Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 11 vs 15 today

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We’re in 7th at Christmas. Would you say that isn’t successful for a club in our position?

Strikers went out of fashion years ago, good ones are so hard to find that teams found a way to play without them. I struggle to see why so many fans can’t grasp this. Stick a great striker like Glenn Murray in this team, how do you think he’d get on?
I don’t think we need a Gary Loadsagoals - just someone who can get us 8-10 like Maupay did, but also expect the goals we’ve seen from Trossard, Mac, Gross as well to move us from 9th-12th to 6th-8th.

The top 7 PL scorers are all what I’d classify as strikers, 3 of which play for Leeds, Brentford & Fulham so I don’t think expecting a couple of goals from a striker 14 games in is that unrealistic

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I was just saying to my other half that I'd love for some maverick ref to actually apply the poxy rules early doors.

Martinez should have been booked early in the 2nd half and then bloody well sent off near the end with a SECOND yellow.

If goalies start actually getting binned off for their timewasting it will stop.
equally the slow walking off.... if the ref decided it was misconduct they could book them and if that was a second offence then there off and no substitution. 7 yellows does nothing for us , a 5 minute sin bin per booking would have helped.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Apart from Martinez (really enjoyed him going down clutching his face in agony after making a routine save), the most exceptional piece of time-wasting was by Douglas Luiz. The board went up for him to be substituted and it was announced he was going off, and he just stood like a statue in the middle of the pitch. There were a number of other subs at the same time (both sides I think) and he still didn't move. It was only after the ref prompted him, he began to walk. I reckon it was a good 2-3 minutes before he left the pitch. Disgraceful.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
he allowed martinez far too much leniency before booking him, one he started so did the rest of them. also really not sure that foul by trossard before he scored was actually a foul, seemed very soft.
Surprised he was still playing after the injury he sustained making a text book save

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Surprised he was still playing after the injury he sustained making a text book save
That whole passage was an absolute joke. Went down snipered a few seconds after making a comfortable save. Then once he was finally back up, villa spent an age making one sub, then another. About 5/6 mins before play restarted again. Football's so shit when it descends into a farce like that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It may be controversial but I’d drop Welbeck and play Undav for a couple of games :shrug:

Welbeck looked well off the pace to me today, he should not be comfortably picked when he scores less than Maupay. No glaring misses today but he is in barn door mode.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
That whole passage was an absolute joke. Went down snipered a few seconds after making a comfortable save. Then once he was finally back up, villa spent an age making one sub, then another. About 5/6 mins before play restarted again. Football's so shit when it descends into a farce like that.
There were just whole sections where it stopped being an actual match and turned into interminable admin.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
It may be controversial but I’d drop Welbeck and play Undav for a couple of games :shrug:

Welbeck looked well off the pace to me today, he should not be comfortably picked when he scores less than Maupay. No glaring misses today but he is in barn door mode.
Except… Undav appears to be not great.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The biggest errors of the day were Dunk sliding in to concede a pen, then MacA being caught in possession for their second.

Without those errors we’re not talking about the officials.
Dunk slid in but Ings dived before he reached Dunk's legs.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
The biggest errors of the day were Dunk sliding in to concede a pen, then MacA being caught in possession for their second.

Without those errors we’re not talking about the officials.
Agreed. We gifted it to Villa, although they gave one to us as well 😃 godawful game. So frustrating.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Like most Villa players, McGinn spends the majority of their matches falling over with minimal contact. He knew exactly what he was doing for the penalty but Dunk’s silly tackle made it easy for him to win it.

It’s been shown that the ball is play for around 50 minutes on average during Aston Villa matches yet referees still do nothing about it.

If I was a Villa fan I’d be pretty disappointed that my team played like that considering they have one of the biggest playing budgets in the league.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yes we were poor and deserved nothing, but the officials were a disgrace. Book their keeper early for time wasting and the rest doesn’t happen. The ref got played and didn’t have control of the game, it was embarrassing.
The game would have been seen by millions over the world and the level shown by the officials was laughable.
Still can’t work out why Tross gave them the ball back after their keeper feigned injury

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here