Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Derby home crowd/tickets sold/seats remaining thread [Merged]

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What is 'quite unbelievable' is that a club who struggled to get 6,000 through the door just a few seasons ago are now pushing for a 30,000 gate and are the best supported club in the football league.

Commander, why are you so hard on this football club ? You will recall that despite being in the lowest league, Brighton sold out Withdean for what 3 or 4 seasons, despite all of the Archer nonsense and the serial decline of the club from 1984 onwards. What is incredible is the campaign the fans undertook and the thousands that travelled every week to Gillingham. To answer your direct point, its not incredible that a club who got 34000 at home to the likes of Rochdale in the third division, can get the crowds they do. As for Thursday, well nigh on 29000/30000 in this economic climate for a midweek play off game on telly isn't so shabby especially with the lack of car parks around the ground.[/QUOTE]

I'm not hard on us at all, I'm usually one of the most positive people on here. We've had 30,000+ crowds about 8 times in our 113 year history, and our average crowd has probably been under 10,000. You hark back to the Goldstone days as if we played every game in front of 25,000 in an electric atmosphere. We didn't. We used to struggle to get 15,000 in the top flight sometimes. It is unbelievable how the club has come on since the Amex was built, we are a far bigger club now than we were in the late 70's and early 80's. Getting close to 30,000 regularly now is an amazing turnaround, and one that no other club has ever achieved in this country.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They've confirmed that the mobile shop will be selling them at Brighton station tomorrow :clap:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
attachment.php
attachment.php
Got my ticket and programme, I even know the score, 1-1 Ward. The crowd was bigger than we will ever see at the Amex....33,601. Look at that Team, Moseley in goal and a Welsh defender. I'm glad they are not bringing that lot down tomorrow.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Don't think being a Thursday night helps. I still don't understand why it couldn't be this weekend and next weekend. It would still leave a full week before the final.

It's because Sky want to fill every night with football.

Pretty slow day for home sales.

Reports from Derby suggest there are only 100 away seats left for tomorrows game. .

The club are now selling to anyone. Maybe they have a few dozen for any Derby fans that would like to pay on the day.

With another 27 hours to kick off, there is certainly the potential to shift a few more. I know for some games, I was not up for it and then only decided on the actual day. Hopefully some others will do the same.

Still the best part of 2000 home seats showing as available. Shame, as we could have sold these and then some by reducing the sterile areas.

If we can't fill a play off semi then I think that really scuppers any talk of needing more seats - and this is one where the home team are filling their section.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Still the best part of 2000 home seats showing as available. Shame, as we could have sold these and then some by reducing the sterile areas.

Sorry, I don't understand

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Reports from Derby suggest there are only 100 away seats left for tomorrows game. .

The club are now selling to anyone. Maybe they have a few dozen for any Derby fans that would like to pay on the day.

With another 27 hours to kick off, there is certainly the potential to shift a few more. I know for some games, I was not up for it and then only decided on the actual day. Hopefully some others will do the same.

If we can't fill a play off semi then I think that really scuppers any talk of needing more seats - and this is one where the home team are filling their section.
I am surprised that it seems like it won't sell out.

A key issue is "short notice"... I'm sure that none of the marginal people had made any plans about attending the Play-Offs before it was confirmed on Saturday. For a lot of people the relatively short notice to sort out time off work, childcare, travel arrangements etc, etc will now be a telling factor.

If/when we are in Premier League then we will have a lot of sold out games at present capacity.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Step back a fortnight and what we now have is a midweek match at surprisingly short notice.
If the ST was say £10 higher with a 'free' playoff game inc (if appropriate) it would be a sellout by now with FAR less management & admin, big queue warning hassle etc etc

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Its not brain surgery is it?...

1) School night
2) Historic evening game travel shenanigans
3) 1st leg, nothing gets resolved Thursday.
4) Some antipathy due to stumbling into 6th.
5) Live on TV
6) Short notice.

If the game was a weekend, it would be standing room only in very quick order.

28-29k is good.

I will see you all there.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
If it was at the weekend, I'm sure it would have sold out. At least the empty seats will be dotted around so the ground should look pretty full, which will hopefully make it a good atmosphere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here