Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] David Stockdale

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So we are not the only club to think he is not actually all that special?

It seems that way, yes.

Personally, I found him frustrating last season. Few real howlers, but he was responsible for giving the ball away so many times with his terrible distribution. If an outfield player failed with his passes that many times, he'd be playing in the county league before the season was out. I know it's not his primary role, but it put us under so much pressure at times.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
From the Fulham boards this morning

When my mate said to him "Stockdale don't go to Brighton for £1 mil", his reply was a hasty "It's not up to me" while putting his hand against his chest before he began his run alongside the main terrace.

A mate of mine reckons it's a done deal, medical just to be completed, but he is working on the rumours down in Brighton. Don't they have kuscack the old man utd keeper

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He'd be a solid replacement for Kuszczak, possibly an upgrade. The fact that it could weaken Fulham is also a decent selling point. Lets hope we can get something sorted out.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Stockdale is toilet, If you thought Wayne Henderson parried the ball to on rushing forwards, Stockdale takes that to another level.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Can't believe we will get him for £1m unless he has had a serious bust up with the management and they just want to get rid.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He'd be a solid replacement for Kuszczak, possibly an upgrade. The fact that it could weaken Fulham is also a decent selling point. Lets hope we can get something sorted out.

It wont, they have Stekelenburg who will be the best keeper in the league, plus they have a couple of promising youth teamers.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Stekelenburg was woeful last year, I was truly shocked at what a bad keeper he had become.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It wont, they have Stekelenburg who will be the best keeper in the league, plus they have a couple of promising youth teamers.

On the Fulham equivalent of NSC they reckon both Stockdale and Stekelenberg are going. Slightly OT dont understand why Brezovan's agent hasnt pushed him for Blackpool who are desperate for players.including a keeper.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Stockdale is toilet, If you thought Wayne Henderson parried the ball to on rushing forwards, Stockdale takes that to another level.

What a load of rubbish. Stockdale has got good reports from all his loan clubs, especially Hull where they really wanted to sign him permanently. The majority of Fulham fans want him as their number one this season if you look at their website.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
On the Fulham equivalent of NSC they reckon both Stockdale and Stekelenberg are going. Slightly OT dont understand why Brezovan's agent hasnt pushed him for Blackpool who are desperate for players.including a keeper.

Far enough, backs up the point he isnt very good if they would rather get rid than keep even though the number one is off

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I wondered why a Spurs fan living in Brighton would have more knowledge than anyone else?

He's the great Oracle-didn't you know? Knows more about football than the rest of us put together.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Simply because Stockdales weakness is known to be he tends to push the ball out into the 6 yd box when making a good save a la Ankergren and Brezovan. That is not to say he is a poor keeper but that is a definite weakness he has.

Known to be by who exactly? From what I read on the Fulham forums, they said his weakness was commanding his area and he's a brilliant shot stopper (at least the ones who didn't rate him were saying that). You talk as if he's as well known as Manuel Neuer.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes please. He has always looked good when I've seen him on the goggle box... plenty of shots to deal with at Fulham too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here