Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle Player Struck By Coin

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:shrug: maybe you're right. I read "Sea girls" and "ladies" as implying homophobia - you know, effeminacy. But perhaps he just caught me in a bad mood? Him being a Palace fan, I'm not overly inclined to get the infraction reversed, tbh.

Yes it was a homophobic dig. But what do you expect from a user who's username is part of a (very cringey) homophobic 'song' that palace seem to try and sing occasionally...

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Those mean Newcastle players daring to score a goal. The temerity of it.

No doubt one of our resident Palace bellends will be along shortly to tell us it's all part of the cauldron of support that they like to create at Selhurst.

If only you had a team that were good enough to get into the the Premiership to begin with, a team good enough to stay there and had a set of genuine fans that were good and loud enough to be regarded as one of the best in the country, you might not be so bitter towards your rivals.

Yep, didn't take very long at all.

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
Ummm.

As much as I detest these morons, and can't stand the way they derail threads, I am failing to spot the homophobia in there.

Can I ask whether you deem any Palace fan that comes on here, and is respectful, as a moron? I know there are some Stalinist apologists for their cause - but others just defend their club where appropriate, while being sensible. Let's face it we'll all defend our club (or support) when push comes to shove as we're 'supporters'.

If Palace fans can't have a fair say it might be better to exclude them. I've been posting on here since 2002 (under different guises) and find it a very engaging forum with sensible views. I'm a football nut and actually enjoy reading about what Bournemouth think of you, or your day at the den or tips for getting tickets for the Vicente Calderon.

Doesn't mean that if someone says 'you've cheated for 30 years, your fans are plastic and your ground is a pit', I might have a go back. And you can see that there are Albion fans attracted primarily to the Palace threads to vent.

Genuine question.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yes it was a homophobic dig. But what do you expect from a user who's username is part of a (very cringey) homophobic 'song' that palace seem to try and sing occasionally...

So it is. I hadn't made the connection before. Your observation has assuaged what guilt I had at possibly banning someone unfairly - thanks.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Can I ask whether you deem any Palace fan that comes on here, and is respectful, as a moron? I know there are some Stalinist apologists for their cause - but others just defend their club where appropriate, while being sensible. Let's face it we'll all defend our club (or support) when push comes to shove as we're 'supporters'.

If Palace fans can't have a fair say it might be better to exclude them. I've been posting on here since 2002 (under different guises) and find it a very engaging forum with sensible views. I'm a football nut and actually enjoy reading about what Bournemouth think of you, or your day at the den or tips for getting tickets for the Vicente Calderon.

Doesn't mean that if someone says 'you've cheated for 30 years, your fans are plastic and your ground is a pit', I might have a go back. And you can see that there are Albion fans attracted primarily to the Palace threads to vent.

Genuine question.

I think the issue is that the number of decent Palace fans who post on here is hugely outnumbered by the amount of gloating bellends, so it's not surprising, although not right, that you all get tarred with the same brush.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Genuine question.

I can answer this... On this thread you seem reasonable and one of the few palace that is capable of holding a conversation BUT

Why is your username AmexGold ? It suggests you're an Albion fan to me? Although I think there's another account from an Albion fan with a similar username to you so sorry if i'm getting confused.

As a result of thinking you were a Brighton fan, I clicked on your profile and saw one of your posts: 'Well done Dougie, but then again it was only Brighton they beat. What a shower.'

Maybe that answers your question as to why you're being treated like a bell-end - cos you made a bell end comment on another thread which was nothing to do with Palace or you either I may add...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Genuine question.

I think the issue is that the number of decent Palace fans who post on here is hugely outnumbered by the amount of gloating bellends, so it's not surprising, although not right, that you all get tarred with the same brush.

This is absolutely the point. There are some (trolls I guess) on here like Dougie or VHA etc etc who won't EVER admit to any negativity towards palace. They are constantly fighting and have their backs up defending all things palace. It gets very tiresome and leaves NSCs normal posters, who wish to use this board quite short on patience with all palace on here. It's boring to read and ends up with Albion fans getting involved and then reacting rather brutally, and yes defensively, back to them.

I have many mates who are palace. Some who I'd do anything for and the choice of football team really doesn't come into it when you think seriously about things... These same mates will usually admit things in a fair way - same as I do with Albion. All of them who discussed the 'poo-gate' revelation recently said things like '****ing hell that's embarrassing - we should apologise to you without doubt.' Same as when the poo-gate thing came out originally I was saying to them that's embarrassing for BHA and disgusting etc.. My point is when it's on the internet, it becomes much more intense and there are lots of red and blue and blue and white specs on - but the palace trolls on here are the cause - as this is an Albion message board after all...

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
To be fair, for the most part, AmexGold and Del Fenner are decent posters on NSC.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Our own fans are just as guilty of this kind of lunacy. Away to Peterborough a few years back I had the displeasure of witnessing a young guy in front of me throwing coins at their keeper. What was interesting was how other Albion fans around me said nothing and they must have seen it. As it was I took issue with him and whilst he did stop I got a volley of abuse from him and his mates and for the remainder of the half he thought it hilarious to feign throwing again and kept looking at me to get a reaction. Bearing in mind we were jammed in the terrace behind the goal it would not have been easy to get a steward's attention.

