Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker Adrian Colunga Signs Two Year Deal (Update)

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The club site definitely says an undisclosed fee, as usual, so presumably we paid for him not free

For all we know they could be saying that to make it look like we've been spending the Ulloa and Buckley money on fees but does it really matter? Signing good players is the important thing not how they got here.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The club site definitely says an undisclosed fee, as usual, so presumably we paid for him not free

Could it be that Getafe had an option to extend his contract and we've paid a release fee ? A similar scenario happened with Vicente who wanted to return to Spain and play for Elche but we invoked the option before he could leave for free.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
A big strong centre forward would be the final piece of the jigsaw for now.

It would certainly seem so:

GK - Stockdale, Ankergren, Walton
LB - Bennett, Chicksen
CH - Greer, Dunk, Hughes, Maksimenko
RB - Bruno, Calderon
DM - Holla, Ince, Toko
MID - Stephens, Crofts, JFC, Agustiein
AM - Lua Lua, Teixeira, March , McCourt
ST - CMS, Collonga, O'Grady, Fenelon

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
For those moaning about Colunga's height , we had a striker who was also 5'8" who did quite well in the blue and white stripes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a squad game etc but Grady must be wondering why he signed for us.
Only NSC Albion can go from being hopelessly under stocked with strikers to massively over loaded, with the signing of one player.

Great news to get another body in the trenches.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
McCourt is the signing that's puzzling me. Where does he fit in?
Doesn't puzzle me. 46 games and cup games. Injuries/suspensions/loss of form etc i'm sure Mccourt will get plenty of game time.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Getafe fans think he is lazy and useless on their forum.

people said that about Murray being lazy. He then went onto score 30 goals.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For all we know they could be saying that to make it look like we've been spending the Ulloa and Buckley money on fees but does it really matter? Signing good players is the important thing not how they got here.

Could it be that Getafe had an option to extend his contract and we've paid a release fee ? A similar scenario happened with Vicente who wanted to return to Spain and play for Elche but we invoked the option before he could leave for free.

I dont think it matters how much or little we pay for a player. What does matter is that he can do the job for which he is brought in to do. His record would suggest. that is the case

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
McCourt is the signing that's puzzling me. Where does he fit in?

A Tex type player who's going to put pressure on the player with the shirt, Sami has said he wants 2 players for every position and I think he fits the mould. The one I see as the odd one out is LuaLua.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
people said that about Murray being lazy. He then went onto score 30 goals.

He scored 7 goals in his first season at Palace, although one of them was against us.

He's not scored since his return from injury...yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here