Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Derby home crowd/tickets sold/seats remaining thread [Merged]

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Don't think being a Thursday night helps. I still don't understand why it couldn't be this weekend and next weekend. It would still leave a full week before the final.

Because 2 clubs trying to shift about 35,000 tickets within 6 or so days and with the FL trying to shift the rest to whoever - is a logistical nightmare ? Tickets need sending out, sales need to be staged to fans and other arrangements need making (branding in Wembley for the final, policing might be needed, travel from area of clubs etc).

The club is having problems selling tickets for the play-off semi and cant get them to people within 5 days - there would be NO chance of 35k tickets being sent out within 6 days either along with a staged selling process which would be needed because of demand.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Are you really sitting there watching the seat availability map? :ohmy:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
attachment.php
attachment.php
Got my ticket and programme, I even know the score, 1-1 Ward. The crowd was bigger than we will ever see at the Amex....33,601. Look at that Team, Moseley in goal and a Welsh defender. I'm glad they are not bringing that lot down tomorrow.

Started of well but then it was not so good.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Currently left:-

Edit - A further block of 100+ just been made available in E1H

Maybe I've not been keeping up but doesn't the fact that the club chose to show seats as unavailable and then progressively make them available (for reasons only known to them) make this exercise a little pointless?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Maybe I've not been keeping up but doesn't the fact that the club chose to show seats as unavailable and then progressively make them available (for reasons only known to them) make this exercise a little pointless?

Yes, truth is we never know how many are left at any one time, only what the club want us to think is left. All a bit pointless.
But it amuses some people that's the main thing.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Derby County have a very stylish ticket counter feature in their website.
[MENTION=15277]kingcole[/MENTION] must dream of such luxury :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Yes, truth is we never know how many are left at any one time, only what the club want us to think is left. All a bit pointless.

More dots to count on the seating plan is very therapeutic. Some seats have to be held back until they know for certain the sponsors don't need them or the FA aren't going to turn up as an "official delegation" :lol:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

More dots to count on the seating plan is very therapeutic. Some seats have to be held back until they know for certain the sponsors don't need them or the FA aren't going to turn up as an "official delegation" :lol:

OK ... not sure that the drip feeding of seats is to do with sponsors though :thumbsup:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Currently left:-

ESL: 302
ESU: 278
North: 338
WSL: 288
WSU: 390 (very surprised - these usually sell first)
Shelf: 160
South: 106

Edit - A further block of 100+ just been made available in E1H

Slightly disappointing there are almost 2000 tickets still left but on the other hand if someone had told me 5 years ago we would be drawing a crowd like that I would have laughed it off.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
'Scuse my ignorance, but what's the actual total capacity now we've added the shelf (and some in the upper SW?) since last season?

The attendance for the Palace play-off game last year was 29,518, btw - but not sure if there was more segregation.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
The shelf was there last season as used for some games towards the end. I don't believe capacity has risen this year? It all depends on the sterile section and how big it is as to how many tickets they can sell vs true capacity, i think.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
'Scuse my ignorance, but what's the actual total capacity now we've added the shelf (and some in the upper SW?) since last season?

The attendance for the Palace play-off game last year was 29,518, btw - but not sure if there was more segregation.

Capacity is now 30,250 I believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here