Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Derby home crowd/tickets sold/seats remaining thread [Merged]

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I am surprised that the school shelf has not sold better. If I had not already got tickets in EU, I would have been tempted.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Apart from 2 or 3 exceptions, the north only has singles now.
The East is only singles apart from the northern and southern most end.
The WSL is singles apart from the southern and a a few close to the north stand.
The south is singles apart from 2 or 3 exceptions.

Only area with decent blocks still available are the shelf, WSU (south end) and ESL (south end).

We are selling via all methods, right up to kick off, and for Derby fans as well, so a great opportunity to shift these. If needed, we can still grab a couple of hundred more from the segregation area that is currently the whole half of S1F. On the other side, I suspect the club will be keeping the rest of S1B and S1A available in case a load of Derby arrive late on.

Shame it wont be the 30k+ with minimal segregation, but it will be the highest number of bums on seats. Had it been a Friday night like last year, Im sure we would have flogged them all.

Put the word around. Great time for someone to experience the Amex tonight.

Looking forward to Sunday (after being tipped off about Derby's wonderful ticketing site) it does look like a full house of 32k+ for the Sunday game.

Bring em on

I counted this morning and there is 2.113 left. I don't think we will sell out but we are going to be really close a 29,000+ crowd is a good achievement for a scool and work night.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
whats our normal average for night games at the amex 26k? And with actual bums on seats probably 23k ? So the way i see it the club will have found around a extra 3k of ppl willing to part with thier dosh plus the away 3k rather than watch it on the telly , by the time we kick off there will prpbably be around 29k watching us play another playoff game

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
whats our normal average for night games at the amex 26k? And with actual bums on seats probably 23k ? So the way i see it the club will have found around a extra 3k of ppl willing to part with thier dosh plus the away 3k rather than watch it on the telly , by the time we kick off there will prpbably be around 29k watching us play another playoff game

That is a fair point. There is probably 2-3k of season ticket holders who never come to an evening game, that have to be replaced. And they will be paying cash.

Anything close to 29k will be a very good effort. And before we beat ourselves up it's worth remembering we are comfortably the best supported team in the Championship based on average attendance across the season.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
That is a fair point. There is probably 2-3k of season ticket holders who never come to an evening game..,......

This sort of comment makes me chuckle, you do realise that nationally there is a very normal 5-7% of ST holders who don't take their seats in any given game. Holiday, work, sickness, travel issues all contribute to what is NOT unique to us, and is not made up of the same people each week as some on here randomly assert.

Its normal.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This sort of comment makes me chuckle, you do realise that nationally there is a very normal 5-7% of ST holders who don't take their seats in any given game. Holiday, work, sickness, travel issues all contribute to what is NOT unique to us, and is not made up of the same people each week as some on here randomly assert.

Its normal.

Yes I know. The difference though is we have a very high proportion of the total crowd who are season ticket holders, hence the effect is much more in terms of bums on seats.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes I know. The difference though is we have a very high proportion of the total crowd who are season ticket holders, hence the effect is much more in terms of bums on seats.

My guesstimate is that we have somewhere near 10-12% of season ticket holders are absent for an Amex game, and I suspect that heads above 15% when you throw in some of these factors:

- evening game
- less attractive opposition
- poor weather

(I'm not suggesting we have those tonight)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
When you look at the swathes of unfilled seats across the nation, Prem and Football League, I think I will have to disagree, the effect is not 'MORE', it is diluted in singles and pairs across the stadium, not huge blocks of unsold seats as it is almost everywhere else.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My guesstimate is that we have somewhere near 10-12% of season ticket holders are absent for an Amex game, and I suspect that heads above 15% when you throw in some of these factors:

- evening game
- poor weather

- game shown on TV

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

- evening game
- poor weather

Agreed, for me and my mate who go together, there would normally be 6 of us for a Saturday match but tonight there will only be 2 of us since our kids have school tomorrow

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

- evening game
- poor weather

I am pretty sure todays game is an evening kick off. :)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm betting there'll also be empty spaces in the press box tonight because of the weather. Rain and laptops don't mix too well, and and the wifi is better in the press room.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They've released a load more tickets since I last checked (south corners of East and West lowers) but I'd assume that no more will be released and there are about 2070 tickets to sell.

So assuming 30,750 capacity and 250 seats for segregation then that's 28,500 sold now - but there will be the rest of the day to shift a few and a few sold at Brighton station. My guess is that it'll be around 29,200.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm betting there'll also be empty spaces in the press box tonight because of the weather. Rain and laptops don't mix too well, and and the wifi is better in the press room.

Is the press box at the Amex particularly bad in this regard compared to similar stadia?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

It makes you wonder why jounalists need to go to the match at all. You get interviews on telly as well. Could just stay at home and pretty much do their job from there. Particularly the nationals who just write a short summary report.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

the rain will have stopped before then anyway, so no excuse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here