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
This is absolutely the point. There are some (trolls I guess) on here like Dougie or VHA etc etc who won't EVER admit to any negativity towards palace. They are constantly fighting and have their backs up defending all things palace. It gets very tiresome and leaves NSCs normal posters, who wish to use this board quite short on patience with all palace on here. It's boring to read and ends up with Albion fans getting involved and then reacting rather brutally, and yes defensively, back to them.

I have many mates who are palace. Some who I'd do anything for and the choice of football team really doesn't come into it when you think seriously about things... These same mates will usually admit things in a fair way - same as I do with Albion. All of them who discussed the 'poo-gate' revelation recently said things like '****ing hell that's embarrassing - we should apologise to you without doubt.' Same as when the poo-gate thing came out originally I was saying to them that's embarrassing for BHA and disgusting etc.. My point is when it's on the internet, it becomes much more intense and there are lots of red and blue and blue and white specs on - but the palace trolls on here are the cause - as this is an Albion message board after all...

Fair enough - can't argue with that - I guess the pertinent point being this is an Albion forum.

On your previous post - I can be sensible, but I do bite. I think the Dougie reference was after him being called a 'greasy Palace ****' or some other comment.

The username isn't meant to confuse. I've never hid my allegiance and it only came into being when I could no longer be Paulie after a comment about Dobbie scoring a goal in April 2014. Rightly banned and disappeared to get on with life for a while.

The NSC experience is more enjoyable than the BBS, the general football stuff as I said. Maybe I should stay off the Palace threads.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Our own fans are just as guilty of this kind of lunacy. Away to Peterborough a few years back I had the displeasure of witnessing a young guy in front of me throwing coins at their keeper. What was interesting was how other Albion fans around me said nothing and they must have seen it. As it was I took issue with him and whilst he did stop I got a volley of abuse from him and his mates and for the remainder of the half he thought it hilarious to feign throwing again and kept looking at me to get a reaction. Bearing in mind we were jammed in the terrace behind the goal it would not have been easy to get a steward's attention.

That's not nice to read.

For some reason, the odd idiotic person seems to regard throwing a coin as something which is more irritating rather than dangerous. Perhaps due to the small size of a coin? They don't consider that it is an aerodynamic piece of sharp metal, which could easily blind someone.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Fair enough - can't argue with that - I guess the pertinent point being this is an Albion forum.

On your previous post - I can be sensible, but I do bite. I think the Dougie reference was after him being called a 'greasy Palace ****' or some other comment.

The username isn't meant to confuse. I've never hid my allegiance and it only came into being when I could no longer be Paulie after a comment about Dobbie scoring a goal in April 2014. Rightly banned and disappeared to get on with life for a while.

The NSC experience is more enjoyable than the BBS, the general football stuff as I said. Maybe I should stay off the Palace threads.

I didn't realise that was your previous guise - you were a pretty decent poster.

I think Palace-related threads are always going to be a bit of melting pot for idiotic comments on both sides, regardless of who is involved. Realistically, we're both always going to defend our clubs to the hilt. In my opinion, Albion fans are a bit better at recognising where the line is than Palace fans. The furore over 'poogate' has only served to reinforce that point to me.

Doesn't mean that Palace fans can't be an active part of NSC in general, though. I've had decent advice from Palace fans on non-football-related threads on here in the past and it would be a shame to lose that element.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Fair enough mate. As I say, I went on your profile (think i'm getting confused with 'Gold with Falmer' maybe - an Albion fan) and just saw the post - didn't check the context. We all bite and say silly things occasionally when being baited by others of course. The ones on here who blatantly troll spoil it for the other palace fans on the whole unfortunately. As I say, banter is fine and have it with some palace mates - others we have a 'non-gloating' policy which is always respected and works well!

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
Fair enough mate. As I say, I went on your profile (think i'm getting confused with 'Gold with Falmer' maybe - an Albion fan) and just saw the post - didn't check the context. We all bite and say silly things occasionally when being baited by others of course. The ones on here who blatantly troll spoil it for the other palace fans on the whole unfortunately. As I say, banter is fine and have it with some palace mates - others we have a 'non-gloating' policy which is always respected and works well!

I guess respectful is the word. It's to your credit that you still allow Palace fans on here - even though they, we, I, can be poor house guests sometimes.

I have the same - two Wimbledon/AFC mates I been drinking with for 30 years who hate Palace (who doesn't it seems). We get by and I offered my full support to them and their coffers in the early years. Top blokes but had the occasional tense moment in the pub over the years.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I could no longer be Paulie after a comment about Dobbie scoring a goal in April 2014. Rightly banned and disappeared to get on with life for a while

I hadn't realised that you were Paulie either. I've just had a look at that account - it's live. You picked up one major infraction for the comment you refer to which gave you an automatic 3 day ban. That expired yonks ago, so you can use "Paulie" if you like, or carry on with your current user name - your call.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
I hadn't realised that you were Paulie either. I've just had a look at that account - it's live. You picked up one major infraction for the comment you refer to which gave you an automatic 3 day ban. That expired yonks ago, so you can use "Paulie" if you like, or carry on with your current user name - your call.

Thanks Goldstone - I'm back, hopefully a little less chippy and more considered. And definitely a Palace fan for my sins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here