Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] 50% risk of breaching a key 1.5C temperature rise threshold in 9 years

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Maybe we could make a start by buying British or locally sourced goods/products a bit like we use to,i think that we can survive a shortage of flown in Eygptian Strawberries in the winter. Perhaps if we stopped the desire to change perfectly good households equipment every few years for the latest must have to would help. Unless we AKA The West cut back on our consumption on goods China/India will just carry on producing relentlessly.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Maybe we could make a start by buying British or locally sourced goods/products a bit like we use to,i think that we can survive a shortage of flown in Eygptian Strawberries in the winter. Perhaps if we stopped the desire to change perfectly good households equipment every few years for the latest must have to would help. Unless we AKA The West cut back on our consumption on goods China/India will just carry on producing relentlessly.
Yeah at some point all nations are going to have to stop shipping shit back and forth across the world.

Being pro-free trade and pro-environment are not two compatible things, yet governments and individuals often are.

For the time being, it is obviously a bit difficult as countries like yours and mine doesnt produce food enough to feed everyone in our countries so we'd starve if we didn't import stuff. But that is obviously not impossible to change.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yeah at some point all nations are going to have to stop shipping shit back and forth across the world.

Being pro-free trade and pro-environment are not two compatible things, yet governments and individuals often are.

For the time being, it is obviously a bit difficult as countries like yours and mine doesnt produce food enough to feed everyone in our countries so we'd starve if we didn't import stuff. But that is obviously not impossible to change.
Focus on Trade with your neighbours. Most countries do, instead we have a government chasing unicorns

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I see little point now, we’re past point no return and will only continue to accelerate our species eventual decline and all the pain that’s coming with it. Human nature is too selfish, to reverse climate change you’ve almost got to abandon capitalism and start sharing things. Not going to happen. Said 00’s times before on here. Instead, enjoy your time whilst you can and say a prayer for your descendants because they will damn you.

When the wave or fire comes, millions will still be arguing they deserve more than the next person - even as they’re drowning or engulfed. Madness. But it’s the human condition.

Dec 29, 2011
I see little point now, we’re past point no return and will only continue to accelerate our species eventual decline and all the pain that’s coming with it. Human nature is too selfish, to reverse climate change you’ve almost got to abandon capitalism and start sharing things. Not going to happen. Said 00’s times before on here. Instead, enjoy your time whilst you can and say a prayer for your descendants because they will damn you.

When the wave or fire comes, millions will still be arguing they deserve more than the next person - even as they’re drowning or engulfed. Madness. But it’s the human condition.
A cheery Friday night post from portlock seagull.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Until China, India and the USA decide to act whatever we do is undone a 100 times over. This is where the pressure should be applied. Not sure the UK can do much more

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A cheery Friday night post from portlock seagull.
As if there’s anything to be cheery about, whatever night, re: climate crisis? Seriously, flippancy is all you’ve got to say on the matter? Me, you and moreover your kids, if you have or plan to have any, are going to have to endure so much misery and pain it’s beyond terrifying. All of us.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
D84D119D-C9D0-4EB8-8826-297DACDEF341.jpeg

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
And the Indians and the Yanks.

If Extinction Rebellion and their various offshots want to protest, they should go and glue themselves to, and throw random shit at, the Chinese Embassy. Protest against those that are REALLY causing the problem.
Bit rich, we started the problem a hundred years or two before the Chinese and Indians started urbanising/industrialising. And the west buys most of the shit they produce cheaply.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here