Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What can you get to stop cats shitting in your garden??

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
there was an NSC GOLD thread about this subject but its not in the Gold section :(

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wilkinsons do an effective little contraption that sends out a sound wave that apparently they do not like that runs off of the small oblong batteries. It is about £15 I think, my mother bought one and it works well.

There isnt a Wilkos in Brighton but would assume Dockerills will sell the same type of thing I think it is just called an electronic cat deterrent.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You can buy lion shit which I'm told is really good. Another method is to use orange peel as cats hate it.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Air gun ? Rat Poison ?

Had this problem once when somebody with 8 cats moved in next door but one.I bagged up the offending cat faeces and took it round to him.Told him next time I'd just tip it in his porch.

He built a pen.

Some people recommend a squirty bottle of water,but the dog hint is quite good also.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
dont under ANY circumstances get the annoying sound device that deters cats, they are not meant to be heard by the Human Ear but thats a load of bollocks cos I heard plenty in my old job, really irritating.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Wilkinsons do an effective little contraption that sends out a sound wave that apparently they do not like that runs off of the small oblong batteries. It is about £15 I think, my mother bought one and it works well.

There isnt a Wilkos in Brighton but would assume Dockerills will sell the same type of thing I think it is just called an electronic cat deterrent.

We've got one of those that we use on a worktop to stop the cats jumping up. You can also get them in Robert Dyas.

You can also get a similar device (operated by a movement sensor) that will squirt water when there is any movement. You attach it to a hosepipe in the garden. It's a bit more expensive, but cats don't like it up 'em.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
If you get your own cat it will scare off the other cats and it will shit in other gardens. Thats the theroy anyway.

It sort of work with us. Or if we ever saw other people cats in our gardens we just sprayed them with water.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here