Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1,000 tickets still available for Portsmouth on Saturday

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I am going as my folks live near but to be honest I can totally understand why many would give it a sweve at £30 to sit in a shithole.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
so with 1,000 left that must mean we have over 2,000 going already?,quietly confident we will sell out.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So much for the concerns over not being able to get one then!!!

I suspect the AMEX factor will see away support slipping a bit actually.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
You're so bitter. And also you really do love our forum a bit too much. Think it's about time you jogged on.

Was obviously a bit of sarcasm. I think he's actually one of the more clued up away fans on here and talks abit of sense. Can always do with those types on here!

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Will be buying four tickets tomorrow morning, I reckon we will be close to selling out.

D

Deleted member 18477

Was obviously a bit of sarcasm. I think he's actually one of the more clued up away fans on here and talks abit of sense. Can always do with those types on here!

well he can come back just before we play donny at their place! im bored of donny fans for now. looking forward to a bit of bant with the pompey ones after this weekend!

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Already got mine. After going on general sale, I think we will sell out. I think we will be in good voice for this one.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Im massively confused about this one, just dont understand why its so slow on sales.

It's our closest game, second biggest away game of the season and also the first away game of the season.

I know what people are saying about the £30 thing, but aslong as your not financially up poo creek and really cant afford it I'm afraid its just what your going to have to pay if you want to watch us away.

The only games that you will find will be a little cheaper will be the Barnsley's/Doncasters of the world and I reckon your looking at at leats £25 there anyway.

For me if it was £50 I'd go, simply because its POMPEY away, just dont get how people can miss this one, bla bla crap ground....if your going on that emphasis then you may aswell swerve palace away as that ground is a shi*hole too!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
£30 made the difference for me, though probably not the last time they'll be that much this year.

Really?

Times are tight for many of us, I fully appreciate, but I'm always surprised to read comments like yours. The tickets were never going to be less than £25, so does the extra fiver really sway the go/no go decision especially since, regardless of the cost of the match ticket, you'll also have transport costs and, possibly, food and drink to buy too.

So a match ticket costing £30 instead of £25 may push the cost of your day out up from £50 to £55, or something like that.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Cant go as i'm on holiday for that, was never gonna miss the first game at home so I go away for a week this Saturday, back with minutes to spare for the Blackpool game the following week! Would have gone if not for that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think they will sell out, but the sluggish speed at which they are shifting suggests that people are looking forward to home games more than away games for the first time since the first Withdean season.

I'm not going. Can't justify the expense now that I have a season ticket, even if it was convenient this weekend. And done Fratton too many times already. For those making the trip, it'll feel like 1986 on many levels, except the Pompey player salaries obviously.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] might have this right. Now that people can - and want to - go to home games, it will make going to away games in search of an atmosphere less pressing. So despite having more supporters, away support may suffer a bit.

Perhaps this week was also a bit unusual. So much focus on the first game at The Amex, I personally hadn't even thought about Pompey away until Sunday. Quite an unusual week - may be the cause of the slower than normal take up?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I can't get the day off, otherwise I would love to be there:(:annoyed::sick:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here