Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2023-24 Loanee Tracker Thread

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not impressed with the Rangers manager Michael Beale. There appears to be no clear style of play and- significantly for Sima - not a lot of service from out wide. Re Celtic today - Hatate came on and looked good, a real bundle of energy with drive in the middle of the park, very suitable to our style.
Wasn't Beale supposed to be the actual brains behind Gerrard's successful time at Rangers?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good if the club keeps doing this - great stuff.

Even better if they could get it a bit more accurate!
"All but one of our players on loan suffered defeat in their first league matches for their loan clubs.......................
........The only player to come away with all three points – and a clean sheet – was Kjell Scherpen, who started for Sturm Graz in a 2-0 win......
........while Carl Rushworth made his first Championship appearance for Swansea in a 1-1 draw with Birmingham City."
:facepalm:

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Good if the club keeps doing this - great stuff.

Even better if they could get it a bit more accurate!
"All but one of our players on loan suffered defeat in their first league matches for their loan clubs.......................
........The only player to come away with all three points – and a clean sheet – was Kjell Scherpen, who started for Sturm Graz in a 2-0 win......
........while Carl Rushworth made his first Championship appearance for Swansea in a 1-1 draw with Birmingham City."
:facepalm:
Spotted that too @GT49er and suggest you offer your services as you do it most weekends - always appreciated😊👍

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oxford United fans pretty unimpressed with young Beadle - 7 goals in 2 games, Brighton might as well recall him..... although TBF some do recognise that the defence in front of him isn't all that! Not happy with the style of football either - still at the stage of thinking that playing out from the back equals passing aimlessly across the six yard area, sideways passes etc. Nobody actually said 'fannying around at the back' but...........!

Strangely, Bristol City fans not that impressed either - not until they were 4-1 up anyway! Seem pretty impressed with Haydon Roberts though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Only Rushworth, Beadle and Leonard of our EFL and Scottish loanees starting today - the rest are on the bench.

Same for our former yoof now trying to make their way in the big, bad world - bench! The only starter is Jack Spong for Queens Park.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Only Rushworth, Beadle and Leonard of our EFL and Scottish loanees starting today - the rest are on the bench.

Same for our former yoof now trying to make their way in the big, bad world - bench! The only starter is Jack Spong for Queens Park.
You need to update the original post with Weir's loan to Blackpool!

I wonder what's in the offing for a few of our remaining youngsters - Peupion, Offiah, Samuels and Moran could probably do with a loan as their next step. Ayari and Buonanotte maybe too if we have another couple of first team incomings.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I wonder what's in the offing for a few of our remaining youngsters - Peupion, Offiah, Samuels and Moran could probably do with a loan as their next step. Ayari and Buonanotte maybe too if we have another couple of first team incomings.
Furlong too. And I worry about game time for Ferguson if Pedro and Welbeck are going to feature a lot. Don't suppose we can afford to loan him out though, now that Undav is away in the Fatherland.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Hadn't noticed the Weir loan - thanks for the heads-up.

League 1 for the third time - his level maybe?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Come back and quote me. He is different gear.
Actually I agree. He's still got a lot to learn though (and TBF he's not the only one) - should short term gain (by using more experienced players) be deemed more important than long term development then it could go against him.
Hopefully it won't (and TBF I don't think it will) but as I said, I'm a worrier!
:)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeah disappointing nobody in the Championship took him on. Might be another youngster to make much more gradual progress.
Blackpool fans seem (mostly!) pleased.

Nice to find a lower league club with such a busy - and generally sensible - chat forum. Some of the clubs down there will have barely six posts on a match day thread (orobably 4 of those from the same bloke (with an issue!)). It's so much more fun tracking loanees when there's a decent forum to track 'em on!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here