Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***2014 World's Hardest Creature NOMINATIONS thread

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Tarantula wasp: Kills tarantulas, then feeds them to it's children

Grasshopper mouse: Kills and eats scorpions, while being stung multiple times, without giving a ****. Oh, and it turns the venom from the scorpion into a painkiller. Hard and efficient.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Tarantula wasp: Kills tarantulas, then feeds them to it's children

Grasshopper mouse: Kills and eats scorpions, while being stung multiple times, without giving a ****. Oh, and it turns the venom from the scorpion into a painkiller. Hard and efficient.

Second to both of them. Lovely nominations.

Our miniature Hamster Cookie. Gave youngest Potting a nasty nip on the finger last night, not the brightest of creatures we think it confused her finger for food. I think Cookie may have Grasshopper Mouse genes.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Julie Andrews, either as Maria or Mary Poppins. Always got her own way, often by devious means.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
article-2280286-17A3EF75000005DC-32_634x849.jpg

Tardigrades, also known as water bears, are some of the most fascinating animals in world because they can live happily in the most extreme conditions

Boil the 1mm creatures, freeze them, dry them, expose them to radiation and they're so resilient they'll still be alive 200 years later.

Water bears can hack temperatures as low as -457 degrees, heat as high as 357 degrees, and 5,700 grays of radiation, when 10-20 grays would kill humans and most other animals.

The animals can also live for a decade without water and even survive in space.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I’d also like to nominate the CHIMPANZEE this year. We’re so used to the impression of a Pilkington-esque lipstick wearing, banana-chomping lab assistant chimp, it’s easy to forget that in the wild they are baying lunatics. Utterly carnivorous, known to cannibalise neighbouring troops. NUTTERS.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
article-2280286-17A3EF75000005DC-32_634x849.jpg

Tardigrades, also known as water bears, are some of the most fascinating animals in world because they can live happily in the most extreme conditions

Boil the 1mm creatures, freeze them, dry them, expose them to radiation and they're so resilient they'll still be alive 200 years later.

Water bears can hack temperatures as low as -457 degrees, heat as high as 357 degrees, and 5,700 grays of radiation, when 10-20 grays would kill humans and most other animals.

The animals can also live for a decade without water and even survive in space.

Seconded (science agrees http://www.scilogs.com/from_the_lab_bench/tardigrade-hardiest-critter-on-earth/)

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
The king cobra

Grows up to 5 meters and is the worlds largest venomous snake. When it stands up it can look a grow man in the face before striking and inflicting a bite with enough neurotoxins to kill an elephant or 3.

What does the raj naga eat? Other snakes!!!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I'll nominate the Mongoose, Great White Shark, Komodo Dragon, Inland Taipan and Perentie Goanna

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Can't you just cut and paste the previous years thread and get the whole tedious affair over with?

Boo

This is much more interesting than stupid transfer rumours!

What do you think this is? A football forum?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I nominate the Horse, a particularly vicious specimen once bit my mum. Terrifying for the 7 year old Mowgli37 :nono:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Boo

This is much more interesting than stupid transfer rumours!

What do you think this is? A football forum?

Oh okay then kids. Seeing as I'm here I will offer up the Alpha Male Baboon. I had one launch itself at me in Dubai, luckily the other side of foot thick plexi-glass, and I have never been so momentarily shitted up in my life. Their teeth are looong. They can rip a Zebras head off.

In awesome animal news they found a jellyfish that lives forever. Immortal. Unfortunately the East African Black Rhino was announced extinct from over hunting last fortnight. Humans are pricks.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Jack Jumper (bulldog) Ant

They is badass.

In Tasmania, they cause more human deaths than those caused by snakes, spiders, bees and sharks put together!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The Black Lugworm .

There can be no other creature that can survive for days after having its internal organs removed , days after organ removal , Anglers slap them on to the ground the worm instantly returns to a state of fishy catching readiness for the hook to be executed for a second time , i view this achievement as well hard and gets my vote .

Ile second that as it goes not a bad call dear :)

[yt]sHpOX3horu8[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here