Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2012 World's Hardest Creature Competition.......anyone up for it?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can we have a list of past winners of the previous 3 tournaments? I know the polar bear has won at least once. Did the croc win also? Two animals proven to be harder than the cute little honey kittens that go "grrrrr" with their tiddly little teeth.

Sadly, this nonsense is going to continue until the honeybadgeristas finally get their way. :(

Dya reckon by the time you're say, 80 or 90, you'll actually UNDERSTAND what the word hard means?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You don't understand the meaning of 'hardest creature', do you? It isn't 'biggest and most powerful creature', it is about the toughest animal, POUND FOR POUND.

The tiger will be nowhere near the final, it will probably struggle to get through the group stages.

We try every single year, Commander. Still people can't grasp basic definitions of words.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Some good shouts this year, nice to see people getting to grips with what being HARD means.

Tazmanian Devil
Wolverine
Cockroach

These are all HARD little bastards who don't give a single solitary F**K.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dya reckon by the time you're say, 80 or 90, you'll actually UNDERSTAND what the word hard means?

We've had four competitions, and your honey kitten doesn't cut the mustard with those cute little teeth. Deal with it.

6a00e553b3da208834014e87dd6252970d-500wi

Grrrrrr! :rolleyes:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We've had four competitions, and your honey kitten doesn't cut the mustard with those cute little teeth. Deal with it.

6a00e553b3da208834014e87dd6252970d-500wi

Grrrrrr! :rolleyes:

You have proved you don't understand the first thing about the Honey Badger. Like it's followers, it will keep going, keep going, keep going, keep going, against impossible odds, until it prevails.

As we will prove. This year, or next. Or the next. However long it takes, the Honey Badger WILL be rightfully crowned the world's HARDEST creature.

I will then move on to voting for the Cockroach, or something similarly HARD.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
I nominate the BLACK MAMBA:

It is feared throughout the continent of Africa. No other snake in the continent is as loathed, and yet respected and feared at the same time. It usually requires a group of people to kill it as it is very fast and agile, striking in all directions while a third of its body is 3–4 feet above the ground. The black mamba will sometimes bite one or two of the villagers before being killed itself. The deep fear of this snake stems not only from its reputation for aggression, speed, and venom toxicity, but it stems from stories and legends that have been passed down from one generation to the next. It is claimed that the mere mention of its name can cause fear, anxiety, or panic attacks in some people. Jack Seale who maintains an animal park in South Africa calls this species "death incarnate". The indigenous Africans that share stories of how this snake has been seen chasing away herds of Cape buffalos, wildebeests, and people. Magical abilities have been attributed to it, which has added to the myth, mystery, and fear of the black mamba. Other stories include black mambas biting and killing full grown bull elephants, which are unverified. However, there is a scientifically verified record of a fully grown adult female elephant that died due to black mamba envenomation in 2006.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 18

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can someone second some of these please?

Australian Box Jellyfish
African elephant
Rhino
Silverback gorilla
Pitbull terrier

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not sure. According to that wiki page, you simply need to keep the victim breathing through his state of paralysis. If it was hard, wouldn't it just polish off the victim within seconds or perhaps minutes like a black mamba, rather than sit there like a ponce while your mate keeps you alive with the kiss of life until the ambulance arrives to put you on a machine until you're better again?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
in so far:
Orca
Honey Badger
Cape Buffalo
Wolverine
Grizzly Bear
Crocodile
Hippo

needs seconding (don't just do it for the hell of it)
human
jaguar
tiger
giant centipede
bull shark
mosquito
great white shark
brazilian wandering spider
hyena
fangtooth fish
immortal jellyfish
komodo dragon
cockroach

The Orca was last year's winner so surely it gets retired for this year's competition.

Aug 23, 2011
I nominate the BLACK MAMBA:

It is feared throughout the continent of Africa. No other snake in the continent is as loathed, and yet respected and feared at the same time. It usually requires a group of people to kill it as it is very fast and agile, striking in all directions while a third of its body is 3–4 feet above the ground. The black mamba will sometimes bite one or two of the villagers before being killed itself. The deep fear of this snake stems not only from its reputation for aggression, speed, and venom toxicity, but it stems from stories and legends that have been passed down from one generation to the next. It is claimed that the mere mention of its name can cause fear, anxiety, or panic attacks in some people. Jack Seale who maintains an animal park in South Africa calls this species "death incarnate". The indigenous Africans that share stories of how this snake has been seen chasing away herds of Cape buffalos, wildebeests, and people. Magical abilities have been attributed to it, which has added to the myth, mystery, and fear of the black mamba. Other stories include black mambas biting and killing full grown bull elephants, which are unverified. However, there is a scientifically verified record of a fully grown adult female elephant that died due to black mamba envenomation in 2006.

I'll second that

Oct 25, 2003
The Orca was last year's winner so surely it gets retired for this year's competition.

the polar bear only retired after being a multi-time winner

the previous winner (hippo) lost its crown last year so will be keen to prove its doubters wrong

Oct 25, 2003
interestingly, the way people vote seems to have changed in the last year or so, so i'm not sure that the polar bear would win it if it entered this year

maybe he'll make a comeback in 2013

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here