Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

72 hour Tube strike starting Sunday 6th April 18.30

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BBC NEWS | England | London | Three day Tube strike announced

The strikes are being called in a row over safety
A 72-hour strike on the London Underground is planned by rail unions in a row over safety.

A strike from 1830 GMT on 6 April to 9 April is planned by the Rail Maritime and Transport (RMT) union and Transport Salaried Staffs Association (TSSA).

The unions claim standards are at risk from plans to close 40 ticket offices and reduce opening hours.

Transport for London (TfL) said these issues have nothing to do with safety and there was no reason for a strike.

On Thursday union members voted in favour of industrial action, which would end at 1830 GMT on 9 April, hitting rush hour services and affecting Tube travel over four days.

The unions, which represent 7,500 station staff and drivers, have concerns about staff working alone and plans to introduce "mobile supervisors" at stations.

The unions told London Underground (LU) that its plans amounted to "an unacceptable attack on safety standards".

Bob Crow, general secretary of the RMT, said: "Tube workers will not stand idly by while the security of the network is compromised by managers who clearly believe that staff and passenger safety can be looked after on the cheap."

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Normally can't abide unions, but on this occasion, Go for it boys. Potential days *ahem* "Working from home"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bastard left wing scum :censored:

Bollocks. Since rail privatisation, the unions have become just about the major defenders of safety standards in the face of the rail companies' cost-cutting spivs primarily interested in generating profits for their share-holders:

"Bob Crow, general secretary of the RMT, said: "Tube workers will not stand idly by while the security of the network is compromised by managers who clearly believe that staff and passenger safety can be looked after on the cheap."

:clap:

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
What a load of f***ing bollocks. Bob Crow just likes his name being in the media whilst he pretends to have morals. I guess he has to keep the unions in the spotlight to justify his £100k+ salary and shed loads of expenses he creams off his members. Not that TfL are any good either. £4 for a single overcrowded, hot, smelly tube journey.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
What a load of f***ing bollocks. Bob Crow just likes his name being in the media whilst he pretends to have morals. I guess he has to keep the unions in the spotlight to justify his £100k+ salary and shed loads of expenses he creams off his members. Not that TfL are any good either. £4 for a single overcrowded, hot, smelly tube journey.

Have you considered getting an Oyster card then?:shrug:

I don't think it will go ahead, personally.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Have you considered getting an Oyster card then?:shrug:

I don't think it will go ahead, personally.

I do have an Oyster card. The majority of people who pay the £4 fairs are on low incomes (as well as some tourists who hopefully will all f*** off because London has to be one of the worst cities to visit because of transport). Red Ken hitting the people who need help the most. He's a f***ing joker. Unions are jokers. TfL are jokers. All these public sector workers raping our tax system for pointless jobs, sitting around in meetings and paying consultants to do the work they should be doing. Burn the bastards. Burn them all.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I do have an Oyster card. The majority of people who pay the £4 fairs are on low incomes (as well as some tourists who hopefully will all f*** off because London has to be one of the worst cities to visit because of transport). Red Ken hitting the people who need help the most. He's a f***ing joker. Unions are jokers. TfL are jokers. All these public sector workers raping our tax system for pointless jobs, sitting around in meetings and paying consultants to do the work they should be doing. Burn the bastards. Burn them all.

Why are people with low incomes paying £4?

It costs £3 to get an oyster and then THATS it. The fact low income Londoners get 1/2 off bus travel implies they already HAVE Oysters, completely disproving your statement.

I bet you weren't on here on 7/7, dismissing the Tube workers...

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Why are people with low incomes paying £4?

It costs £3 to get an oyster and then THATS it. The fact low income Londoners get 1/2 off bus travel implies they already HAVE Oysters, completely disproving your statement.

I bet you weren't on here on 7/7, dismissing the Tube workers...

On 7/7 I was checking up that the people I know in London were all ok. Don't f*** around with shit like that you mother f***ing ****.

Yes it is only £3 for an Oyster Card but the fact is that low income people in London tend not to set up e.g. direct debits or buy season tickets and do pretty much everything by cash, as and when they get paid. Get out of your office and stop licking Ken's arse.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
On 7/7 I was checking up that the people I know in London were all ok. Don't f*** around with shit like that you mother f***ing ****.

Yes it is only £3 for an Oyster Card but the fact is that low income people in London tend not to set up e.g. direct debits or buy season tickets and do pretty much everything by cash, as and when they get paid. Get out of your office and stop licking Ken's arse.

Calm down, I just said it is wrong to demand shit conditions for people who were otherwise doing a stirling job.

Well an oyster is by cash! You can simply go into newsagents and top it up with coins!

I'm not in an office and I'm at home waiting for the weather to clear up. Unlike you(I assume) I'm living in London and loving it...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
£4 for a single overcrowded, hot, smelly tube journey.

oystercardPA_415x275.jpg

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
If it's 72 hours does that mean that the tubes will be alright by the time we get back to Liverpool Street?

Last time it ended a day in... which if this goes on, I assume will happen again.

Disruption caused on Monday and point proved...

BUT...if it is still ongoing, I wouldn't want to use it on Tuesday Night because it will be settling down, I assume they will only begin running again at 6.30..

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
If it's 72 hours does that mean that the tubes will be alright by the time we get back to Liverpool Street?

EDIT - D'oh - Guess who can't count! It lasts until Wednesday!

I'll get me coat

I'd send you to Epping Forest if we were playing Mornington...

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Bus from London Bridge to Liverpool Street if tube strike still on. Only 90p to you or anyone else with an Oyster card Il Duce, which is good value how ever little one earns.
PG

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bus from London Bridge to Liverpool Street if tube strike still on. Only 90p to you or anyone else with an Oyster card Il Duce, which is good value how ever little one earns.
PG

The buses will be jam packed plus there will be massive queues at the bus stops.
Just another normal days commuting then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here