Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale,,,,,,

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I Personally, after having seen the replays of the goals, think he could have done better with both, esp the 2nd. I think even DS would be unhappy that he hasn't been able to parry the ball round the post rather than back into the path of the oncoming Adomah

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Perhaps he does not play well when he is not busy. Last season at Fulham for instance I am sure there was plenty of action in their goalmouth. With Brighton we have plenty of possession it seems to me and rarely are we under significant pressure defensively. As a rule teams sit back and hit us on the counter attack when we over commit forward. He is only occasionally in the action but when he is, he has not performed consistently, making too many errors.

Whilst one can point the finger at his last ditch attempts yesterday, the highlights show our overall defending at those times to be a shambles.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I was excited when signed him, but he is RUBBISH, i soo want us to put in Walton who is a young very talented and highly rated England under 19 international, Man city and Arsenal were after him, so why not play him, i dont get it, if we going to have a seasn of medicre (highest possibility as most likely relegation battle why not give this lad some experience for the year.)
Im even thinking that Ankergren might be better than Stockdale and thats saying something, the defence have no confidence in him, he is soo obvious what does from goal kicks, his kicking is awful, he never saves anything, he is too busy coming out deep and shouting at other players. (concentrate on your own game first)

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I can't believe we paid a million for him, we would have been better buying 3 younger keepers and using Walton or Ankergren till they came on

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I was excited when signed him, but he is RUBBISH, i soo want us to put in Walton who is a young very talented and highly rated England under 19 international, Man city and Arsenal were after him, so why not play him, i dont get it, if we going to have a seasn of medicre (highest possibility as most likely relegation battle why not give this lad some experience for the year.)
Im even thinking that Ankergren might be better than Stockdale and thats saying something, the defence have no confidence in him, he is soo obvious what does from goal kicks, his kicking is awful, he never saves anything, he is too busy coming out deep and shouting at other players. (concentrate on your own game first)

Brilliant idea. Get Walton in goal, then when he has let a couple in, you can all start slagging him off on here. Maybe start having a pop at him on twitter as well. Probably do his confidence the world of good.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Not quite. Greer had his shirt pulled that caused him to stumble and lose the ball. The referee (and you) didn't spot it. That and Paddy's miss were the key points in the game IMHO.

PG

Don't agree, Gardner gave him a poor pass 1st off. Greer thought he had more time than he did and should have got rid 1st time upfield. He didn't, gave possession away and put us bang in trouble.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Thanks for illustrating my point about what idiotic, reactionary fans we have. He's not rubbish. He's made a couple of mistakes (not anywhere near the number that some so called fans on here blame him for). Where do you get the idea that the defence has no confidence in him? They clearly felt like leaving him completely alone to deal with the second goal yesterday rather than trying to tackle or block Adomah.

If we stick Walton in at the moment, he may well not be ready and that would affect his confidence and development. But clearly you know more than our management team and they should listen to you.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Don't agree, Gardner gave him a poor pass 1st off. Greer thought he had more time than he did and should have got rid 1st time upfield. He didn't, gave possession away and put us bang in trouble.

Are you saying he didn't have his shirt pulled? I was right opposite it and he clearly had his shirt pulled. It's not a matter of opinion, it happened.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would rest him against Huddersfield and play Ankergren, what have we to lose at least he may try to save a shot that is not directly at him. On current form it has to be said that DS is no better than CA.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Half sat half laying on the ground? He runs our shifting weight from foot to foot ready to dive either way, and as soon as he is close to the attacker, the boro player pulls it back, as that ball is played Stockdale dives. He had no chance to grab the ball.

He absolutely made a very basic mistake for the second, but he can't be blamed in any way for the first.

Don't agree for the first, at one second into your clip the forward takes a slightly heavy touch, if his starting position had been better, he would have stood a better chance.

To be clear I am not apportioning complete fault at him, just saying he could have done slightly better, if he had been a yard further out.

For me personally he does lack a bit of sharpness and several times, he could have been a yard further out. First goal at Brentford (though that was primarily Bennett), even their pen appeal yesterday he looked slow.

What I would also add on the second is that if Bennett does not jump in we are not left exposed and he should take some of the blame.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That was my view he was not 100% to blame but could have done better and that is the difference that over a season amounts to perhaps 15 - 20 points, which on our current showing we are goimng to need..

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
That was my view he was not 100% to blame but could have done better and that is the difference that over a season amounts to perhaps 15 - 20 points, which on our current showing we are goimng to need..

Your opinion is so pathetic and biased that it's completely irrelevant. If Stockdale made six brilliant saves but conceded one goal which he had no chance with, you'd still blame him.

Basically, you decided before he signed that he was rubbish and are now slagging him off at every opportunity to prove yourself right. With so called fans like that, who needs enemies?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Don't agree for the first, at one second into your clip the forward takes a slightly heavy touch, if his starting position had been better, he would have stood a better chance.

To be clear I am not apportioning complete fault at him, just saying he could have done slightly better, if he had been a yard further out.

For me personally he does lack a bit of sharpness and several times, he could have been a yard further out. First goal at Brentford (though that was primarily Bennett), even their pen appeal yesterday he looked slow.

What I would also add on the second is that if Bennett does not jump in we are not left exposed and he should take some of the blame.

And if he takes out their player and gives away a penalty, then he's blamed by people like you and BensGrandad for diving in. He does the right thing, stops the player shooting. It's not his fault we have no defensive cover anywhere near Tomlin to block the shot.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Your opinion is so pathetic and biased that it's completely irrelevant. If Stockdale made six brilliant saves but conceded one goal which he had no chance with, you'd still blame him.

Basically, you decided before he signed that he was rubbish and are now slagging him off at every opportunity to prove yourself right. With so called fans like that, who needs enemies?

Totally wrong when I thought he was at fault I have said so unfortunately I believe he could have done better with a number of the goals we have conceeded and I praised him when he played well and wasnt at fault, so my position is not prejudged. My only concern before he signed was that he was 28 years old and nobody had made him their No 1 and didnt think that he was an improvement on TK, not a £1m better.

If he keeps his place against Huddersfield and Rotherham and does the job expected of him I will say so, if he makes some decent saves I will praise him if he makes mistakes again I will say so.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
And if he takes out their player and gives away a penalty, then he's blamed by people like you and BensGrandad for diving in. He does the right thing, stops the player shooting. It's not his fault we have no defensive cover anywhere near Tomlin to block the shot.

What like he did in the first minute when he was slow off his line? Looked a close one from where I was.

Stopped the player shooting? Rather he'd have just got the ball, it was a lack of sharpness and starting position.

Incidentally, did they not score anyway?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Totally wrong when I thought he was at fault I have said so unfortunately I believe he could have done better with a number of the goals we have conceeded and I praised him when he played well and wasnt at fault, so my position is not prejudged. My only concern before he signed was that he was 28 years old and nobody had made him their No 1 and didnt think that he was an improvement on TK, not a £1m better.

If he keeps his place against Huddersfield and Rotherham and does the job expected of him I will say so, if he makes some decent saves I will praise him if he makes mistakes again I will say so.

If you say so, but anyone who looks back at your Stockdale comments will see a number of people arguing with you when you've criticised Stockdale and you always having a go at him (yesterday's first goal being a classic example).

I'm sure he'll keep his place against Huddersfield and Rotherham. You say what harm will it do? Well if you know anything about goalkeepers (or even football in general) you'd realise the harm it will do to Stockdale's confidence.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Are you saying he didn't have his shirt pulled? I was right opposite it and he clearly had his shirt pulled. It's not a matter of opinion, it happened.

I'm not saying he didn't have his shirt pulled, I dont recall it. I'm pretty sure he had time to clear up field before he was closed down though.....I'm sure you'll tell me

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If you say so, but anyone who looks back at your Stockdale comments will see a number of people arguing with you when you've criticised Stockdale and you always having a go at him (yesterday's first goal being a classic example).

I'm sure he'll keep his place against Huddersfield and Rotherham. You say what harm will it do? Well if you know anything about goalkeepers (or even football in general) you'd realise the harm it will do to Stockdale's confidence.

On the other hand if he is shaky and makes another error (ignoring the first goal for a second), do you not feel that will make him worse?

I was eased when we signed him and contrary to others, his distribution is an improvement on Kuszczak, however so far his shot stopping is not.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here