Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2011 World's Hardest Creature Competition- NOMINATIONS THREAD

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'll second the tazzie, they are psychos.

Cassowaries are overrated, but I'll keep my anti-overgrown chicken powder dry for the competition proper :lol:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Come on you GAYLORDS. Someone second this BEAST. Some facts for you:

# Fighting Style: They are large, agressive and horned. Cape Buffalo have been known to kill lions and they kill hundreds of humans in Africa per year.

Known as one of the "big five" or "Black Death" in Africa, the African buffalo is widely regarded as a very dangerous animal. Buffalo are sometimes reported to kill more people in Africa than any other animal, although the same claim is also made of hippos and crocodiles.

# Unusual Characteristics: The Cape Buffalo are feared by hunters. They have been known to ambush attackers when injured. They are extremely aggresive and tough as nails.

Well as this has been seconded i think that the BLACK MAMBA snake that makes these creatures run in fear should also be seconded by someone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmre5kI49rI (from about 48 seconds on)

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
The Cassowary hunt in Packs and from the side, not face on!

Think of the T-rex and Raptors and you'll get an idea where this bad boy has descended from!

No they don't, they comb the rainforest for fruit and are famed for having such a fast gut transit that they eat their own crap to redigest it. 1 recorded human death in history after the guy attacked the cassowary with his dog.

My vote is for hippo - aggressive and responsible for 150 human deaths a year - honourable mentions for crocodile/anaconda.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
in my experience the australian contingent on here are both knowledgeable about deadly BEAST and also very patriotic
Very good point, if I could find a photo of one of the women that I met on my travels there, she would without doubt clean this years competition up...think of the black gorilla featured earlier, mixed with the the face of the stone fish...I liked her...a lot...I like them big....big I say....

I would like to nominate something from here in the U.S., gentlemen I give you the Moose.

moose-1.jpg

dfw_moose_car_accident.jpg

Not such an every day evil fucker, more big and ugly with the ability to really hurt, as seen in the car picture above. So to conclude:
Taller than a horse -- 5 to 6.5 feet tall (1.5 to 2.0 meters) from ground to shoulder.
Heavier than a bear -- male moose, called bulls, weigh up to 1,500 pounds (680 kilograms).
Faster than a kangaroo -- moose run up to 35 miles per hour (56 kilometers per hour).

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
That video should ban it from competition- a cut clip of migrating wilderbeast and it opening it's mouth does nothing! All it shoes is it can take on a squirrel! Black Mamba OUT :p

That video showed The Cape Buffalo which were nominated and seconded earlier because of their fighting style - Fighting Style: They are large, agressive and horned. Cape Buffalo have been known to kill lions and they kill hundreds of humans in Africa per year.
And then them not willing to stay around once a Black Mamba appeared

The black mamba (Dendroaspis polylepis) is the longest venomous snake in Africa, averaging around 2.5 meters (8.2 ft), and sometimes growing up to 4.3 meters (14 ft). Its name is derived from the black coloration inside the mouth; the actual color of the skin varies, from dull yellowish-green to a gun-metal gray. It is known to be capable of reaching speeds of around 20 kilometers per hour (12 mph), traveling with up to a third of its body raised off the ground. Over long distances the black mamba travels 11 to 19 kilometers per hour (6.8 to 12 mph), but in short bursts it can reach a speed of 23 kilometers per hour (14 mph), making it the fastest land snake. If a black mamba is cornered it mimics a cobra by spreading a neck-flap, exposing its black mouth, and hissing. If this attempt to scare away the attacker fails, the black mamba will strike repeatedly, injecting large amounts of venom.

If it is to be disqualied, then so too should the Cape Buffalo :p

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
That video showed The Cape Buffalo which were nominated and seconded earlier because of their fighting style - Fighting Style: They are large, agressive and horned. Cape Buffalo have been known to kill lions and they kill hundreds of humans in Africa per year.

The black mamba (Dendroaspis polylepis) is the longest venomous snake in Africa, averaging around 2.5 meters (8.2 ft), and sometimes growing up to 4.3 meters (14 ft). Its name is derived from the black coloration inside the mouth; the actual color of the skin varies, from dull yellowish-green to a gun-metal gray. It is known to be capable of reaching speeds of around 20 kilometers per hour (12 mph), traveling with up to a third of its body raised off the ground. Over long distances the black mamba travels 11 to 19 kilometers per hour (6.8 to 12 mph), but in short bursts it can reach a speed of 23 kilometers per hour (14 mph), making it the fastest land snake. If a black mamba is cornered it mimics a cobra by spreading a neck-flap, exposing its black mouth, and hissing. If this attempt to scare away the attacker fails, the black mamba will strike repeatedly, injecting large amounts of venom.

Case very well put, refreshing to actually have a considered, quantitative reply. I second the Mamba!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The Mongoose (as seen here taking on a Cobra)
[yt]AEy0MczVGg0&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/yt]

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

You have made a good case and I am glad that someone has seconded it. What has not been mentioned is that a Black Mamba is one of very few snakes that will chase you if provoked and it also has the ability to raise one third of its body off the ground whilst moving. So potentially you could be chased by a 14ft Mamba that will bite you in the chest. It's head is shaped like a coffin for good reason.

The Cape Buffalo is regarded as the most dangerous of the Big 5 (the 5 most dangerous animals to hunt) as it is very intelligent and is known to wander away looking disinterested only to double back and ambush you. You do not mess with a Cape Buffalo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here