Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3rd May 1997

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
So how many of you McGhee out people were supporting Albion when we were half an hour from going out of the league. Not many judging by your reactions. People forget how far we have come in the last nine years and if I had been told then of the seasons we would have had at Withdean I would not have believed it.

Why then can nobody accept that we were always going to struggle in this league. We just stayed up last season thanks to a brilliant effort but then lost Virgs and Harding. We have hardly spent any of that money due to Falmer and it is difficullt to compete in this league, as Crewe are finding too, when your budget is small.

So to everybody complaining about trips to Carlisle and Chesterfield. Just remember how close we came to trips to Southport and Forest Green (or their 1997 equivalents) or to going out of business and be glad that we are much better off now than we were in those days.

Next season, I believe that we will be challenging again in League One with Mark McGhee as manager. Until then back the team and manager because otherwise we might as well give up now!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
How many of us?

The majority I'd say.. vast majority. We do accept that we will struggle in this league and we are perfectly entitled to vent our anger at the manager when we believe he is picking the wrong team. sending us down when we worked to hard to get here.

Morally superier superfan!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
f*** off.

Being an albion fan does not mean you HAVE to blindly accept RUBBISH like we are getting.

Surely ANYONE would want better for the club they love then our current performances?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Richie Morris said:
f*** off.

Being an albion fan does not mean you HAVE to blindly accept RUBBISH like we are getting.

Surely ANYONE would want better for the club they love then our current performances?

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Here is a question. Where was MARK MCGHEE when that was happening?

Leicester, Millwall, Reading, Wolves? Not BRIGHTON.

This club is about more then being ridiculously loyal with one manager.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Steve Gritt rescued us from oblivion and that is by far the greatest achievment by any Albion manager and DK still got rid of him.

So how does that compare with keeping MM please tell me then??

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
especially as we are paying for it. It is like rolling up £50 notes and smoking them at the moment

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Now counts, we have had our fair quota of shit times, but as i said this situation was avoidable.:censored:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
bollocks . . . . we're in an infinitely better state now thanks to DK, and getting worse thanks to the incompetence of Magoo

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I must admit the look how far we have come is a bit stupid in one sense. Its like buying a 4 bedroom house that needs loads of work and when the builders aren't doing their job fixing it up saying 'oh well we used to live in a 1 bedroom flat so we shouldn't complain'.

However we are punching above our weight so it is good to remember that we have come a long way considering the trouble we have had.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Richie Morris said:
Here is a question. Where was MARK MCGHEE when that was happening?

Leicester, Millwall, Reading, Wolves? Not BRIGHTON.

This club is about more then being ridiculously loyal with one manager.

Funny that because I for one have had enough of disloyal managers. Mark McGhee was loyal to us in the summer and signed a new deal unlike Horton, Adams, Coppell and Taylor. He has shown loyalty to this club in better times and now we should show loyalty to him when we are having a less good season for two reasons. 1) There is nobody better available at the moment. 2) He took us up and kept us up so he deserves the chance to try to take us up again if we go down.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Finchley Seagull said:
So how many of you McGhee out people were supporting Albion when we were half an hour from going out of the league. Not many judging by your reactions. People forget how far we have come in the last nine years and if I had been told then of the seasons we would have had at Withdean I would not have believed it.

Why then can nobody accept that we were always going to struggle in this league. We just stayed up last season thanks to a brilliant effort but then lost Virgs and Harding. We have hardly spent any of that money due to Falmer and it is difficullt to compete in this league, as Crewe are finding too, when your budget is small.

So to everybody complaining about trips to Carlisle and Chesterfield. Just remember how close we came to trips to Southport and Forest Green (or their 1997 equivalents) or to going out of business and be glad that we are much better off now than we were in those days.

Next season, I believe that we will be challenging again in League One with Mark McGhee as manager. Until then back the team and manager because otherwise we might as well give up now!
:yawn:
If we hadnt have been in that situ what would u be saying instead:shootself

Richie Morris said:
Actually, back in 1996 - 1998, we DIDN'T have any choice.

We were rubbish. But we survived.

The main difference is that the fans stuck together back then.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Finchley Seagull said:
Funny that because I for one have had enough of disloyal managers. Mark McGhee was loyal to us in the summer and signed a new deal unlike Horton, Adams, Coppell and Taylor. He has shown loyalty to this club in better times and now we should show loyalty to him when we are having a less good season for two reasons. 1) There is nobody better available at the moment. 2) He took us up and kept us up so he deserves the chance to try to take us up again if we go down.
2) He would never take us up again you goon:jester:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I will never understand how seemingly intelligent people can come out with such absolute DRIBBLE.

How has McGhee been loyal? Who else was trying to get him to manager them? Who else would have snapped him up from us?

I think the REASON he signed a new contract was probably more to do with getting MORE MONEY and securing a big pay off if things went bad and he was sacked.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
zefarelly said:
bollocks . . . . we're in an infinitely better state now thanks to DK, and getting worse thanks to the incompetence of Magoo

I am sorry so taking Adam Virgo from the reserve team and helping to turn him into a player that Celtic paid £1.5 million for has not helped our financial position and our future. Where would we be now without the £2.5 million we have got for Cullip, Currie, Virgo and Harding in the last year and a half.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Losing is one thing,but not like we have done today.:angry: Yes i was at Hereford and Doncaster.And long before that as well.:albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here