Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm not going as it stands. Albion fan for approaching 40 years, season ticket holder at all of the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean and the Amex, I took a week off work to campaign in the "Yes Yes" referendum, co-edited an Albion fanzine and I've run an Albion website for 17 years or so.

It's one of my mate's birthdays and he's also a long-standing Albion STH. We said to him: choose what you want to do, and we'll do the same. He chose going to the pub instead of the Amex and that's what we'll do. I'd have done either, but I'm not bothered one way or the other.
Ok *some people's excuses are laughable

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I'm not going as it stands. Albion fan for approaching 40 years, season ticket holder at all of the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean and the Amex, I took a week off work to campaign in the "Yes Yes" referendum, co-edited an Albion fanzine and I've run an Albion website for 17 years or so.

It's one of my mate's birthdays and he's also a long-standing Albion STH. We said to him: choose what you want to do, and we'll do the same. He chose going to the pub instead of the Amex and that's what we'll do. I'd have done either, but I'm not bothered one way or the other.

No need to excuse yourself, I'm getting my mum to send a note. :xmas:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Where are all these people going to come from for this one, when they didn't bother with the league game?

And then you factor in: Lacking cash, cold, Monday night, on TV, reserves.

This is true it’s written that it will definitely be a freezing cold Monday night which will deter hoodlums

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Oh no! Your words hath wounded me sir! How ever will I sleep at night?
Take some of these
ddb44c894028a506c6ccdc953afe8672.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This is true it’s written that it will definitely be a freezing cold Monday night which will deter hoodlums
Cold, Monday, t.v. ain't a good enough excuse I'm afraid

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
if we don't get 20k+ for this it's an utter embarrassment to be honest. Our first season in the top flight since the 80's, an FA Cup 3rd round tie against our biggest rivals and a chance to get into the next round.

I've talked to Premier League 'fans' about our passionate rivalry with Palace, explained the history, told them stories about the hatred and i'll be utterly embarrassed coming back to them if they were to see thousands of empty seats on the box.

reserves, cold, £25, might be some loud bangs blah blah blah - some people need to switch to Bowls ffs.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
football world already mocks our rivalry with them.

A low crowd will just feed that thought.

Maybe it isn't a fierce rivalry after all the way people are just not bothered.

Me , I will be there. Hope its a needle game with needle on the pithc , needle outside and ultimately us victorious

Lets face it , good chance we will be bottom 3 by this game so be a lovely distraction and a chance to lift spirits

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
if we don't get 20k+ for this it's an utter embarrassment to be honest. Our first season in the top flight since the 80's, an FA Cup 3rd round tie against our biggest rivals and a chance to get into the next round.

I've talked to Premier League 'fans' about our passionate rivalry with Palace, explained the history, told them stories about the hatred and i'll be utterly embarrassed coming back to them if they were to see thousands of empty seats on the box.

reserves, cold, £25, might be some loud bangs blah blah blah - some people need to switch to Bowls ffs.
Well said that man!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

This was always going to happen, all our new season ticket holders from the past few years who have joined in these past relative glory years, we must be their second team, their not going to be interested in this on a cold winters night.

You can pretty much bet that those that sing "going up to win the cup" instead of "Stand or Fall" are the ones not showing up, how ironic eh.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
if we don't get 20k+ for this it's an utter embarrassment to be honest.

You may find you are never able to leave your house again. Make the most of living an embarrassment-free existence for the next few weeks.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

Like he said not a real fan lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011

Tend to agree, staying in the all-signing and all-dancing Premier League is all well and good but I'd rather us win the FA Cup just once in my lifetime than finish 17th year after year... in the process probably paying woeful foreign signings upwards of £50k a week in the next few years, taking this Football Club of ours even further away from us. I know Football has changed and I need to change with it (I say this as a 31 year old), but it blows...

If I supported Leicester I'd take relegation down the leagues on the chin having lived the impossible dream 18 months ago, they'll take that to the grave... different competition and all that but same point for me.

The FA Cup as a whole has been devalued in the last 10/15 years (semis at Wembley, managers resting players in every round including the final etc) but I'd still give my left ball to see us lift it just once... the best thing about being in the Premier League was getting to the Premier League.

But hey maybe we'll do the double of surviving and seeing Uwe lead us up the steps having steered our stiffs to cup final glory in May... maybe.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Modern football is so shit. A half empty stadium in an FA Cup game in the top flight against our biggest rivals. 30,000 watching us play Burnley in the league.

How has this happened? I don't understand it.

3pm Saturday, before Christmas v 8pm Monday night, in January.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If I supported Leicester I'd take relegation down the leagues on the chin having lived the impossible dream 18 months ago, they'll take that to the grave... different competition and all that but same point for me.

Which is exactly what the twats at Portsmouth FC did.

Good overall post btw, agree with all of it, although arguably at 31 you're still too young to remember when the FA Cup really did mean something, which is pre the 1990s I would say.

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
Which is exactly what the twats at Portsmouth FC did.

Good overall post btw, agree with all of it, although arguably at 31 you're still too young to remember when the FA Cup really did mean something, which is pre the 1990s I would say.

First cup final I remember infront of the box was Arsenal vs Sheff Weds in '93 (and the subsequent Thursday night replay). Those cup final Saturday's in the 90's will live with me despite my team not getting close to one.... that said, I don't doubt they were more special prior to that. I guess we all live with them rose-tinted spectacles on at times, but it's a shame to see its fall from grace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here