Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1,000 tickets still available for Portsmouth on Saturday

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I think the club need to look at the length of the priority periods. Each period should only be 2 or 3 days at most, that's planty of time. These should've gone on general sale last monday

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm on holiday - otherwise I'd go.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Can't wait for this, personally, bar the first couple of home games i'm still more excited about travelling to away matches. Just something about it that I find more enjoyable and probably always will. Unfortunately though will be able to afford to do so far less this season, but will still travel when I can.

Me +5/6 are going Saturday, very suprised it's not sold out.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I'm going, but expect many will think that compared to the Amex, Fratton Park is a run down dirty shithole.

Think we may just win next week though....

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm getting asked all these questions by friends of my son's who were 'artificial plastics'* but now want to go and see Brighton. I'm not too sure of all the answers myself, so can someone tell me if anybody buy a ticket for Portsmouth or have you got to be a STH, have a purchase history or be a member of some scheme?

*They said they supported teams like Arsenal and Chelsea but unlike 'real' plastics not only had they not been to the grounds they didn't even bother watching them on Sky.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm getting asked all these questions by friends of my son's who were 'artificial plastics'* but now want to go and see Brighton. I'm not too sure of all the answers myself, so can someone tell me if anybody buy a ticket for Portsmouth or have you got to be a STH, have a purchase history or be a member of some scheme?

*They said they supported teams like Arsenal and Chelsea but unlike 'real' plastics not only had they not been to the grounds they didn't even bother watching them on Sky.

from 10am this morning, anybody. I think.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Really?

Times are tight for many of us, I fully appreciate, but I'm always surprised to read comments like yours. The tickets were never going to be less than £25, so does the extra fiver really sway the go/no go decision especially since, regardless of the cost of the match ticket, you'll also have transport costs and, possibly, food and drink to buy too.

So a match ticket costing £30 instead of £25 may push the cost of your day out up from £50 to £55, or something like that.

It's a psychological barrier for me, and yes money is tight, plus train, food etc.. I'm surprised you're surprised, you must have a barrier somewhere - would you pay £75?

I know it's only an extra fiver, but it's a line you have to draw sometimes, and yes, probably means I'll be priced out of many of the away games - mind you I'll pay it when we go to Selhurst....

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Also, I am surprised this han't sold out already, I'm guessing I'm not the only one thinking about the price of it...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think that people are giving it a miss because they are getting their game every other week at home, and spending a decent amount of cash there too. Many of our away fans didnt bother with Withdean at all or only rarely in seasons gone by, and now it is going to be a real financial squeeze to do those and home games.

Incidently, we didnt sell out Pompey last time we played them away in the Championship by a few hundred tickets.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I would imagine holidays would be factor, given that a lot of people probably deliberately avoided booking a trip this weekend just gone to guarantee being there for the 1st Amex game.

We should have had an additional priorty period starting on say Friday at 10am for those fans with 20 points. It could have encouraged a few extra Carling Cup sales and got the tickets out the door a bit sooner.

However, somoene said they were 40 in the queue earlier, so I reckon these will all be gone by tomorrow. 40 calls an hour, 2 tix average sale means half of those left being sold via the phones alone today, let alone walk ups and net sales.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
WE're going to sell 2500 tickets plus. Don't you reckon our away support has an upper limit (for league games), which is reached whether its Pompey or Orient?

normally around the 3k mark for localish games mind isn't it?

but these last few months are understandably expensive - throw in Season Ticket Payment , home match expenses (Misc stuff) , shirts, travel vouchers - PLUS the fact of it's two aways in a week , with the latter of the two being a new ground which may be more enticing - it's understandable

plus it's "Pride" weekend , and apparently we're all Poofs ...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I hope we do sell out as Pompey think they are massive and have the best away support on the south. Not selling out only gives them twats more reason to think of us as small time. 2.5k would be alright though

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
so how are peeps getting down to pompey, buses, cars or train..

train for me...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here