Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***2014 World's Hardest Creature NOMINATIONS thread

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Ahh yes the RULES of a competition that is won by the Polar BEAR every year it's entered, and what does THAT do that is 'HARD'?

NOTHING :dunce:

Agreed ^. The polar bear is not and has never been hard, it's a disgrace that it's won so many times. Picking on seals is like a 6th former picking on a 12 year old. So what you can beat him up? It proves nothing, you're bigger than him, it's sort of assumed you'd win in a 1on1 fight.

May I nominate the Brazilian Wandering Spider? I will check to verify but I believe it is the most venomous spider on earth. Humans bitten by it describe an unfortunate but hilarious side effect - a severely painful BONER that can last for days or even weeks. A spider so dangerous it makes you HORNY.

Now that's what I call HARD.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm surprised to see there have been no nominations for the Orca and the Black Mamba, two previous champions. So, based on the fact that they're ex champs I'm going to nominate them.

Creatures IN the competition

Crocodile
Giant Squid
Black Lugworm
Man
Cassowary
Honey Badger
Puff Adder
Tarantula Wasp
Grasshopper Mouse
Tardigrades
Chimpanzee
King Cobra
Mongoose
Great White Shark
Komodo Dragon
Jack Jumper Ant
Asian Giant Hornet
Mantis Shrimp

Creatures in need of SECONDING

Wolverine
Hippo
Praying Mantis
Inland Taipan
Perentine Goanna
Baboon
Stag Beetle
Moose
Rhino
Brazilian Wandering Spider
Cockroach
Black Mamba
Orca

Nominations close wednesday night/thursday morning my time...so Wednesday afternoon/night time GMT.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think the Collossal Squid has dilated the squid vote, a shame because it now seems the Collossal Squid is actually quite mild-mannered, despite it's massive claws and hooks and stuff.

Till you try to spear or catch him and then you are for it.
Imagine being wrapped in 8 anacondas!
If a polar bear was swimming and was attacked by one of these it would stand no chance.
If they are so mild mannered how come their attacks have been historically documented, huh?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Creatures in need of SECONDING

Wolverine
Hippo
Praying Mantis
Inland Taipan
Perentine Goanna
Baboon
Stag Beetle
Moose
Rhino
Brazilian Wandering Spider
Cockroach
Black Mamba
Orca

Nominations close wednesday night/thursday morning my time...so Wednesday afternoon/night time GMT.

As the arguably the most aggressive of all the primates, I'll second the Baboon.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
2013: Polar Bear vs Crocodile
2012: Black Mamba vs Orca
2011: Orca vs Honey Badger
2010: Hippo vs Honey Badger
2008/9: Polar Bear vs Crocodile
2007: Polar Bear vs Crocodile

The Polar Bear is going back into retirement for this years competition.

Shouldn't winning this competition be a bit like winning the US Masters in that once you've won, you're invited back for the rest of your days and don't need to qualify?

Retiring the Polar Bear is like ManUtd ducking the FA Cup in 2000. I don't want the 2014 winner's (the Jumping Jack Ant....) victory to be lessoned by the absence of previous winners.

It is annoying that a bear that basically is a pussy when attacking a walrus, but acting all hard when it grabs a seal has won this thing 3 times, but nevertheless, a worthy 2014 winner needs to have seen off all comers.

Therefore, I propose, Polar Beer, Black Mamba, Orca and Hippo are all included as previous winners and an invitational entry.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Beach Hut.

Sorry, wrong competition.

Eastleigh Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
How about including what must be the ultimate bear option in terms of the offspring of what must have been a particularly aggressive coupling between a polar bear and a North American Grizzly bear. Check out the Ursid Bear - also known as the Prizzly or Grolar Bear.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
How about including what must be the ultimate bear option in terms of the offspring of what must have been a particularly aggressive coupling between a polar bear and a North American Grizzly bear. Check out the Ursid Bear - also known as the Prizzly or Grolar Bear.

Similarly, what about the Liger (half lion, half tiger).

In The Rough

Mar 20, 2007
Between The Sticks
If your nominating bears, it has to be the Sun bear!

Weighing just 65 kilograms and measuring 1.5 meters in length, the Asian Sun Bear is the world’s smallest bear species, and the most ferocious, with the largest teeth in proportion to body size. This small beast is the most fierce bear on the planet, and will attack humans without provocation. A number of fatal maulings have occurred from an animal considered by some to be the most dangerous in the jungle.

The smallest bear but also the most mentally agressive. With massive teeth.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
African Bull Elephant. Known to fights off seven adult lions at once. Hard.

But even I'm getting bored of the fabled hardest animal comp I'm afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here