Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Great support no doubt, but I still fecking HATE Dirty Leeds.

Sheffield Wednesday? :lolol:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We most likely would of took 5-6k to Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs tonight not that impressive.
Firstly Newcastle aren't as an attractive a match as a top Prem side. Secondly London's only about just over half the distance and thirdly the vast majority of Brighton fans don't give a toss about the Cups (there's thread after thread season after season saying that) so there is NO WAY we would take 6000 to anybody for an early-round midweek League Cup game. Probably not even if the tickets were free.

Believe you me I wish I were wrong.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We wouldn't. That is why, despite how painful it is for many on here, they are a bigger club.
You think that it's painful to many on here that Leeds are a bigger club than Brighton? That's a bit weird.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
For any club languishing mid table in the championship, 6000 for a weekday lower status cup game against any premier league side other than the big six, has got to be applauded

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Are people completely forgetting that we took 9,000 to Villa? Not far to go though eh :shrug:

Where did you pluck that figure from! We took 6

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
5000 to spurs, 6500 to Villa, 6000 to Liverpool.

And there were a lot of people who couldn't get tickets as we sold out.

Worth pointing out, again, that those weren't mid-week games. Plus we did consider them to be 'big' games (quite right too, they were). We also took over 30,000 to Cardiff for a match against Bristol City - that's irrelevant too.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Bollocks. It's a 200 mile round trip, in midweek to watch a football match in a Cup that no one cares about against a team who are at best a mid-ranking premiership side. Taking it all into account relatively speaking it IS a long way and yes I do get out a lot. Your original comment was wrong.

We'll have to disagree then because if we were playing at any club within an hour and a half of me in an evening game I would go and not consider it a long trip.

Oct 25, 2003
Worth pointing out, again, that those weren't mid-week games. Plus we did consider them to be 'big' games (quite right too, they were). We also took over 30,000 to Cardiff for a match against Bristol City - that's irrelevant too.

liverpool was on a sunday though. I remember countless threads about people worrying about getting back as the trains were a nightmare

plus we could have sold more

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It wasn't midweek for a League Cup game though was it? That was for one of the biggest games in our history.
I know that. I wasn't making a direct comparison because anyone that does is foolish. Just the same that anyone who suggests Leeds are a bigger club than us just because of the support. They are a bigger club but that is because of their history.

Not sure why some people are falling over themselves about the away support of another team!!!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We'll have to disagree then because if we were playing at any club within an hour and a half of me in an evening game I would go and not consider it a long trip.
I'm genuinely pleased you'd do that midweek for a League Cup game. The depressing attitude of most is "Don't care, would rather get three points on Saturday"

liverpool was on a sunday though. I remember countless threads about people worrying about getting back as the trains were a nightmare

plus we could have sold more
Still not midweek so still not the same. Also, as I pointed out, we (and I include the players) did consider a match at Anfield to be a big game and worth making special arrangements for. You may call Leeds fans deluded, but they don't consider a match against a team who have only one one trophy in over fifty years to be a 'big' game.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What a bizarre discussion. To my mind, I can't see many would disagree with...

- Leeds being a bigger club than the Albion. (Yes, I know 'bigness' is difficult to define, but all football fans are able to give a quick A > B when asked about 2 teams)
- Leeds travel in numbers far in excess of the Albion, and most other clubs for that matter.
- Albion's away support is certainly decent - better than some and worse than some. Probably above average, all things considered.
- Albion's home support is excellent. The Amex effect? The ease of Direct Debit payments? A community starved of decent footballing facilities for a long time? Probably all of those and more, but Albion's home support will be the envy of all but about 10-12 clubs across the entire football league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports