Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Re: Re: 3rd May 1997

chicken run said:
:yawn:
If we hadnt have been in that situ what would u be saying instead:shootself

If we had not been in that situation then things would be different. But if they were not and we were struggling with a decent ground then it would probably be time for him to go.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Les Biehn said:
I must admit the look how far we have come is a bit stupid in one sense. Its like buying a 4 bedroom house that needs loads of work and when the builders aren't doing their job fixing it up saying 'oh well we used to live in a 1 bedroom flat so we shouldn't complain'.

However we are punching above our weight so it is good to remember that we have come a long way considering the trouble we have had.

But look we we are heading now then:nono:

Relegation and not a pot to piss in,no player with half a brain will want to come here next Season with the current manager,and we havent even got the resources to buy a decent few players to get us out of league 1 next year what with the loss of revenue we will incur with relegation.

A Chairman who at the moment doesnt seem to want to show his face,and we still havent got the full planning consent for a new stadium.

f*** me I just read that back to myself and it seems we are all doomed Mr Mannering

:eek: :eek:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Finchley Seagull said:
So how many of you McGhee out people were supporting Albion when we were half an hour from going out of the league. Not many judging by your reactions. People forget how far we have come in the last nine years and if I had been told then of the seasons we would have had at Withdean I would not have believed it.

A better question might have been,

How many of the MAGOO IN crew were there at Hereford?

I'd say a lot less.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think with a lot of people the troubles of the past makes it EVEN worse.

We went through all that shit and came out of the other side through a lot of hard work from the fans, playing staff, chairman etc.

It upsets me the club went through all that just to arrive with spineless piss poor performances and seemingly disappearing from this league without so much as a wimper.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Re: Re: Re: 3rd May 1997

Finchley Seagull said:
If we had not been in that situation then things would be different. But if they were not and we were struggling with a decent ground then it would probably be time for him to go.
Define a decent ground please

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Re: Re: 3rd May 1997

gerbil said:
A better question might have been,

How many of the MAGOO IN crew were there at Hereford?

I'd say a lot less.

I think you will find that most of the Mark McGhee in supporters are true supporters who go to games regularly and accept that we have little money to spend and find it difficult to compete. Most of them will also not post on NSC which is why the after game polls are irrelevant.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley

Finchley Seagull said:
I think you will find that most of the Mark McGhee in supporters are true supporters who go to games regularly and accept that we have little money to spend and find it difficult to compete. Most of them will also not post on NSC which is why the after game polls are irrelevant.

Are you telling me that I'm not a "true" supporter?
and that I don't go to games regularly.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon

Finchley Seagull said:

So the best thing is to post a poll asking all those poor sods who went today to give there opinions on MM,and I bet you get the same MM out reaction!

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Charlies Shinpad said:
But look we we are heading now then:nono:

Relegation and not a pot to piss in,no player with half a brain will want to come here next Season with the current manager,and we havent even got the resources to buy a decent few players to get us out of league 1 next year what with the loss of revenue we will incur with relegation.

A Chairman who at the moment doesnt seem to want to show his face,and we still havent got the full planning consent for a new stadium.

f*** me I just read that back to myself and it seems we are all doomed Mr Mannering

:eek: :eek:

I honestly think that is how other teams, players, managers see us. A bit of a joke that you would be mad going to play, support manage etc Everything that we do is a bit amateurish

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Finchley Seagull said:
Oh dear, guess what, with that statment your defense lost all of it's credibility:shootself

1066gull

I admit, as everyone knows I wasn't there on the day we nearly fell out the football league but I am going to be a follower of this football club right to the day I die, just like you lot who were lucky enough to witness the glory days and are still trudging out to see the club you love now.

One day I will be like you, old, grumpy and grey but still wasting away my Saturday's just to make me feel young and witness the club I love win, draw and lose.

Or then again, I will get run over by a bus on my 17th Birthday.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
A van der Meyde said:
I admit, as everyone knows I wasn't there on the day we nearly fell out the football league but I am going to be a follower of this football club right to the day I die, just like you lot who were lucky enough to witness the glory days and are still trudging out to see the club you love now.

One day I will be like you, old, grumpy and grey but still wasting away my Saturday's just to make me feel young and witness the club I love win, draw and lose.

I t started well:clap2:

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
A van der Meyde said:

fcuking hell your first post that makes sense

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
A van der Meyde said:

My mate drives a bus.I'm sure he can oblige

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Finchley Seagull said:
Funny that because I for one have had enough of disloyal managers. Mark McGhee was loyal to us in the summer and signed a new deal unlike Horton, Adams, Coppell and Taylor. He has shown loyalty to this club in better times and now we should show loyalty to him when we are having a less good season for two reasons. 1) There is nobody better available at the moment. 2) He took us up and kept us up so he deserves the chance to try to take us up again if we go down.

Adams was offered a better job and DK didnt stand in his way,also Coppell didnt want to go,but DK made no effort to keep him(FACT) As for Taylor,he was honest and upfront and told DK and us that the money wasnt good enough to keep us in this league,and he was right wasnt he!

As for taking us up,I think most of the hard work was done before he got here!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Re: Re: Re: Re: 3rd May 1997

Charlies Shinpad said:
So the best thing is to post a poll asking all those poor sods who went today to give there opinions on MM,and I bet you get the same MM out reaction!

Okay. I was there. Been home five minutes. I don't want him out, as there is f*** all point with a few games to go. So you are wrong.[at least in my opinion anyway.]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports