Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] David Stockdale

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Unless something happened that we are unaware of I do not see him as being £1m spendiing better than TK. Why spend £1m to finish up with something no better than you had already?

That's the odd thing for me as well . Especially as he would have to be one of the top earners to come here .

Kinky fair opinion but if Fulham fans like him then id probably go with that

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
That's the odd thing for me as well . Especially as he would have to be one of the top earners to come here .

Kinky fair opinion but if Fulham fans like him then id probably go with that

Or the club felt that if they were going to invest good money long term in a GK it wasn't going to be TK.

Mar 2, 2014
Unless something happened that we are unaware of I do not see him as being £1m spendiing better than TK. Why spend £1m to finish up with something no better than you had already?

Perhaps Stockdale can kick the ball straight. That would be an improvement straight away. Stockdale would be a step up on Kuszczak.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I get that - so why would we spend £1m+ on another keeper, shirley we'd go for a cheaper option until Walton is deemed ready ???

Competition for places maybe? We need two quality keepers - Imo.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Just spoken to David Stockdale. He said "I'm pleased to be coming to play for as big a club as Brighton. Fulham are Tinpot!".

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Maybe because Stockdale is only 28 and coming into what should be his peak?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Fans on twitter, eh ? One or two may have inside info, but the rest is just rumour spread or fantasy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So Charlton fans on Twitter reckon Stockdale and also reckon Henderson is joining them. Blimey. Keeper City at the valley.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So if he's on a par with PIG (and I think that's about right) why not keep PIG? His wages wouldn't have amounted to more than £1M plus Stockdale's wages, would they?

I agree. I would have kept Kuszczak, but we haven't so it's important we sign someone who is as good if not better.

Who knows what goes on behind the scenes.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
TK was a great keeper for Brighton but his time has gone. Why did we not keep him? Maybe the club thought we could do better or maybe his wages were to high. Who know but i trust the decision makers that this was right for Brighton.
Stockdale if he joins will be a great signing. Been in a few england squads without ever playing so must have done something right. Those saying he is not commanding enough and his shot stopping is not good enough are prob just reading what Fulham fans are saying as they think he is leaving. Yesterday when it broke there sermed a lot of unrest Fulham would let what they believe to be there No 1 go for only 1 million. That suggests to me if we sign him it will turn out to be a good one

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would be interesting to get some genuine insite into the fallout between Kuszczak and Bruno.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here