Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
What point are you trying to make? This is Ryanair parking two aircraft in Luton - nothing more. Thing about aircraft is they're quite easy to move.....

I don't normally talk to strangers without being introduced,but as Plooks hasn't turned up then I will make an exception.I'm trying to highlight Ryanair's continued investment in British airports and routes to counteract the Euro groupies constant negativity.They have also recently invested in Southend.Why bother if they think the whole country will be under a blanket flying ban?There is plenty of airport parking space around Europe,lots of room at Berlin Brandenburg.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You cant be this dim.
The deal in question is the trade arrangements post brexit, not the withdrawal deal.
There is a clear defined process. There is the withdrawal deal/agreement , which will be voted on by our parliament and the EU parliament. This will be accompanied by an outline framework agreement or arrangement on the future relationship /partnership (the trade part if you like) This process is clearly layed out in article 50.
As this(future relationship) is simply an overall outlook on future trade it will come as a political agreed statement that does not require ratification.
This framework or outline agreement on the future relationship/partnership will then be converted and concluded during the implementation period (agreed via the withdrawal agreement) into a Free Trade Agreement, this is the finalised trade deal. This is what both sides are working towards.
Some remainers, including on here have recognised it would be stupid to have a peoples vote purely on the withdrawal agreement when trade terms have not been finalised, and are only at an outline stage, and that this peoples vote must come when trade has been finally agreed. Lets face it remainers are fully about the economy and trade, it would be daft for them to not have it considered in their precious peoples vote.
When the trade aspect is finalised we will be out of the EU, maybe will have been out for 18 months.
How then when you have your peoples vote at this stage, will you be able to have an option of remaining in the EU when we will have already left.

It really isn’t pleasant watching someone have a slow and very visible breakdown. Can a friend or family member please step in and take away his keyboard?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't normally talk to strangers without being introduced,but as Plooks hasn't turned up then I will make an exception.I'm trying to highlight Ryanair's continued investment in British airports and routes to counteract the Euro groupies constant negativity.They have also recently invested in Southend.Why bother if they think the whole country will be under a blanket flying ban?There is plenty of airport parking space around Europe,lots of room at Berlin Brandenburg.

Ryanair?! The joke airline that’s just destroyed thousands of family’s holidays? Yeah, well chuffed they’re investing in the UK.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Ryanair?! The joke airline that’s just destroyed thousands of family’s holidays? Yeah, well chuffed they’re investing in the UK.

Oh,so it's not industrial action by pilots,groundcrew,and baggage handlers that has caused it?Some big boys at Ryanair did it and ran away?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Invested in Southend :lolol: It’s hardly the third runway at Heathrow is it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The government’s instruction to Northern Ireland businesses to ask Dublin what they should do in the event of no deal on Brexit has been described as “madness” by manufacturers in the region.

Hilary Benn, the Labour MP and chair of the Brexit select committee, described the guidance as an “abdication of responsibility”.

In what is being seen as a deliberate attempt to put pressure on Ireland’s prime minister, Leo Varadkar, the UK government has recommended that businesses trading across the border “should consider whether you will need advice from the Irish government about preparations you need to make”.

Just ask Dublin lols

Britain now asking other nations for advice. Wtf. Surely common sense will step in very shortly and do something? The world is watching this and it’s embarrassing, surreal as one friend said.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
What’s really sad in all this is that rational,reasonable and intelligent people now seem to have an unhealthy hatred for 52% of the nation, almost a spitting rage ,I firmly believe that in under two years time there will be a hell of a lot of people very disappointed with themselves, the road is going to be very bumpy, what’s worth achieving without a bit of cohesive effort?As a nation we will emerge from this a better, more prosperous place to live and work, within 10 years the EU will have unraveled and We will have been the first to step off the burning deck.Chins up,the future is bright,we’re on our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What’s really sad in all this is that rational,reasonable and intelligent people now seem to have an unhealthy hatred for 52% of the nation, almost a spitting rage ,I firmly believe that in under two years time there will be a hell of a lot of people very disappointed with themselves, the road is going to be very bumpy, what’s worth achieving without a bit of cohesive effort?As a nation we will emerge from this a better, more prosperous place to live and work, within 10 years the EU will have unraveled and We will have been the first to step off the burning deck.Chins up,the future is bright,we’re on our way.

Sort of agree, but just as it is blind stupidity to label all of the 52% as old, thick, right-wing racists, it is surely equally foolish to assume every one of the 48% are rational, reasonable and intelligent people. Some of them undoubtedly are (indeed, I know some personally who fit that description) but in all honesty the words 'rational, reasonable and intelligent' cannot reasonably be used to describe the more rabid brexit haters who resort to unpleasantness, insults and abuse.

You're right, though, it is sad that people - who may be quite decent human beings in other matters - are reduced to the level of frothing at the mouth and blind rage of the worst remoaners just because the majority of us voted for a different outcome than the one they wanted.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Sort of agree, but just as it is blind stupidity to label all of the 52% as old, thick, right-wing racists, it is surely equally foolish to assume every one of the 48% are rational, reasonable and intelligent people. Some of them undoubtedly are (indeed, I know some personally who fit that description) but in all honesty the words 'rational, reasonable and intelligent' cannot reasonably be used to describe the more rabid brexit haters who resort to unpleasantness, insults and abuse.

You're right, though, it is sad that people - who may be quite decent human beings in other matters - are reduced to the level of frothing at the mouth and blind rage of the worst remoaners just because the majority of us voted for a different outcome than the one they wanted.

I have a strong dislike for people who seem to revel in the concern that rational, reasonable people have over Brexit. I have a strong dislike for people who just don't care how much damage is done by it, as long as they get whatever aspect of Brexit they think it is that really matters. I have a strong dislike of people who push for the most removed relationship possible, and try to convince the rest of us that it really will be no big deal, to have no deal, whilst being in a position to profit from the chaos themselves.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You sound like Wayne Rooney before a World Cup :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here