Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 11 vs 15 today

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
It always comes back to football's needing to change how it timekeeps: 35 mins each way ( or whatever) clock only ticks when the ball is in play= the arguments stop.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Have you seen our recent scorelines!
Yes. I’ve also watched enough football in my life to know successful teams generally have strikers that can manage 1 goal before Christmas between them.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
ok ...please tell me , who was on VAR duty ....Mason , Dean...?? some other northern fuckwhit...?
It was the Aussie knob Gerrald Gillett, who has been reffing in the Prem 1 season

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That was FOREST levels of buffoonery from Villa today. The problem is, it's very very effective. Breaks the game up, stops all flow and momentum, and absolutely ruins it as a spectacle.

I don't really know what can be done about it. Even if you ensure the clock it stopped for every second the ball is "dead" through these antics so the time is properly played out, it doesn't stop the game being destroyed. Which is the primary objective of teams like Forest and Villa when they're hanging on for a result.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Note the name of the tweeter!

1668358001316.png

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I can't see how he lost control of the game. The players were losing control of their own composure. And Villa players were happy to take 'one for the team'. It was frustrating. It's just one of those (annoying) things.
he allowed martinez far too much leniency before booking him, one he started so did the rest of them. also really not sure that foul by trossard before he scored was actually a foul, seemed very soft.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Vid removed. The still pretty conclusive.

Naylor is a conartist stealing money from the Athletic by pretending to be a reporter. The good thing about him being at The Athletic is that now all his pieces are behind a pay wall. No one will accidentally stumble a cross his shit like they used to when he worked at The Arsegas and all was visible.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
That was FOREST levels of buffoonery from Villa today. The problem is, it's very very effective. Breaks the game up, stops all flow and momentum, and absolutely ruins it as a spectacle.

I don't really know what can be done about it. Even if you ensure the clock it stopped for every second the ball is "dead" through these antics, it doesn't stop the game being destroyed. Which is the primary objective of teams like Forest and Villa when they're hanging on for a result.

I don't think anything can really be done, a ref with some balls would help, but I also don't think teams who play this way will progress, at best they will stand still treading water slowly drowning.

Players will lose morale, players won't want to join a team like that, at least high calibre players
It can't be fun or enjoyable, I guess there must be some satisfaction though and they will still get paid.

Ultimately the fans will get bored, and/or the board unhappy when relegation inevitably catches up with them.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I don't really know what can be done about it. Even if you ensure the clock it stopped for every second the ball is "dead" through these antics so the time is properly played out, it doesn't stop the game being destroyed. Which is the primary objective of teams like Forest and Villa when they're hanging on for a result.
Oh I think Villa were a level above Forest in terms of ‘buffoonery’’ …bunch of wankers

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Ref's aren't going to ever magically get better. Villa aren't ever going to magically stop being c****

The only thing in our power to prevent Villa and other similar sides getting more than they deserve at the amex is to stop giving them easy goals and stop missing easy chances. We won't see them timewaste if they are 4 nil down

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Feels like another defeat so another referee thread. Seven Villa players were booked. None met the red card mark.

We should have had a penalty, but that was a VAR issue if the ref was unsighted.

Albion lost today because they failed to break down a team playing attritional football. We were poor.

It was a very cynical game at times with a lot of annoying fouls on both sides. I found it really frustrating. But I had no problem with the ref.
I don't think he made any howlers, and it was certainly the case that Villa won most of the 50-50s, which we're normally much better at.
The Solly incident I can accept was down to VAR. But Kavanagh facilitated anti-football. He didn't have to. He could have cracked down on it, but he didn't. And for that, it was a dreadful performance.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
And he is consistently atrocious when he is on VAR duties. By a mile the worst VAR official we have and in a world where Lee Mason and Mike Dean are the amongst the others that's an amazing achievement. Truly truly awful - almost every decision wrong.
It was the Aussie knob Gerrald Gillett, who has been reffing in the Prem 1 season

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Thought the ref was awful today, for both sides. Did the opposite of ‘let the game flow’ and completely ruined it. I just don’t see how difficult it is to get a grip on a team wasting time like that, it’s just not that hard. Go up to the Captain and say I know exactly what you’re doing, I will 100% give out a red card if one of you does it twice.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thought the ref was awful today, for both sides. Did the opposite of ‘let the game flow’ and completely ruined it. I just don’t see how difficult it is to get a grip on a team wasting time like that, it’s just not that hard. Go up to the Captain and say I know exactly what you’re doing, I will 100% give out a red card if one of you does it twice.
Never in my lifetime have I seen a player red carded for timewasting. The yellow is usually brandished too late for a 2nd one to come out.

It'll never happen. Which is why players do it with impunity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here