Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
120 miles each way....never get home from an evening game until 1am thats if all motorways are open, up for work at 6....
game will be 2 reserve sides and on TV so I am giving it a miss this time....sorry and all that , must be a bad fan.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm not going as it stands. Albion fan for approaching 40 years, season ticket holder at all of the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean and the Amex, I took a week off work to campaign in the "Yes Yes" referendum, co-edited an Albion fanzine and I've run an Albion website for 17 years or so.

It's one of my mate's birthdays and he's also a long-standing Albion STH. We said to him: choose what you want to do, and we'll do the same. He chose going to the pub instead of the Amex and that's what we'll do. I'd have done either, but I'm not bothered one way or the other.

Surely he could have chosen both!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
12,342 ticket remaining for palace

Tough titties. Should have held this FA Cup Tie on FA Cup Tie Weekend and bolleaux to the trains. I mean, it's not like the away fans are coming from the other end of the country, just the other end of the evolutionary scale.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
The cup is still popular with teams below the top two divisions - but above that teams have mostly got better things to do. Another change over the past thirty years is the named squad system; it certainly makes sense to use non Premier League players in a match that doesn't matter so much. And then this is just after the Christmas/New Year rush of matches, so there's bound to be a fair amount of player rotation.

It's a pity because a one-off match can be much better (though anyone who, like me, froze to death at the Albion/Fulham replay in 1995 will know that isn't necessarily so) than a careful league draw. They really should have penalties after the first match, though.

On the plus side I'll get to be in an area I can normally never get tickets for because it's normally sold out to STHs. Not sure how much a plus that will seem at 22:00 on that Monday.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
12,342 ticket remaining for palace

Tough titties. Should have held this FA Cup Tie on FA Cup Tie Weekend and bolleaux to the trains. I mean, it's not like the away fans are coming from the other end of the country, just the other end of the evolutionary scale.
Indeed.

It should have been in daytime on Saturday or Sunday.

Jan 30, 2008
Modern football is so shit. A half empty stadium in an FA Cup game in the top flight against our biggest rivals. 30,000 watching us play Burnley in the league.

How has this happened? I don't understand it.
to many glory hunters / wet lettuces attaching themselves like leaches to the club, makes you feel sick
regards
DR

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It's not the opposition that bothers me, it's the transport. Apart from League matches, I never know if the club is running P+R now, and so it's broken. I assume no P+R unless it's a League match so now I don't bother checking, I just don't go. Now the habit is gone, it doesn't bother me. I just watch from home or like this one, the pub.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Should be good to see a few old faces again who have been left behind on the points make prizes premier league wave of success , really looking forward to it .

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I'm guessing most of those moaning about ticket sales don't have many other priorities in life. Just after Christmas, on telly on a Monday night, extra hassle that goes with the fixture and evening fixtures, £25 to watch two reserve teams... pretty obvious why ticket sales are slow despite being palace. Anyone seriously claiming they'd be 'utterly embarrassed' by a 20k crowd need to grow a pair!

it was me that said that and i'll stick with it. they're our bitter rivals ffs - tin pot as anything not getting 20k+

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Individuals no doubt have genuine reasons for non attendance. But have we really become so billy big bollocks after 6 months in the PL that Palace in the 3rd round of the cup is of no interest? I'd be interested to see how many of those people would want tickets if heaven forbid we made the final?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
People's excuses for not going are frankly laughable.
Tend to agree. Some of the excuses (eg there is a train taking Palace fans back, this means our trains might be delayed) are rather pathetic. As for the money thing, if you can afford £600 for a season ticket then surely you can afford £25? Less than a night in the pub.

I'm looking forward to it. A game against our rivals and first use of VAR - will be interesting to see how it works in practice.

Surprised it's only 5 loyalty points though - thought it was more for cup games?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here