Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle Player Struck By Coin

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thanks Goldstone - I'm back, hopefully a little less chippy and more considered. And definitely a Palace fan for my sins.

To be clear, the thumbs up I gave you shouldn't be in any way taken as approval concerning you definitely being a Palace fan. For that, you deserve derision and, above all, pity. Obviously.

Welcome back!

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
To be clear, the thumbs up I gave you shouldn't be in any way taken as approval concerning you definitely being a Palace fan. For that, you deserve derision and, above all, pity. Obviously.

Welcome back!

Of course - pity graciously accepted.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Proper fans them lot, proper hard.

If only we had a drum and a load of spotty gimps wearing black hoodies to intimidate the corner taker.

Capture.PNG

Leaving aside any rivalry or Palace-sniping for a second, I absolutely cringe watching that video.

It's horrible to see: look how close to his eye the coin hits him. I'm sure it was painful enough as it is, but another few millimetres and that's his eyeball sliced open. Some years back now, I picked up an eye injury caused by an object (much blunter than a coin) being thrown at me & I was warned at the hospital at the time that I could permanently lose the sight in that eye. Perhaps that's why I get quite squeamish about stuff like this.

You have to be a complete and utter cretin to hurl coins like that. I don't hold out much hope that the individual responsible will be caught, but it would be good to think he would be (a) banned for life and (b) prosecuted, if he, by some miracle, actually was identified.

It's not a Palace thing. It's simply a moron thing. Contemptible and cowardly, whoever you are.

Well said Edna, who ever did it is a :tosser:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I've read this thread and I agree , the person who threw the coin is a idiot who I'm sure will be identified and banned . It's happened a few times and will keep happening if people can't control their emotions . No one likes it when players celebrate in front of you ( Newcastle overdid it last night ) but usually a " **** off " will suffice.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Please do not allow this thread to become sidetracked from the REAL issue here.

Palace fans chucking coins at oppo players, Palace fans defending said coin throwing.

I don't think anyone has defended it .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm not saying it's right - but the number of companies and amounts were relatively small - we're not talking Glasgow Rangers. Still too many companies I agree.

It just makes me laugh that your only comeback is that we cheated and shouldn't enjoy our post-2010 success because of earlier events. We're as culpable for Goldberg and Jordan, who both had a negative impact on our club, as you are for Archer and Belotti. I'll live with it.

Your SECOND administration wiped out more than £30 MILLION worth of debt allowing CPFC2010 to buy the club DEBT FREE for a PITTANCE.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Our own fans are just as guilty of this kind of lunacy. Away to Peterborough a few years back I had the displeasure of witnessing a young guy in front of me throwing coins at their keeper. What was interesting was how other Albion fans around me said nothing and they must have seen it. As it was I took issue with him and whilst he did stop I got a volley of abuse from him and his mates and for the remainder of the half he thought it hilarious to feign throwing again and kept looking at me to get a reaction. Bearing in mind we were jammed in the terrace behind the goal it would not have been easy to get a steward's attention.

Every club has them .

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
No one likes it when players celebrate in front of you ( Newcastle overdid it last night ) but usually a " **** off " will suffice.

You quite clearly see Newcastles goal celebrations as making the coin throwing incident partially excusable. No surprises there then, from a Palace troll.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You quite clearly see Newcastles goal celebrations as making the coin throwing incident partially excusable. No surprises there then, from a Palace troll.

I seem to recall on Saturday some dick threw a water bottle on to the pitch when the first forest goal went in and it landed to the left of stock dales goal...I have also seen the way fans in the north stand react when an opposing player scores and " celebrates" in front of the fans......so let's not brand a complete **** at palace as a one off!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

I suggest you re read what I said .

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I suggest you re read what I said .

Oh I have read your trolling post.

You said..."No-one likes it when players celebrate in front of you, but usually a **** off will suffice". Obviously last nights celebrations by Newcastle were not 'usual' as you stated in your caveat..."Newcastle overdid it last night".

'Usual' "**** off"obviously wasn't enough for your lot....

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I've heard that a young lad was led out at half time , seems the culprit has been caught .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Oh I have read your trolling post.

You said..."No-one likes it when players celebrate in front of you, but usually a **** off will suffice". Obviously last nights celebrations by Newcastle were not 'usual' as you stated in your caveat..."Newcastle overdid it last night".

'Usual' "**** off"obviously wasn't enough for your lot....
It suffices for me and most fans I would imagine . Newcastle were goading last night , cisse ran behind the goal and headed towards where I sit (stand) and was joined by his team mates who celebrated abit too wildly IMO . A lot shouted things and one idiot did something stupid . Football is emotional and fans get caught up in the moment , anyway we had the last laugh so I'm happy .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think. no in fact I know they have. But to be fair I don't expect anything else from you trying to defend the indefensible.

Where have I defended it ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here