meet his bonus target.
Oh yeah, repeat last seasons trick...sell Dunk, target met, bonus payable....

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Drop in season tickets means a drop in income.
Paul Barber will be getting concerned with how he is going to meet his bonus target.
Oh yeah, repeat last seasons trick...sell Dunk, target met, bonus payable....

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So, 20,175 to 16,040 over two summers, is a fall of 4,135 or over 20%. .

The non 1901 fig of 87% is just renewals though. There should be more sales of new St holders than that via general sale and waiting list before August. So a smaller drop than 20% ...

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
2013 peak was 23,175 (per the football league and mentioned elsewhere). Comprising 3,000 1901Club + 20,175 others.

2014 figure was 21,500, comprising 3,000 1901Club + 18,500 others.

2015 figure using PB's 13.3% further drop in non-1901Club, gives 3,000 + 16,040 others.

So, 20,175 to 16,040 over two summers, is a fall of 4,135 or over 20%. That's over the loss of income from 4,000 lower season tickets and their associated food/drink/programme/merchandise cash inflow. For TB and PB, that will be causing massive concerns, as marginal income like that is more significant than 20% in meeting player wage/transfer budgets.

Why are you happy to exclude those on the waiting list, those that are brand new signing up prior to next season & those buying match tickets up to kick off in the shiny new 10 kiosk oppo now fully up & running in your calcs?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The non 1901 fig of 87% is just renewals though. There should be more sales of new St holders than that via general sale and waiting list before August. So a smaller drop than 20% ...

Do you honestly think that there's a waiting list for Season Tickets now? Extra seats were put in and ST renewals dropped last year. Now we are seeing another drop in ST renewals. I suspect that there hasn't been a waiting list since the first season at The Amex. Maybe waiting lists to move to a different seat but for a new ST? Unlikely.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Do you honestly think that there's a waiting list for Season Tickets now? Extra seats were put in and ST renewals dropped last year. Now we are seeing another drop in ST renewals. I suspect that there hasn't been a waiting list since the first season at The Amex. Maybe waiting lists to move to a different seat but for a new ST? Unlikely.

STs are on general sale so there isn't one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports