Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think we'll sign a forward in the January transfer window?

Do you think we'll sign a forward in the January transfer window?

• Yes

Votes: 160 66.4%
  • No

Votes: 81 33.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes and early on too, what with 4 potentially crucial games from the middle of the month.

This post is infused with optimism. I agree with it, too and suspect that we're working on putting a deal together now or over the next few weeks.
But, as others have said, it's more about the quality and suitability than anything else. If we can find someone not only to help us towards the PL, but play a part in in keeping us there, then let's go for that player; if not, happy to go for a loanee.
People like to invoke Bloom's fondness for gambling, but he's far more a statistician than how most conceive of his gambling, and he'll recognise that (so far, at least) we've been lucky that our forwards haven't been afflicted with long-term injuries or suspensions.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
If anything happens to Murray we will be completely stuffed. Hemed is ok but not at the same level.

With the quality we have elsewhere on the pitch we can't rely on the fitness of a 33 year old loanee to get us promoted.

So yes I think and hope we will get someone else in. Who we would be able to get is another matter entirely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
1 striker needed, 2 strikers if Elvis leaves.

1 young central midfielder needed to replace Ince when he is in court, or in the worst case if his contract is terminated after the outcome.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I doubt we will spend (or need to spend) any money on a striker, as they'll be someone on loan who can cover Muzza, Hemed and Baldock when fatigue kicks in.
So that's a yes from you then. If we sign someone on loan, we've still signed them. They'll still cost money too.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we are serious about the P/L a loan is not the long term solution
If we're serious about the PL, we need to get there first and foremost. If we get there and the striker then leaves, that's fine, we'll have more money to spend in the summer.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
i would imagine the deal with whoever it is has already been pretty much done (subject to things like league position etc) and we just need to wait to find out. This is both exciting and frustrating.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
i would imagine the deal with whoever it is has already been pretty much done (subject to things like league position etc) and we just need to wait to find out. This is both exciting and frustrating.
Let's hope it wasn't Danny Ings !

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
As things stand, if we do (and I think we will), I suspect it wouldn't be someone who is straight into the first 11.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As things stand, if we do (and I think we will), I suspect it wouldn't be someone who is straight into the first 11.

I agree, I think we have our first choice strikers in place. However we only have three who are likely to play (discounting Elvis) so a fourth member of the striking corps is required. I think we'll get someone in but not anyone that we may get immediately excited about.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes. Surely, we won't take a flyer on our current 3 only? 4 required minimum. We have no competition for Sam B. Simple.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This post is infused with optimism. I agree with it, too and suspect that we're working on putting a deal together now or over the next few weeks.
But, as others have said, it's more about the quality and suitability than anything else. If we can find someone not only to help us towards the PL, but play a part in in keeping us there, then let's go for that player; if not, happy to go for a loanee.
People like to invoke Bloom's fondness for gambling, but he's far more a statistician than how most conceive of his gambling, and he'll recognise that (so far, at least) we've been lucky that our forwards haven't been afflicted with long-term injuries or suspensions.
As others have said, a loan would make the most sense.

I have no idea how those happy with 3 get through a game.
Every time a tackle goes in on one of them, esp Baldock, my heart is in my mouth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here