Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £115m

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Errrrr not really win win is it… ? More like he stays - he refuses to play and/or is excluded by Roberto for all the right reasons… following this afternoon’s press conference, I’d suggest the ONLY win is to sell him and fast.
.....and we would spend the next five months, reading and listening every hour of every day that he is lined up to go to.......( list queue of clubs )
He is a bad apple and we have got fantastic money for him. Sure, we've got rid of the Crown Jewels selling him and Mac and weakening our midfield, no question but the bloke had too many influences in his ear and the club couldn't fight that plus Caicedo's immaturity.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
BREAKING NEWS.
Brighton and Hove Albion have just announced that if Chelsea want the player the price of Moises Caicedo has now increased to £120m.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Amazing story really - the contrast between decaying slums, crime and poverty and the riches of playing for a top 6 Premier League team. Still, he should get used to the poverty, crime and decay and he’s always got Ali Mac to help him settle in there 😆😆!

There’s been a few of these tired, played out digs at Liverpool in this thread and I find it a bit weird. Especially when the stereotype is only there because the British government purposefully neglected the town.

There aren’t many places in the UK as similar to Brighton as Liverpool. Let’s leave all the poverty/bin dipper jokes to dull grey lifeless towns who are jealous.

We have sold all our 3 world class players now, jewels left now pervis, evan and kaoru of selling ageand high bids circa £ 50 m, we have had a great season but will do well to be anywhere near midtable now, thing is how does Roberto feel ? That is my biggest worry. This guy is ambitous and wants to win leagues and trophies, don't blame Bloom or Barber as at the end of the day everyone has a selling price but for how long can we unearth the gems we have ? The squad to lose the heart of the midfield this summer, well lets see what happens

Please don’t tell me you’re counting Trossard as World Class? :lolol:

FWIW, everyone who thinks we’ll finish bottom half, I managed to get 11/4 on it. Printing money if you think we’ll struggle that much.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Their reputations will remain intact through all of this… if he rejects Liverpool that’s not on Barber or Bloom.
I’m sure you’re right and that it would be managed in the correct manner from our side. That would be Caicedo explicitly saying he will not join Liverpool and them withdrawing from the process. I have been a staunch supporter of Caicedo throughout this saga on the basis we don’t know the facts. However if he puts Tony in that position he will deserve all the abuse he gets if he returns to the Amex playing for Chelsea.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My guess at this point is that Chelsea WILL pay the money and he'll go there.

This delay is all about giving Chelsea breathing room while they work out how to make it look like they haven't been shagged up the pooper by good old Uncle Tony, who absolutely owns them. And their purse strings.

Makes me chuckle to think of all those thick Chelsea turds from Africa on Twitter telling us they should just buy our club.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
There’s been a few of these tired, played out digs at Liverpool in this thread and I find it a bit weird. Especially when the stereotype is only there because the British government purposefully neglected the town.

There aren’t many places in the UK as similar to Brighton as Liverpool. Let’s leave all the poverty/bin dipper jokes to dull grey lifeless towns who are jealous.

Please don’t tell me you’re counting Trossard as World Class? :lolol:

FWIW, everyone who thinks we’ll finish bottom half, I managed to get 11/4 on it. Printing money if you think we’ll struggle that much.
Not at all. don’t like the atmosphere of the place, been there several times and enough times to form an opinion. Don’t like their whole anti-England stance, always the victims whatever the situation. They were not the only region neglected in the past, but the one that constantly looks back instead of looking forwards. You have a different opinion formed from different experiences I guess, fair enough, you are entitled to disagree but it doesn’t make your opinion any more or less valid than mine.

Edit - I did enjoy the Beatles tour and Formby. Plus the history of Birkenhead is interesting. That was about it.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
And if Chelsea don’t stump up he won’t play for us.
By January, no club will be willing to pay anywhere near £111m if he doesnt play between now and then, whether that be his choice or the clubs.
Will Caicedo be willing to go that long without playing? Will the club be happy with having a player not playing and his value going down and probably losing out on a shed load of money in the process?
Is Caicedo actually refusing to train/play? If he turns down Liverpool and Chelsea still dont bid further, the only way he plays for Brighton is to sack his agents and make a public statement/apology.

Still think he will either go to Liverpool or Chelsea will stump up the cash.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not at all. don’t like the atmosphere of the place, been there several times and enough times to form an opinion. Don’t like their whole anti-England stance, always the victims whatever the situation. They were not the only region neglected in the past, but the one that constantly looks back instead of looking forwards. You have a different opinion formed from different experiences I guess, fair enough, you are entitled to disagree but it doesn’t make your opinion any more or less valid than mine.

Edit - I did enjoy the Beatles tour and Formby. Plus the history of Birkenhead is interesting. That was about it.
You are entitled to your opinion. However I would say Liverpool is wonderful to visit, has the second largest number of protected buildings outside London and is fascinating historically. Its Irish heritage since Victorian times is unique in England as well. It was also the gateway to the new world for millions and was important in both the slave trade flourishing and it's abolition. I suspect, not that I am aiming this at you as I don't know you, that many people have a problem with the place as they harbour prejudice against the Irish and Catholics.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I like Liverpool, great city, but really??

Friendly, welcoming people with more than their fair share of eccentrics. Big nightlife/student culture, incredibly left leaning. A lot of it just down to the vibe I got though I guess which is hard to pin down.

Large chunks of the south are basically London-lite but without any real personality and I see Brighton as a lot closer to Liverpool than a lot of other Northern towns or cities. Obviously I haven’t visited everywhere but it’s one of the places I’ve felt most “at home”

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
You are entitled to your opinion. However I would say Liverpool is wonderful to visit, has the second largest number of protected buildings outside London and is fascinating historically. Its Irish heritage since Victorian times is unique in England as well. It was also the gateway to the new world for millions and was important in both the slave trade flourishing and it's abolition. I suspect, not that I am aiming this at you as I don't know you, that many people have a problem with the place as they harbour prejudice against the Irish and Catholics.
I’m glad you included that caveat. Maybe it does it explain the anti-English stance, something that I’m not aware exists in any other English city? I don’t think you have to dislike the English if you have an Irish background or vice versa. It seems plenty do though. We are generally lucky not to have the divide that you find in Glasgow or Belfast.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Fair enough.

You’re free to keep peddling the same shit banter from decades ago which is on the same level as Brighton gay jokes, and I’m free to think it makes you look like a classless idiot. Different strokes, and all that.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Friendly, welcoming people with more than their fair share of eccentrics. Big nightlife/student culture, incredibly left leaning. A lot of it just down to the vibe I got though I guess which is hard to pin down.

Large chunks of the south are basically London-lite but without any real personality and I see Brighton as a lot closer to Liverpool than a lot of other Northern towns or cities. Obviously I haven’t visited everywhere but it’s one of the places I’ve felt most “at home”
Yeah, I’m with you on all that. It is a great City, love going there. The people are a lot friendlier than us Southeners too, always a good laugh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here