Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 11 vs 15 today

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Only way the ref could have bought anything more from them was if he’d done a trolley dash in their club shop

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Naylor is a conartist stealing money from the Athletic by pretending to be a reporter. The good thing about him being at The Athletic is that now all his pieces are behind a pay wall. No one will accidentally stumble a cross his shit like they used to when he worked at The Arsegas and all was visible.
He mistakes engagement through trolling for genuine engagement.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Absolutely pathetic from start to finish. Fell for all their time wasting tricks. It’s a shame Villa resorted to anti football as they were decent in spells. We played well once we were chasing the game and changed formation - one of those. And to make matters worse, it seems we had a clear pen not given too. But look, above Chelski and the scum for Christmas - 3 wins in a row before todays shambles of a game from the officials and Aston Villa - plenty to be cheery about.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I can't see how he lost control of the game. The players were losing control of their own composure. And Villa players were happy to take 'one for the team'. It was frustrating. It's just one of those (annoying) things.
For comparison I thought he totally lost the game - although never had control. Some of them are so THICK not to see all the timewasting tricks that everyone else can see…

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Martiez alone could have been booked about seven times for timewasting

Seems Villa have a time wasting coach. The guy with the long blond hair was holding his arms up, and indicating to Martinez when to take the goal or free kick. Seems they have worked out the optimum time they can waste before the keeper gets a yellow card.

Loke their fouling and becoming injured all too cynical for my taste.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I thought they were alright for a while, but Villa started time-wasting with like 35 minutes left. With some of the most comical stuff I've ever seen. Massive grocks hitting the deck and their keeper* was outrageous. The problem was the ref only seemed to cotton on to it about 10 mons from the end and started dishing out yellows then.

*I'm still absolutely furious about Trossard giving them the ball back. Half an hour of shithousing we'd endured by that point. It was barely even a game of football, before their keeper kicks the ball out and throws himself on to the floor after a routine save. Only to miraculously recover a minute later. It needed a strong captain with some balls to give Tross rhe nod and accept the consequences.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
At the game I thought Villa were appalling at time wasting and committing niggling fouls - however the ref booked a lot of them and added 8 minutes extra time . However, I have just seen the foul on Solly and that is a blatant penalty - shocking that it wasn't given.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Feels like another defeat so another referee thread. Seven Villa players were booked. None met the red card mark.

We should have had a penalty, but that was a VAR issue if the ref was unsighted.

Albion lost today because they failed to break down a team playing attritional football. We were poor.

It was a very cynical game at times with a lot of annoying fouls on both sides. I found it really frustrating. But I had no problem with the ref.
not really happy to call out the ref no matter what result ..the officials were poor (I count VAR as a ref)…cynical is not the half of it as regards to Villa and seven yellows ….plus the falling to the ground ….fracas re substitutions …it’s not the football I like to watch …beaten by a side playing ‘football’ I can take

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Absolutely pathetic from start to finish. Fell for all their time wasting tricks. It’s a shame Villa resorted to anti football as they were decent in spells. We played well once we were chasing the game and changed formation - one of those. And to make matters worse, it seems we had a clear pen not given too. But look, above Chelski and the scum for Christmas - 3 wins in a row before todays shambles of a game from the officials and Aston Villa - plenty to be cheery about.
As for Martinez feigning injury, when he dived…… I mean FFS!

Anyone else think Trossard was trying to put them back in the corner and missed?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yes. I’ve also watched enough football in my life to know successful teams generally have strikers that can manage 1 goal before Christmas between them.
We’re in 7th at Christmas. Would you say that isn’t successful for a club in our position?

Strikers went out of fashion years ago, good ones are so hard to find that teams found a way to play without them. I struggle to see why so many fans can’t grasp this. Stick a great striker like Glenn Murray in this team, how do you think he’d get on?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The officials in the PL are well below par on a good day, nothing new.

VAR is basically part of a dark International betting syndicate. . . . Nothing to do with sport.

today was very bad . . . . We played poorly and sadly got what we deserved.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
The cheating by Martinez in particular was disgusting. Villa have gone right up there on my list of teams I want to beat next season (although seem to remember saying that last year too!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here