Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale,,,,,,

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
What a bizarre comment. Yes, they did score anyway but he stopped the striker shooting by closing him down and his defence should have closed down the other Middlesbrough players.

Also, I don't think he was slow off his line early on and it wasn't a penalty but it's a completely different situation. This thread is everything that's wrong with NSC, so called fans scapegoating one player for what was a poor performance all round.
Not only the second goal was his fault , but the Cardiff equaliser was his fault , both goals against Charlton were down to him , he really is a poor keeper

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Stock dale is a decent keeper but is stuck behind a back line who are, basically, shithouse. Every error he has made has, IMO, been down to a lack of communication further out.

When it's one on one then it's easy to pick out the keeper as at fault. Our troubles are not confined to him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not only the second goal was his fault , but the Cardiff equaliser was his fault , both goals against Charlton were down to him , he really is a poor keeper

There have been 2 or 3 where he will feel he could have done more, and that's worthy of discussion. When you go as far though as to include a goal like Charlton's second, you just show that your are actively looking to find fault, IMO like.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
To say he was 100% at fault for the two goals is utter utter arse. Yes, a different action from him may have prevented to goals but he is as much to blame for the goals as the whole teams defending. Only when the whole team defend perfectly and we concede is it the keepers fault 100%.
Greer and Dunk made a mistakes for the first, the covering was bad and they had a player free in the penalty area who had time to pick his spot. Those are all not Stockdale's fault. The second goal was just riddled with mistakes and if you think it is 100% Stokdale's fault you clearly think that defending is 100% correct and, therefore, delusional.

Stockdale is no more to blame then the whole team for the goals.

Never commented on the first, re-read my post. Yes errors were made for the second by others but what should have been a routine stop was f**ked up by Stockdale so it's irrelevant what happened prior to the shot, he should have dealt with it, he didn't, his fault 100%.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There have been 2 or 3 where he will feel he could have done more, and that's worthy of discussion. When you go as far though as to include a goal like Charlton's second, you just show that your are actively looking to find fault, IMO like.

The Charlton second goal was again a poor starting position and lack of sharpness, so he was partially at fault. As I said earlier same with Brentford's first as well as Boro. All of that aside, as you suggest these are things he will be disappointed with, rather than a glaring errors.

However, to be clear for Charlton's goal, the primary fault IMO, rests with JFC and Bennett who were sloppy, when they had the winger double banked. Brentford's first was Bennett who was ball watching. Boro's first was sloppy play by Holla and Greer, and whilst Stockdale could have done better on the second, once again Bennett left us exposed by needlessly diving in.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
The thing for me about Stockdale is that he has had enough games to date to have at least once or twice pulled off something special. That's the thing with keepers, they can't save everything and it's probably fair to say that 50% of the goals scored when DS has been between the sticks could not have been saved by another keeper. But, not to have pulled of anything with the other 50% is unacceptable. PIG and Kuypers and even Brez and Ankergren have pulled off exceptional saves on their day, DS, to date has failed to show anything to warrant the hype.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I wasn't at either of those games and I don't recall reading about any significant saves but if you say so.

Were you at the Cardiff game, when he pulled off a fantstic point blank save to spare Dunk's blushes?

Or do you only recall Stockdale's big error in the game?

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Were you at the Cardiff game, when he pulled off a fantstic point blank save to spare Dunk's blushes?

Or do you only recall Stockdale's big error in the game?

I was at the Cardiff game and I do remember the save. However, I don't agree that it was a 'fantastic point blank save' the ball was fired straight at him. Look, don't get me wrong, I want Stockdale to be good but I can't ignore the fact that his performances at the Amex to date have been underwhelming to say the least.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I was at the Cardiff game and I do remember the save. However, I don't agree that it was a 'fantastic point blank save' the ball was fired straight at him. Look, don't get me wrong, I want Stockdale to be good but I can't ignore the fact that his performances at the Amex to date have been underwhelming to say the least.

The sad thing is, given the lack of credit you give him for what was a fantastic save, you clearly don't want him to succeed. You've written him off and anything that he does well is ignored as it goes against your opinion.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

One goal against Charlton and the Cardiff equaliser were his fault. He might have done better with a couple of other goals but only two can be blamed on him.

He's not a poor keeper. He's had a tough start here but did well enough in his time at Fulham (in the Premier League) and on loan at Hull when he was a key part in their promotion fron the Championship to show he's a talented keeper. He will come good although clearly your in depth analysis shows I'm wrong!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The sad thing is, given the lack of credit you give him for what was a fantastic save, you clearly don't want him to succeed. You've written him off and anything that he does well is ignored as it goes against your opinion.

One goal against Charlton and the Cardiff equaliser were his fault. He might have done better with a couple of other goals but only two can be blamed on him.

He's not a poor keeper. He's had a tough start here but did well enough in his time at Fulham (in the Premier League) and on loan at Hull when he was a key part in their promotion fron the Championship to show he's a talented keeper. He will come good although clearly your in depth analysis shows I'm wrong!

These.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Stockdale is a proven high quality keeper but he's being left twisting slowly in the breeze by our shoddy defence.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

This bit I agree with, despite having had a difficult start and a couple of flaws IMO (as I have highlighted earlier in the thread) he is not a poor keeper, he's just had a difficult start.

Can I throw the brilliant save at Ipswich away when it 0-0, and the save a couple of home games ago when Dunk did a sloppy back-header.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003

OK, I give up, you win. My attempts to stress that I WANT STOCKDALE TO COME GOOD have flown way over your head and, it would seem, that of HKFC. I don't have an agenda to bring him down I simply don't agree with you both, get over it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is ridculous to say ANYBODY wants Stockdale to fail. TK has gone the club have put their trust in and signed Stockdale. I like most supporters want to say about him what Clough said about Shilton he earns us 20 points a season.

If he wins POTS I will be more than happy as our team will have benefitted from his performances.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Any "fan" who goes onto Twitter and has a go at any player through that players Twitter account is quite frankly pathetic

Agreed. But I didn't see anyone having a go at Stockdale on Twitter after the game.

He was happily retweeting various Albion fans who were saying he could do nothing about the goals. Then a Boro fan tweeted him saying "Defenders too slow to close down for both Boro goals" - which Stockdale then retweeted.

Then when it was pointed out that retweeting stuff absolving him of blame and putting it all on the defenders probably wasn't the best thing to do, he threw a hissy, said something like "ok fine blame me, takes the pressure off everyone else so no problem", and flounced off.

If there was anything abusive or anyone having a pop at him after the game then I must've missed it. Seems its all well and good when he's retweeting the licking, but he's a bit of a sensitive soul if its not someone telling him how great he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here