Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal and Stephens to be offered extended contracts

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Kayal will stay, Stephens will force a move.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That is too logical for a footballer or his agent to take in, most are only interested in what offer is already on the table.
Too much for an agent to take in? It's their very well paid job to know all the intricacies of contract negotiations.

Oh sorry, it's you. Carry on.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hang on, I thought anything that Andy Naylor/The Argus wrote was a load of rubbish?

I've not seen this mentioned on NSC before now, so WHERE are they getting these stories from? :moo:
He may have completely made it up, but it's a pretty safe bet anyway. Of course we'll offer them new contracts.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
My guess is that Kayal will sign a new deal. He seems very matey with Bloom and others at the club, and plays alongside his best mate.

I am less confident about Stephens signing - his agent forever puts out tales of him wanting to move North, and the twitter nonsense about Burnley wanting him may not be complete fabrication.

Hope they both sign.

I would be more confident the other way round. Stephens I always jokingly refer to as ''Golden Boy'' of the team because when fit he always plays. Kayal on the other hand can be a little moody. He actually would like to play a bit further forward than the role he had to play last year and he might get promised that by another team; however, I think he will sign as well because he likes it at the club and he was genuinely touched at winning Player of the year.

So for me both of them will ultimately sign but there is nothing ever certain in football.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not unless he gets a better offer... and im pretty optimistic that both won't

I'm sure his agent will be pushing hard to better that. Let's not forget the 'deal' when he came here

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
My guess is that Kayal will sign a new deal. He seems very matey with Bloom and others at the club, and plays alongside his best mate.

I am less confident about Stephens signing - his agent forever puts out tales of him wanting to move North, and the twitter nonsense about Burnley wanting him may not be complete fabrication.

Hope they both sign.
I share your thinking. I believe Beram will sign but I'm less confident about Stephens especially with the rumours of Burnley's interest. Both could drag out though to the end of August as is often the way with the transfer window and negotiating these days.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I share your thinking. I believe Beram will sign but I'm less confident about Stephens especially with the rumours of Burnley's interest. Both could drag out though to the end of August as is often the way with the transfer window and negotiating these days.

Hence why we should get Sidwell signed up, either as a replacement for Stephens or a squad player who will get plenty of games. Really hope we can get Stephens to sign but will understand if Burnley or the like come in with an offer to double his wages. Just hope it's not because he doesn't feel wanted, as Barnes has since stated since he left. The club appear to have fecked up there but times and recruitment people have changed since then.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hence why we should get Sidwell signed up, either as a replacement for Stephens or a squad player who will get plenty of games. Really hope we can get Stephens to sign but will understand if Burnley or the like come in with an offer to double his wages. Just hope it's not because he doesn't feel wanted, as Barnes has since stated since he left. The club appear to have fecked up there but times and recruitment people have changed since then.
Can't see Sidwell signing before July 1st as Stoke will still be paying him PL wages in June.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
We should also be lining someone like Alan Judge up as a possible replacement

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Can't see Sidwell signing before July 1st as Stoke will still be paying him PL wages in June.

He can't sign before then anyway as the transfer window doesn't open until July 1st (and his Stoke contract will run to then anyway). We could announce he's going to sign when the window opens if agreement has been made though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here