Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 1st Test: England vs New Zealand @ Lords

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd have given him longer - decent opener. Anyway, completely irrelevant in the context of KP as they play in different positions. KP is undoubtedly the most talented batsman we've had in recent years, but his acting like an utter bellend has ruled him unselectable it seems, and he's now ageing to the point of being past his best, so bringing him back for a series or two makes little sense. Sad, but bit of a waste of a talent.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Bell's form is dreadful, has been for 12 months. Ballance is one of the world's top run scorers in test cricket over the past 12 months. If anyone were to make way for KP at no.4 it would be a straight swap for Bell.

I agree that Bell is the player most at risk, if one of the middle order were to be dropped but I wouldn't describe his form as "dreadful". He averages 33.6 over the past 12 months - not great for a modern test batsman but not that awful either

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I agree that Bell is the player most at risk, if one of the middle order were to be dropped but I wouldn't describe his form as "dreadful". He averages 33.6 over the past 12 months - not great for a modern test batsman but not that awful either

He still has a century to his name in the last 4 games, so not sure he is under threat. Same with Ballance.

The biggest issue is whether Ali is going to be able to control and end and let us rotate the seamers in the first innings and take wickets in the second innings.

Not sure he can, but the spinner cupboard is bare at the moment. Oddly Tredwell is probably the best bet to do the Ashley Giles containment job, but he is not playing for Kent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here