[Albion] £115m

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
We’ll only sell to Chelsea if Liverpool withdraw their offer and pull out. I suspect they’ve got someone who can influence Moises and he’ll be contacting him shortly.

View attachment 164832
If Chelsea offer an acceptable fee, and Moises makes it clear to all three clubs that he wants to go to Chelsea, it would be utterly pointless for Liverpool to stay involved in the deal. And there is absolutely nothing stopping Chelsea from doing that.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
There's something very fishy about his insistence that he feels honour-bound to go to Chelsea because he agreed personal terms with them back in May. It's been proven that he and his agent have very little honour so there must be some under the counter stuff. Maybe houses and cars for his starving siblings in Ecuador(and for all the agent's relatives)?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There's something very fishy about his insistence that he feels honour-bound to go to Chelsea because he agreed personal terms with them back in May. It's been proven that he and his agent have very little honour so there must be some under the counter stuff. Maybe houses and cars for his starving siblings in Ecuador(and for all the agent's relatives)?

Doesn’t even have to be under the counter - maybe Chelsea have offered his agent a bigger commission.

Everything wrong with the game, players should pay their agents not clubs

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Why can't it happen? Brighton might want to honour the deal but if Moises has no intention of signing for Liverpool there's not much the club can do.
They can and will refuse to sell to Chelsea unless Liverpool walk away ?

Bloom is in charge not a jumped up agent or player.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sky Sports are still pushing the unsubstantiated line that Moises wants to go to Chelsea. Yesterday they kept on saying Kane staying at Spurs despite Bayern’s agreement with Spurs…they are just regurgitating spin and presenting it as fact.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
And no other club will join an auction with Brighton again. Tony and Paul value their reputations in football.
That kind of logic ends up with us never being able to sell though, Liverpool won an auction therefore we have to sell to them or no one.

If Caicado rejects their offer, tells them to feck off, and Liverpool come back to us to say Caicado doesn't want to join us we formally withdraw our offer, would it really be bad form, and do damage to Bloom and Barber's reputations, to put him up for sale again, or do we keep him forever, or some arbitrary period of time?

Its not Bloom and Barber messing around its the player and/or his agent.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Why would the club turn down £111m+ if Caicedo doesn't want to go to Liverpool? That's insane.
It depends how highly Bloom values his reputation. If he gets known for reneging on deals that is not a good look for all his businesses.

Liverpool would need to walk away first.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
That kind of logic ends up with us never being able to sell though, Liverpool won an auction therefore we have to sell to them or no one.

If Caicado rejects their offer, tells them to feck off, and Liverpool come back to us to say Caicado doesn't want to join us we formally withdraw our offer, would it really be bad form, and do damage to Bloom and Barber's reputations, to put him up for sale again, or do we keep him forever, or some arbitrary period of time?

Its not Bloom and Barber messing around its the player and/or his agent.
Yes, I suppose if Liverpool withdraw that would change things.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I would actually be really OK with him going to Chelsea for more than £110m. That way we can get closer to the golden '£1bn moved from Chelsea to Brighton'. I'm very keen we reach that number by 2025.

It's actually mind-blowing how pathetic Chelsea's football club management prowess is. Just literally splurging hundreds of millions like this, with no strategy.

Moises linking up with Alexis would be great for them, and in a way I wouldn't mind seeing that. But it would make Liverpool instantly a lot stronger than the net effect of Alexis at Liverpool and Moises at Chelsea.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I hope we have set Caicedo’s team a time deadline, get this done with Chelsea today or go to Liverpool today OR you are staying with us.
Me too. I was really impressed with his attitude after the January window closed but now he seems to be behaving like a plonker.
I know we have a huge amount of money coming in but if he rejects Liverpool and Chelsea don´t match the offer then I would love to see us say no deal you have a contract and we will hold you to it. In the cup games only.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Are they even allowed to discuss personal terms if no deal is agreed between the clubs?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Are they even allowed to discuss personal terms if no deal is agreed between the clubs?
I think not. I'd dig my heels in and sell to Liverpool then sue Chelsea for tapping up the player for even more cash.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
New rumor from a Liverpool source (yes could be rubbish) says MC will accept Liverpool if Chelsea won't match agreed fee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports