Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 11 vs 15 today

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Can never win when you play against 11 and the 4 officials playing for the opposition. Some truly woeful decisions today
I listened to the first half on Five Live and even the commentary was biased towards Villa. Watched second half and the non VAR penalty was an unbelievably clear and obvious error.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Can never win or get a result when you play against 11 and the 4 officials playing for the opposition. Some truly woeful decisions today
have to agree , Kavanagh is a f***ing disgrace , not even a look at the monitor for our penalty shout and Villa just playing anti football ......brummie ****s , f*** 'em , time wasting twatts and worth noting that although there were 8 minutes of extra time played he did not play one second over that despite booking martinez for time wasting .....its just a bad joke , pathetic.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
have to agree , Kavanagh is a f***ing disgrace , not even a look at the monitor for our penalty shout
The on-field ref can’t choose to look at the screen as and when he chooses - he has to be instructed to do so by the VAR official at Stockley Park.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Feels like another defeat so another referee thread. Seven Villa players were booked. None met the red card mark.

We should have had a penalty, but that was a VAR issue if the ref was unsighted.

Albion lost today because they failed to break down a team playing attritional football. We were poor.

It was a very cynical game at times with a lot of annoying fouls on both sides. I found it really frustrating. But I had no problem with the ref.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Feels like another defeat so another referee thread. Seven Villa players were booked. None met the red card mark.

We should have had a penalty, but that was a VAR issue if the ref was unsighted.

Albion lost today because they failed to break down a team playing attritional football. We were poor.

It was a very cynical game at times with a lot of annoying fouls on both sides. I found it really frustrating. But I had no problem with the ref.
Martiez alone could have been booked about seven times for timewasting

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
When you have Welbeck and Undav as strikers you can’t expect goals. Both beyond terrible today

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

he totally lost control of the game. applied nowhere near enough added time after the 8 had elapsed, also seemed very beholden to villa throwing themselves on the floor and adding a few rolls for good measure

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Refs have a tendency not to punish time wasting early doors. So he did get away with that.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
he totally lost control of the game. applied nowhere near enough added time after the 8 had elapsed, also seemed very beholden to villa throwing themselves on the floor and adding a few rolls for good measure
I can't see how he lost control of the game. The players were losing control of their own composure. And Villa players were happy to take 'one for the team'. It was frustrating. It's just one of those (annoying) things.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I was just saying to my other half that I'd love for some maverick ref to actually apply the poxy rules early doors.

Martinez should have been booked early in the 2nd half and then bloody well sent off near the end with a SECOND yellow.

If goalies start actually getting binned off for their timewasting it will stop.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The on-field ref can’t choose to look at the screen as and when he chooses - he has to be instructed to do so by the VAR official at Stockley Park.
ok ...please tell me , who was on VAR duty ....Mason , Dean...?? some other northern fuckwhit...?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ref wasn't great, and nor were Villa with their anti football, but the ref didn't lose us the game today. One to just write off as a bad day at the office I think.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Ref wasn't great, and nor were Villa with their anti football, but the ref didn't lose us the game today. One to just write off as a bad day at the office I think.
Definitely. And we know that. Players will have bad games, teams will have bad days.

But referees are meant to be capable of applying set laws and rules. Today they did not do that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here