Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3rd May 1997

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 3rd May 1997

hans kraay fan club said:
Okay. I was there. Been home five minutes. I don't want him out, as there is f*** all point with a few games to go. So you are wrong.[at least in my opinion anyway.]

I respect your opinion.

So thats one positive vote to nil for MM staying then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If I could be arsed I'd do a comprehensive McGhee in and out poll by age groups. I reckon most of the outers are under 25 and probably more fanatical and impatient than the older fans who are somewhat battle weary and more patient.

But I'm too depressed, maybe I'll do it tomorrow. I reckon it would be f***ing interesting and a change from the now boring straight in and out polls after every game

Last edited:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
some go on about the ground etc f*** all money etc but the facts are MM has won 6 games in the last 49.Steve Coppell had the same budget to work with but his record in this divison was mid table at very worst.If he had not gone we would be a strong mid table side in this league

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Icy Gull said:
If I could be arsed I'd do a comprehensive McGhee in and out poll by age groups. I reckon most of the outers are under 25 and probably more fanatical and impatient than the older fans who are somewhat battle weary and more patient.

But I'm too depressed, maybe I'll do it tomorrow. I reckon it would be f***ing interesting and a change from the now boring straight in and out polls after every game

To save you a bit of time I am 48 and I want the wanker out!!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Icy Gull said:

I am 33 and I want him out

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
And I'm 3.............................over 25 as well.

How long do we have to compare our great escape with our fortunes there-after? Can we not compare our club to the time that MA built a good side out of nothing? .....or when Peter Taylor (RIP) made BHAFC a club of quality football with aspirations to be among the best? (when we were a workmanlike clogger's team for decades, taking up a space in the 3rd and 4th divisions).

In the present, we are sliding down the divisions again, only hoping that we might do 'ok' (in what was the old 3rd division) next season.

That is what's happening NOW.

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The point that needs to be stressed here is our apparant lack of passion, when it comes down to it, how many of the players would put their career on the line for Brighton - from today's evidence, very few.

What we dont know is if this can be attributed to not wanting to do so for McGhee, or if it's just not in them

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
34 year old Hereford attendee McGhee out

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
mmmmm - disloyal managers.

steve coppell?

not sure that is completely true actually - i think he wanted to stay.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
30 Year old 1985 and onwards (including Hereford)

McGhee OUT!

Can I remind everyone about the strugles in 1901 to form the club and how we should be happy to just exist:dunce: :dunce: :jester:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Everybody keeps harping back to Hereford but we overcame that problem by getting promoted the first time but the board did not learn the lesson when we were relegated last time. As a consequence we are in the same boat now.

Icy Gull said:

Yep

Richie Morris said:
I will never understand how seemingly intelligent people can come out with such absolute DRIBBLE.

Things you will never hear said on NSC:

No1) I will never understand how Richie Morris can come out with such absolute DRIBBLE

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lord Bracknell said:
Actually, back in 1996 - 1998, we DIDN'T have any choice.

We were rubbish. But we survived.

The main difference is that the fans stuck together back then.

\wise words.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I've defended McGhee staunchly for ages now - his record so far is: took us up in his first season and kept us in the Championship against all the odds in the second - you couldn't ask for more and this is the reason I've kept the faith. However, after yesterday's fiasco I'm afraid I've joined the "McGhee out" club. No point getting rid before the end of the season now but I think a new man needs to be in for the end of May. Obviously, the club is truly punching above it's weight with all the limitations (Falmer/Withdean etc)making the job a virtually impossible one but McGhee has made too many mistakes this season in my book - baffling tactics, constant changing of the team, gambling on Turienzo, falling out with too many players etc etc.

We have indeed come a long way (just watch the Fans United DVD or cast your mind back to Gillingham) and we should be unstintingly grateful to Dick Knight, Martin Perry and all our recent managers (including McGhee) but sometimes the head has to rule the heart and it's now time for a change.

Please McGhee - prove me wrong and keep this lot up!

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Deadly Danson said:
I've defended McGhee staunchly for ages now - his record so far is: took us up in his first season and kept us in the Championship against all the odds in the second - you couldn't ask for more and this is the reason I've kept the faith. However, after yesterday's fiasco I'm afraid I've joined the "McGhee out" club. No point getting rid before the end of the season now but I think a new man needs to be in for the end of May. Obviously, the club is truly punching above it's weight with all the limitations (Falmer/Withdean etc)making the job a virtually impossible one but McGhee has made too many mistakes this season in my book - baffling tactics, constant changing of the team, gambling on Turienzo, falling out with too many players etc etc.

We have indeed come a long way (just watch the Fans United DVD or cast your mind back to Gillingham) and we should be unstintingly grateful to Dick Knight, Martin Perry and all our recent managers (including McGhee) but sometimes the head has to rule the heart and it's now time for a change.

Please McGhee - prove me wrong and keep this lot up!

What he said.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
This is quite possibly the most defeatest thread I have read in ages.

Still 10 games to go you know. It is going to be tricky, we ALWAYS knew it was going to be a difficult season (anybody who was predicting play-offs after the Plymouth game is a plum of the highest order - I wonder how many of them are now in the McGhee out camp, think Oatway is useless, or have never spelt McCammon properly).

Getting rid of McGhee would be pointless at this stage of the season, and I seriously doubt anybody else would have done any better in the circumstances in any case. We have a very young side, and that lack of experience has been very telling, particularly since Charlie Oatway got injured.

We need to look at ourselves too. We very rarely get behind the team at Withdean, and that has been a feature of every season we've spent at this level, whereas in the lower divisions we usually managed a far more intimidating atmosphere. I expect the usual "We hate Withdean" bollocks will get spouted out now, but come on people, do you want us to stay up or not? If you don't then carry on as you are; if you do then sing up for the full 90 minutes in each of our remaining home games. We have to inspire our team like never before.

Last edited:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
We need to look at ourselves too. We very rarely get behind the team at Withdean, and that has been a feature of every season we've spent at this level, whereas in the lower divisions we usually managed a far more intimidating atmosphere. I expect the usual "We hate Withdean" bollocks will get spouted out now, but come on people, do you want us to stay up or not? If you don't then carry on as you are; if you do then sing up for the full 90 minutes in each of our remaining home games. We have to inspire our team like never before. [/B][/QUOTE]

Agreed - as stated I do think it's time for McGhee to go but I certainly won't boo him or the team - we have to at least give it our best shot as fans to help them try and stay in this division. Now what we need is the return of D'Urso the King for every game - he'll get us going or maybe send for The Prosser.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here