Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Bit early to speculate on what will be
There will be plenty of people who change their mind and go nearer the game when the build up and hype proper commences
No rush to get a ticket at this stage and finances are restricted just before Christmas

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
STH for the last 19 years, and have travelled up and down this country watching the Albion through all 4 divisions. If you think I'm not a 'real fan', then up yours.

If you're out fishing, then well done. And up yours.
Agreed me the same ,would love to take my family but not v palace

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I'm guessing most of those moaning about ticket sales don't have many other priorities in life. Just after Christmas, on telly on a Monday night, extra hassle that goes with the fixture and evening fixtures, £25 to watch two reserve teams... pretty obvious why ticket sales are slow despite being palace. Anyone seriously claiming they'd be 'utterly embarrassed' by a 20k crowd need to grow a pair!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'm guessing most of those moaning about ticket sales don't have many other priorities in life. Just after Christmas, on telly on a Monday night, extra hassle that goes with the fixture and evening fixtures, £25 to watch two reserve teams... pretty obvious why ticket sales are slow despite being palace. Anyone seriously claiming they'd be 'utterly embarrassed' by a 20k crowd need to grow a pair!

This is North Stand Chat. I'm guessing you're new around these parts.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Modern football is so shit. A half empty stadium in an FA Cup game in the top flight against our biggest rivals. 30,000 watching us play Burnley in the league.

How has this happened? I don't understand it.

Quite simple really, who wants to watch the Albion reserves play Palace reserves in what has largely become a meaningless competition as clubs chase the goal of simply staying with their snouts in the Premier League trough!

Beside that, not everyone subscribes to the arch rivals nonsense...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

As soon as this draw happened I thought we’ll do well for a 20k crowd... don’t know what people expect?! They obviously haven’t paid much attention to our usual cup gates, or the majority of cup gates in the country!

el punal

Where are all these people going to come from for this one, when they didn't bother with the league game?

And then you factor in: Lacking cash, cold, Monday night, on TV, reserves.

Early days still. Christmas around the corner. Four important League games to play before. I think there will be a lot of late ticket takers near the time.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Cold, Monday, t.v. ain't a good enough excuse I'm afraid

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

It is for me. What I terrible fan I am. Or is it that Albion aren't my top priority in life ?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm not going as it stands. Albion fan for approaching 40 years, season ticket holder at all of the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean and the Amex, I took a week off work to campaign in the "Yes Yes" referendum, co-edited an Albion fanzine and I've run an Albion website for 17 years or so.

It's one of my mate's birthdays and he's also a long-standing Albion STH. We said to him: choose what you want to do, and we'll do the same. He chose going to the pub instead of the Amex and that's what we'll do. I'd have done either, but I'm not bothered one way or the other.

This is many people's feeling...not bothered about a cup which could be a distraction to our league form and possible safety. Happy to field a group of u21s and loose, saying that I'll be there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here